Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC via USIT

Options
  • 24-05-2012 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hey folks, I applied for a IEC visa through USIT and got an email stating I had a place reserved on the programme, I notice the visas have now all gone according to USIT's website and I thought I was ok as I had a place "reserved" I'm sending off my documents to London tomorrow

however the email I received also says...

NB *** As you are applying directly to the IEC, we advise
    > you to submit your documentation to them as early as
    > possible as places may sell out and you are not guaranteed a
    > place until your completed application has been received and
    > approved by the IEC in London ***

Do I have a place or am I screwed? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

You got an email from who? The IEC or from USIT?

Acording to the IEC site there are 28 places left

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bluejay01

I got an email from USIT after I applied via their website

so USIT don't have places reserved with CIC for the visas then?

I won't be happy if I've paid them money and there are no visas left!!

I found this on the IEC website, so I'm more confused now...:confused:

Why does USIT still have reserved places under the IEC initiative?
    In order to facilitate an easy transition and to diminish the potential effects of the numerous administrative changes being made, a certain number of participant places have been allotted to USIT. These places will progressively diminish until 2013, when no more places will be reserved for a third party organization.

just called USIT to clarify, so they DON'T have places reserved which makes going through them pointless, they agreed to give me a refund at least.

I see there are only 28 places left which I guess will go today, I'll courier my application over to the today in the hope it might sneak in

does anyone know if they'll release more visas if they aren't all taken up - i.e people don't send over payment etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Basically, once they open your application and scan it in your place is held. if, for any reason, your application gets rejected your place goes back in to the pool. However their wont be that many.

Just send off your application today and hope for the best.

• Advertisement

thanks Dave

yeah application has just left by courier so fingers crossed! even if I miss one of the 28 remaining places hopefully I might be near the top of any wait list incase of any rejected applications or people who don't take up their spot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

bluejay01 wrote: »
    just called USIT to clarify, so they DON'T have places reserved which makes going through them pointless, they agreed to give me a refund at least.

I see there are only 28 places left which I guess will go today, I'll courier my application over to the today in the hope it might sneak in

does anyone know if they'll release more visas if they aren't all taken up - i.e people don't send over payment etc.?

How did you get them snakes to refund your money?

Advertisement