Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a Shed advice

• 24-05-2012 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all, I have an existing wooden shed at the side of the house which is surrounded by a small concrete yard. Im looking to get rid of the wooden shed, and replace it with a concret one, by using the two existing garden walls and building 2 new walls to enclose the area. See the attached photo.

The photo shows the lines of where I want the new walls to go, and shows the existing garden walls, which finish at different heights.

So im looking for advice, particularly on what way to finsih the walls to best suit a pitched roof/lean-to roof. Which roof would best suit the situation? I am happy enough to the blockwork myself, and am leaning towards cavity blocks. Should I use 4inch blocks instead. Any need for a cavity?

The concrete yard is approximatley 75mm deep, on 75mm of hardcore so its fairly solid.

Appreciate any tips!

Advertisement