Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you faith in the FG/Labour government?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The question is, will they be voted into government again next time out?

Entirely possible. Anything to stop SF is the attitude of many. Will be interesting to see how much the public will put up with. Can't see them taking to the streets. Too passive/lazy in this country!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

EURATS wrote: »
    Entirely possible. Anything to stop SF is the attitude of many. Will be interesting to see how much the public will put up with. Can't see them taking to the streets. Too passive/lazy in this country!!

The world doesnt revolve around SF. When people vote for others its because they think others are the better option, not to scupper SF's hopes ffs.

If SF/ULA put forth a credible alternative people would back it. But they havent so people cant. Its not laziness on the part of the people its a lack of an actual plan by the parties and politicians who's popularity is based primarily on the fact they oppose anything and everything the government does. Without anything in the way of credible alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Fine Gael will fight our corner.

Labour will fight the trade unions corner, which is consistently anti-europe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

CruelCoin wrote: »

With the useless poodle FG has of a leader, it will be lucky to fight its way out of a paper bag!

As for Labour, they seem to be confused at the moment.
    They are supposed to be representing the Irish worker, not crucifying them at every opportunity.
    ..And the unions have actually now opposed the Labour party in a number of instances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

CruelCoin wrote: »

Yeah, right. You made my day, I had a good laugh reading that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

we should default for the crack like

LordSmeg wrote: »

The world doesnt revolve around SF. When people vote for others its because they think others are the better option, not to scupper SF's hopes ffs.

If SF/ULA put forth a credible alternative people would back it. But they havent so people cant. Its not laziness on the part of the people its a lack of an actual plan by the parties and politicians who's popularity is based primarily on the fact they oppose anything and everything the government does. Without anything in the way of credible alternatives.

A lot of peoples world revolves around being anti SF. Im not convinced by their policies, but considering FG/Lab/FF's performance to date anything but the current muck. Even no government would be better, and that's saying something.

In relation to laziness. I stated this in relation to protest and taking to the streets.

FG/Lab's alternative has been bullsh1t and it is in the process of being proven by the way things are panning out.

A lot of peoples world revolves around being anti SF. Im not convinced by their policies, but considering FG/Lab/FF's performance to date anything but the current muck. Even no government would be better, and that's saying something.

Thats true more of SF supporters than FG/Labour supporters. As you yourself have just shown. Your not convinced by their policies but as long as they aint FG/Lab/FF you're happy to support them.
    In relation to laziness. I stated this in relation to protest and taking to the streets.

And if there is no other direction in which we can go what do you expect people to protest about ? We all know we cant keep our current level of spending. We all know cuts will have to be made. What do we protest about ? Just protest for the sake of it or to spite the government ?
    FG/Lab's alternative has been bullsh1t and it is in the process of being proven by the way things are panning out.

Whether thats true or not it proves nothing in relation to SF and is irrelevant if we have no alternative. Which we dont, we have alternative parties but no credible alternative plan.

Thats true more of SF supporters than FG/Labour supporters. As you yourself have just shown. Your not convinced by their policies but as long as they aint FG/Lab/FF you're happy to support them.

EURATS:
    All u can add is that SF policies are worse than FG etc. smell of bullsh1t there. As I said before am not a SF supporter, but their policies are no worse than the other muck.
    I wouldn't support FG if u paid me!!

And if there is no other direction in which we can go what do you expect people to protest about ? We all know we cant keep our current level of spending. We all know cuts will have to be made. What do we protest about ? Just protest for the sake of it or to spite the government ?

EURATS:
    Protest about these fÛckérs wages for a start. Is a joke. Also government waste. List goes on.

Whether thats true or not it proves nothing in relation to SF and is irrelevant if we have no alternative. Which we dont, we have alternative parties but no credible alternative plan.

EURATS:
    With ur brains, I'm sure we can find a plan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I don't have faith in any of them. A shame really when you don't even feel trust towards your own Government.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I stopped giving a sh1t when the Yes vote won. "Please fcuk us up the hole" seems to be the attitude of the Irish Voter, so, wonderful- away and get fcuked so. Leave me out of it, I'll be over in the corner, minding my own business.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I honestly dont know how FG differ from FF at this point. I voted SF in the last election, mainly due to the poor level of other candidates, and despite what others may think I wouldnt be in agreement with many of their policies, and they have many questions left to answer.

SF are populist like the old FF, the only difference is the media hate SF yet they were lapdogs for Fianna Fail.

I would like to see a new party formed with normal working people not just teachers like we have now. I cant see it though, look at what a disgrace the Greens and the PDs turned out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I don't see how anyone's going to get us out of the current crisis. Short of a time machine and endless testing of easily measurable economic strategies, there seems to be no solution. No economist seems to really know what they're talking about, and I'd be suspicious of anyone who claimed they had the answers.

We'll just muddle through, like all the rest of the world is doing nowadays.

At least Fianna Fail aren't in power.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

FG and Labour are all basicly licking the Germans collective arseholes.

