Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunshine and lollipops Thread

Options
  • 24-05-2012 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

Right we need a happy news thread in here . Only people with good news need post . Any people posting bad or indifferent news I shall set Sully on ye.
    Right first good news .
    Hurrah Hurrah we have summer SUN in Waterford City Enjoy!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kennygg76

I was in a crappy dead end job with no prospects, so 2 years ago I quit and went back to college (a risky decision being 36 with 2 kids).
    So finished college and last week I started a new job doing something I love. I won't ever be a millionaire but I'm happy WOOOHOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I had to do a quick bit of business in town the other day and unfortunately I only had enough time to park, go to the bank and get back on my merry way.

However there were two brilliant buskers doing what sounded like Beatles numbers, outside Costa Coffee. The sun was shining, and there were lots of pretty young people sitting down on the steps just across from there, sunning themselves and enjoying the music. The pigeons were having a great old time too. Regretfully I didn't have any change on me, because those guys deserve to make a few bob out of what they're doing.

Forget your Galway or Grafton Street - for a brief moment it felt more like Rome! It was nice to be reminded that Waterford can be that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Just did a few Laps of the people's park nothing like it under a blue sky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tis damn sunny.....
    TO THE PLACE FOR ENJOYING SUN!!!
    /submits holiday request in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Just putting it out there... should this thread be a success can it be stickied? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

How Do said 'Do How!'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Just putting it out there... should this thread be a success can it be stickied? :)

I'm all for that idea. :)

My good news: I got accepted into college. \o/ Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I discovered the best in free activity in Waterford city if you have two babies in a double buggy.

A walk from the Tower to the bridge and back, along by the new river wall / window.

The toddler loved looking in at the boats and the other one went off to sleep because the path is lined and the noise was like a lullaby!
    Beats Jack Meades!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I came home from work yesterday to find 2 little pheasant chicks had hatched out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Brown Bread ice cream (a first for me), lovely, from that sweet shop in Arundel Lane and relaxin in red square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

My son was born today! At 9lbs he's about the same size as my wife. 27 and a half hour labour she went through.......... so I'm happy enough .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

ziedth wrote: »
    My son was born today! At 9lbs he's about the same size as my wife. 27 and a half hour labour she went through.......... so I'm happy enough .:)
    Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Was about to post that Ziedth and his wife had their baby. Congrats buddy and will see yourself and Mrs Ziedth soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

2 pheasants and a baby, could waterford get any better.... DONT ANSWER THAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Congrats. That's great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Congrats Ziedth! Enjoy every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Well done a baby boards that's the spirit .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My son was born today! At 9lbs he's about the same size as my wife. 27 and a half hour labour she went through.......... so she's happy enough now!.:)

FYP ;)

Is anyone else finding it a bit warm? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Congrats ziedth!

My boyfriend got another contract in the job so were ok for another few months :):)

It's sunny and I finished work at half 4 today until Monday :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Had a lovely BBQ there. hopefully, the first of many this summer. A real proper BBQ too, not a leaf of lettuce or any or sort of vegetable in sight. Just a lovely smorgasbord to lift the spirits and clog everything in the human body that can be clogged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Fun in the park today...just Ellie and daddy :-)

d12ab3b8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I got my cast off yesterday :D

congrats to mr and mrs ziedth and the ziedth clan.

my bf got some absolutely brilliant news yesterday after 7 months his father's will is pretty much done and dusted so he's finally going to be able to move on and grieve properly for his father - I know to some people that might not be "happy" news but for him it'll make him happy to be able to grieve properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Climbed comeraghs for the 1st time in ages.
    Im convinced theyre getting steeper -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Its almost friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Did you name it Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Congratulations to you both ziedth! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Did you name it Boards?

I was really pushing for the name Ziedth but she was having none of it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It's Friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I had a beautiful plant in my garden but my puppy dog eat it to death....

Then yesterday I noticed a likkle shoot with 2 leaves on it poked up through the ground! I was delighted.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Excellent idea for a thread OP, well done

Advertisement