Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunshine and lollipops Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Lounger , sunshine , I pad , Test Match Special, Result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Good news, finally got a bouncy castle for my son's birthday on Sunday! They were all booked up because of Communions but tracked one down! Left it to last minute as usual :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

i had a run today and Kicked a football for the first time in 20 months..... happy out...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

^^ never heard of that, really handy and better than weather.com

now we need one to tell us if it is hazey in dunmore, before we leave the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

congrats mr and mrs ziedth.
    happy out as my sales at work are increased by the weather being so good which keeps the boss off my back for another while

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

We are not living in :
    Greece, Syria, Palestine,Chad, The Congo,Uganda,North East Japan,
    Tuscany area of Italy,Limerick,North Korea, Chernobyl,Bangladesh, Uzbekistan,Afghanistan,anywhere ending in stan, or ia for that matter.Siberia,half of south America,Indonesia.

We have:
    Blaas, Dunmore,Stradbally,Woodstown,Water,Killfarassy,Annestown,
    plenty rrrrrrr's,Mahon falls,Lismore,Mountains,Beaches,Jordans, Geoffs,
    Very clean City,a functioning Democracy (stretching it here a bit),
    Tawdy,No hope of an all Ireland,John F Kennedy park,Kilmore,KFC chicken at half three in the morning after a clatter of pints.Sunshine and lollipops,
    Johnnie Walker's Cod n chips,half full glass,education,Flowering Rapeseed in a field,Villiers town,optimism,and of course G.S.O.H

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I went up to Dublin on Tuesday for the first interview I had got since starting my job hunting a few weeks a go. I took a call today (I haven't slept yet so it's still today in my mind) while basking in the sunshine of the park to say that I got the job! Just before dinner I got an email from IADT offering me a place in a Masters course (part-time Masters in Cyberpsychology) that I had applied for. Then, I went out to Dooley's for a Fish and Chip and was delighted to see they were doing them for half-price!

It's been a tough month for my family with us having to bury my grandfather just over a week a go but this great news is just what I needed.

Of course I'll be sad to leave Waterford but it's something I knew I'd always have to do having looked at the job market for the past 4 years and not seeing any jobs with my interests and skills being created in the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

AdMMM wrote: »
    I went up to Dublin on Tuesday for the first interview I had got since starting my job hunting a few weeks a go. I took a call today (I haven't slept yet so it's still today in my mind) while basking in the sunshine of the park to say that I got the job! Just before dinner I got an email from IADT offering me a place in a Masters course (part-time Masters in Cyberpsychology) that I had applied for. Then, I went out to Dooley's for a Fish and Chip and was delighted to see they were doing them for half-price!

It's been a tough month for my family with us having to bury my grandfather just over a week a go but this great news is just what I needed.

Of course I'll be sad to leave Waterford but it's something I knew I'd always have to do having looked at the job market for the past 4 years and not seeing any jobs with my interests and skills being created in the City.

Delighted to hear that Admmm,

You better not start posting in the Dublin forum....... :pac:

• Advertisement

The fiscal treaty debates are over!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

wellboytoo wrote: »

Unfortunately the outcome will be discussed at length for ages.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Back in the Deise for 10 days.. ya cant beat it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

just back from a 30 min walk around the block, didn't get rained on, result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

wellboytoo wrote: »

for now ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Just got the Waterford Today newspaper today

A pleasant read and its free too :)

A bit of luck with the GGs in tramore today and my horse came second in the first race :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Blues in 3rd going into the break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Digging this thread out :D

Went to Eddie Rockets today for a bite to eat and there's a new girl working there. One of the other waitresses brought her over to our table and introduced her and then she took our order. Just thought it was a nice touch as she seemed a little nervous (probably just new job nerves).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Went into Superquinn earlier & there were people cooking steak and then handing out slices of the steak. Free steak!!
    How could this get any better I was thinking to myself. Free booze maybe?
    They were handing out samples of wine too.
    Movie star treatment. On a Thursday! Sunshine and lollipops all over the place.

Hats off to Pat (O?) Conner, found 450 euro and handed it in to relief of the rather desperate person who lost it when shopping.

The sun is shining today!

Yes time to get excited again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I got accepted into college today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I also got accepted into a course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Almost done my Leaving Cert and really happy with how it went :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I also got accepted into a course!

Whatever way I looked at that I genuinely thought you said "I got intercourse" :pac:

I thought it was a little TMI but definitely worthy of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Lads, I never saw this thread before and I'm delighted to see it and I sh*it you not with the following. I had a few things on my mind lately but today after I parked the car up and as I walked back to my flat, 2 complete strangers said hello to me. Ye know what we say to friends when we see each other "hows it going", "y'all right"."wats the craic", that was the jist of it.

But today and I swear to God, for 2 strangers just randomely to said hello as I made my 1 minute journey from the car to the flat was like "jessus"! I live in the middle of the city and getting to know your neighbours is not an option. It cheered me up no end! :)

• Advertisement

I just liked that it felt like summer today.

Advertisement