Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Friendly Places in Kerry?

Options
  • 24-05-2012 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Hi

Live in Cork City, but frequent visitor to Kerry, especially Killarney where I often bring visitors from London.

Looking for places where we can take our dog.

Any suggestions welcome!

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Hi ABajaninCork,

What sort of 'places' are you looking for? E.g. B&Bs, parks, beaches, cafés?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Hi Madrabui! :) (Great Name BTW!)

Well, we'd be looking for parks, cafe's, bars really. Beaches would be great too, but not really fussed, as we're not far from Garryvoe beach in East Cork.

TIA for any help/advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

I forgot my username gave away something about me!

This is a list of places that have allowed my dogs access. There's no way of hiding them as they are large. I've noticed that more places are allowing dogs to get in customers. But any place wth outside seating seems to allow dogs.

Killarney:
    Pay as you Please café - Seating outside.

Lake Hotel - Bar - seating outside.
    Muckross Park Hotel - Bar - seating outside (with heaters)
    Muckross House - Café - Seating outside (there's a 'no dog sign' but everyone with a dog seems to go there).
    Kate Kearney's (Gap of Dunloe)- Bar - seating outside.
    Brandon's Cottage (Black Valley)- Café - All the seating is outside.

Kenmare:
    The Breadcrumb Bakery - café - If Manuella the owner is there she'll allow dogs inside, but there is seating outside and an awning for cover.

Cahersiveen:
    The Anchor bar - The beer garden is covered.

Inch
    The old strand hotel/Greens - Café - picnic benches outside.
    Sammy's - Café - picnic benches outside.

If you discover other places please let me know. Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Thanks very much! I really appreciate it...

BTW - Do you have labs or retrievers? Just thinking of the name.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Avoid Sneem as all the locals let their dogs roam free.. Only visitors use leads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I too am looking for dog friendly places in Kerry. I'll be staying on Valentia Island the first week of October and am looking for pubs and restaurants in that general area that allow dogs (outside is fine). Like madrabui, my two dogs are fairly unmissable and much too big to squeeze under a small table. :)

I'll definitely check out the Anchor Bar in Cahirciveen, mentioned above, but would love to hear of any others in the Valentia area.

Advertisement