Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you name the Premier League XIs: 2011/12?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Paully D wrote: »
    http://www.sporcle.com/games/Freddie/premier-league-xis-201112

185 out of 220 for me. Missed some really obvious ones. Decent way to pass 20 minutes though!

Hmm need a coffee to wake me up, had some serious mind blanks. 124/220

Couldn't for the life of me remember Tiote's name which bogged me down for a while. And whenever I was looking for new spaces to fill I kept picturing Grant Hanley's ugly head but new I would never remember his name.

Some of the spelling caught me out as well. Szczesny, Hoilett, even Riise (I spelt it Risse) and Whelan (for some reason I went for Whealan) I didn't get for this reason.

Liverpool was the only team I completed and WBA was my worst team - only got 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I did that yesterday - got to 217 with 2 1/2 mins to go, and couldn't for the life of me get the last 3, who turned out to be Saha, Lowe and Taarabt. Spelling threw me for some time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Spelling was a killer for me too, got to around 140 and gave up.

Might try it this afternoon and pass it on to a few buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

G.K. wrote: »

Now thats just evil :eek:

I'm kind of free after lunch, I'll try give it a blast for the 20 minutes and see how I get on.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

A mere 127. There was a time, before I discovered the wonders of booze and women, when I would have got about 95% of a game like that.

My, and most my friends, knowledge of random football ****e hit its peak at about 14/15 I'm afraid.

Also some of the spelling is impossible. I had to look up wikipedia to get the proper spelling of Chesney, the Arsenal goalie. What a ridiculous name to try and spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Got 152.

This was obviously put up earlier in the season as there is no Cisse for Newcastle, Jelavic for Everton, and so on.

It is a very addictive website, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Got 152.

This was obviously put up earlier in the season as there is no Cisse for Newcastle, Jelavic for Everton, and so on.

It is a very addictive website, though.

It says on it that the players included are those who have made the most appearances for that club over the course of a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

A certain goalkeeper took me ages to spell. Did it half asleep at half 8 this mornin before work and got bout 180 was happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Ares wrote: »
    A mere 127. There was a time, before I discovered the wonders of booze and women, when I would have got about 95% of a game like that.

My, and most my friends, knowledge of random football ****e hit its peak at about 14/15 I'm afraid.

Also some of the spelling is impossible. I had to look up wikipedia to get the proper spelling of Chesney, the Arsenal goalie. What a ridiculous name to try and spell.

Haha love it! Back in like 06 and before I would have gotten them all as good as. As you say the booze then takes over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

One thing it does make me aware of is that I can't spell at all.

Advertisement