Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress to Facebook/Twitter

Options
  • 24-05-2012 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi all,

Back for some trusty advice please!

I am looking for an automated way of transferring my wordpress posts to facebook/twitter once they go public on the site. Now, obviously you are all going to scream, search for a plugin there is 100's, and your right, however, I am looking to customise it that when it displays on facebook, it says via [my website name] at the bottom of the post on our facebook page?

I've looked in facebook & twitter's developer area but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Hi Paul

Haven't used much FB stuff since they switched APIs, so everything I know about it is miles out of date :) But…

Aren't they meant to have good PHP support? Could you look at their site about the details on how to authenticate & cross-post. Once you can:

1) write some SQL to query posts published since some date
    2) Take the content of thoses posts, tag on your sign-off line & cross-post to FB
    3) Set up a cron-job to run the script every hour/day/5m.

Should be able to manage without a plugin specifically (if I understood your requirements right)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You probably want to edit the XML RSS feed - I'm pretty sure there's a hook you can call in functions.php. I'd estimate it's a 30-60 minute job for someone who knows what they're doing.

Advertisement