Thats all they will ever be capable of doing.

Well over a year now of the bullshyte excuses,as to why nothing has been done or sorted over the debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

markesmith wrote: »

This is true but, much as it pains me to say it, if we had a haughey or someone like him fighting our corner we might get a better deal......

Enda is way out of his 'debt'!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭i8mancs

How in the name of god could you have faith in a leader who is probably in a closet somewhere afraid of his own shadow, who doesn't have the confidence to debate on live TV? god help us!

As for that other NUMTY, Labours way or frankfurt's way

Enda do us all a favour pssi off back to Mayo to your classroom where you belong you FCUKING COWARD

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

There is a severe shortage of people fit to lead this country. The only government minister that ever impressed me is Richard Bruton. I would have him Taoiseach in the morning.

Gilmore? Varadkar? Rabbitte ? Burton? Noonan? Those people are barely fit to be ministers. From looking locally there seems to be very little happening in the backbenches either!

Gerry Adams, Martin , Gilmore, none of them are fit to be Taoiseach in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

markesmith wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone's going to get us out of the current crisis. Short of a time machine and endless testing of easily measurable economic strategies, there seems to be no solution. No economist seems to really know what they're talking about, and I'd be suspicious of anyone who claimed they had the answers.

We'll just muddle through, like all the rest of the world is doing nowadays.

It's a growth/employed problem. If the unemployed were employed in work there would be more taxes being paid, and less money in SW being spent.

Moan Burton's solution to that was the internship where tesco are availing of it for shelf stalkers ie real jobs taking taken away.

My mam rarely shops in Tescos but she did last week and she was raving about how good they were supporting Irish produce and giving real savings. Dim b1tch. Had to fill her in on the abuse they are doing to the irish worker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

When the election was being held I was in Australia so I can't be blamed for this shower...

But if I had been here they'd have gotten my vote to be fair. I remember being delighted when they won by such a great margin, but how that's changed...

Next election Sinn Fein will be getting my vote...wow never thought I'd be saying that

• Advertisement

When the election was being held I was in Australia so I can't be blamed for this shower...

But if I had been here they'd have gotten my vote to be fair. I remember being delighted when they won by such a great margin, but how that's changed...

Next election Sinn Fein will be getting my vote...wow never thought I'd be saying that

They don't/didn't deserve a single vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

You referring to Sinn Fein or FG\Labour...

We all know that the shower from FF didn't deserve any votes thats for sure

You referring to Sinn Fein or FG\Labour...

We all know that the shower from FF didn't deserve any votes thats for sure

FG/Labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

FG/Labours "policy that dare not speak its name" is simply that emmigration will take care of the unemployment issue and inflation will take care of the debt issue. In the mean time, they will take care of the pensions and remuneration issue;ie. their own. This is simply a "do nothing and hope for the best" Government and to imagine anything else is deluded. Their chief action is inaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Bahahaha....No, not an ounce of faith in them.
    Thinking about the incompetent shower infuriates me:mad:

girlonfire wrote: »
    Bahahaha....No, not an ounce of faith in them.
    Thinking about the incompetent shower infuriates me:mad:

Unfortunately not enough people are angry, and those who are,their level of anger is tame and sedate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ok . . FF get into power and remain in power by saying and giving everybody what they wanted . .

Lab/FG get into power by being populist and telling everybody what they want to hear . .

Sinn Fein are differant . . How exactly ?

Drumpot wrote: »

Ok . . FF get into power and remain in power by saying and giving everybody what they wanted . .

Lab/FG get into power by being populist and telling everybody what they want to hear . .

Anyone care to write an essay???

I meant, how are they are differant in how they are trying to garner votes in the republic . .

This is a debate on politics, not on the history of Sinn Fein . . I am making the point that Sinn Fein are using the same tactics that every other party uses to pander to the crowd . .

The "essay" of their history is an entirely differant discussion and it has nothing to do with my point. . Im not defending Sinn fein , I am not a party person, so have no allegiance. (look through the history of my posts to see if I have any bias). . My simple point was that while "they are all the same" can be mocked as a lazy stereotype comment to pin on politicians/parties, in truth its an accurate reflection of the political landscape in Ireland . . They all try to jump on whatever populist bandwagon they can to further their own self vested interests and are all about self preservation over whats in the better interests of the country . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can I use expletives and make threats toward certain individuals or how about I write on how to stage a coup and in the aftermath lock up all political figures in rooms full of pig sh1te.

They aint FF/FG/Lab and are telling everyone they shouldnt have to pay anything, should keep everything they are getting and we'll shít money and it'll all be grand.

• Advertisement

They aint FF/FG/Lab and are telling everyone they shouldnt have to pay anything, should keep everything they are getting and we'll shít money and it'll all be grand.

So Labour/FG told people , pre election, that they should have to pay for the mistakes of the banks ? Must of missed that . .

In a sense arent they just saying its Sinn Feins way or Frankfurts way (whatever it meant when Labour said it!) ?

Or that not another red cent will be given to bankrupt banks ? (or whatever Varadkar said)

Seriously, Im not defending Sinn Fein, Im not sure why people are arguing things I didnt say . . Its pretty much all the same Bullsh*t, we are only arguing differant degrees of populist rhetoric . . The replies to my post prove that most people havent learned a thing from voting for soundbite politicians/parties . .

So Labour/FG told people , pre election, that they should have to pay for the mistakes of the banks ? Must of missed that . .

In a sense arent they just saying its Sinn Feins way or Frankfurts way (whatever it meant when Labour said it!) ?

Or that not another red cent will be given to bankrupt banks ? (or whatever Varadkar said)

Seriously, Im not defending Sinn Fein, Im not sure why people are arguing things I didnt say . . Its pretty much all the same Bullsh*t, we are only arguing differant degrees of populist rhetoric . . The replies to my post prove that most people havent learned a thing from voting for soundbite politicians/parties . .

Hey I agree with ya (I think). SF are saying what people want to hear, just like FF, FG and Labour did.

Difference with SF though is that their level of pandering goes further than the rest. I think to the point where their policies are not workable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

said it on boards months ago and I stand by it, Taoiseach Adams leading the 100th anniversary of the 1916 rising.

Hey I agree with ya (I think). SF are saying what people want to hear, just like FF, FG and Labour did.

Difference with SF though is that their level of pandering goes further than the rest. I think to the point where their policies are not workable.

I agree completely . . I was at a frontline show where I thought Pearce Doherty (superb public speaker even if I dont agree with much of the things he says) didnt even believe the stuff he was saying . . His body language actually said "wtf am I doing, Im better then this!", while spouting out some Bullsh*t about how the pension reserve fund would solve the eu crisis and bailout Ireland/Greece/spain/Italy and cure third world problems in one go or some BS like that . . .

My main point was that they all pander to the crowd and we , as an electorate have simply followed whoever promises the most, or least worst scenario, without considering the fallout (or fallacy) of the promises made . .

I hear it daily, the average person saying that Sinn fein represent what they think and it scares me . . People dont seem to think, well what if we keep getting loans to pay loans and dont properly or prudently address fundamental problems in the state . .

Can I use expletives and make threats toward certain individuals or how about I write on how to stage a coup and in the aftermath lock up all political figures in rooms full of pig sh1te.

U are free to do as u wish. Where's the rest of it?

I meant, how are they are differant in how they are trying to garner votes in the republic . .

This is a debate on politics, not on the history of Sinn Fein . . I am making the point that Sinn Fein are using the same tactics that every other party uses to pander to the crowd . .

The "essay" of their history is an entirely differant discussion and it has nothing to do with my point. . Im not defending Sinn fein , I am not a party person, so have no allegiance. (look through the history of my posts to see if I have any bias). . My simple point was that while "they are all the same" can be mocked as a lazy stereotype comment to pin on politicians/parties, in truth its an accurate reflection of the political landscape in Ireland . . They all try to jump on whatever populist bandwagon they can to further their own self vested interests and are all about self preservation over whats in the better interests of the country . .

Did I mention a history essay?

Would agree that all politicians are full of sh1t and that is because we allow them to be!!!

Total horsesh1t. It's not about not paying anything. That's the usual FG slant on them and u spew it a lot.

It's about not paying what we don't owe. There's a difference, but it suits u to muddy the water.

I agree completely . . I was at a frontline show where I thought Pearce Doherty (superb public speaker even if I dont agree with much of the things he says) didnt even believe the stuff he was saying . . His body language actually said "wtf am I doing, Im better then this!", while spouting out some Bullsh*t about how the pension reserve fund would solve the eu crisis and bailout Ireland/Greece/spain/Italy and cure third world problems in one go or some BS like that . . .

My main point was that they all pander to the crowd and we , as an electorate have simply followed whoever promises the most, or least worst scenario, without considering the fallout (or fallacy) of the promises made . .

I hear it daily, the average person saying that Sinn fein represent what they think and it scares me . . People dont seem to think, well what if we keep getting loans to pay loans and dont properly or prudently address fundamental problems in the state . .

Are FG etc not running this place on loans?
    And I see they have made major cuts to their own wages and expenses in order to lead by example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Spineless Kenny and his shower of cretins will put up a feeble fight just to give the impression they are doing something for the country but IMO they are more interested in looking out for themselves and getting jobs and perks for their cronies than doing anything worthwhile. I predict that unless they make some radical changes that produce visible results that they will last only one term in government (as they did before)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

It doesn't matter what our spineless/gutless shower of wanker politicians do or say in europe.
    The future of the euro and the resolution of our debt situation won't be decided in Dublin.
    We will have no input into how it pans out and who knows what way that'll be.

I know one thing though, merkel is doing what hitler never could do and that's taking full control of europe.

That's her objective and I think we are going to have to stop her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement