Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do we fix this country?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Get a detailed report done on how the Icelandic's got themselves out of their quagmire, get it summarized into easy to understand and implement bullet points for the purpose of our government ministers and then follow that.

Pull the plaster off quickly, get it over with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

because I feel that it is an issue that should not be taken so lightly

HEY EVERYBODY! DONEGAL_ROAD IS GONNA CHANGE THE WORLD!!!

*snigger*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Seachmall wrote: »
    HEY EVERYBODY! DONEGAL_ROAD IS GONNA CHANGE THE WORLD!!!

*snigger*

if you think that solving this countries problems is on a par to changing the world, maybe you should travel abroad a bit more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

if you think that solving this countries problems is on a par to changing the world, maybe you should travel abroad a bit more :)

if you think that after hours is the the place for serious discussion, maybe you should browse a bit longer :)

/how you like that pwnsauce?! HUH?! YOU WANT THIS?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

shanered wrote: »
    We could start government funding prospecting around the country and find all the gold, gas and oil that may be around and sell it to pay off a chunk of our debt while getting a few jobs, set up dole work teams to do many of the jobs that civil servants do and lower wages.
    All that and breed millions of ducks so that our politicians are distracted enough not to feck everything up!

we should breed swans to export to poland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I think we can learn from the Chimps in Dublin Zoo.

Ya chimps have more sense!

How to answer that question I do not know, a miracle needs to happen to fix this country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

sorry in advance for being all serious n'stuff. The first two things I would do if I were in power would be..

1. Default on all of Anglo Irish Bank's debt

2. discontinue NAMA

GET HIM...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

yeah but cannibalism is free... milk and big macs cost money
    Not if you own a cow, milk comes out of they're many penises and I guess they poo burgers.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    Not if you own a cow, milk comes out of they're many penises and I guess they poo burgers.

cannibalism has one other benefit over milk and big macs.... it reduces the numbers on the dole queues ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

doovdela wrote: »
    Ya chimps have more sense!

How to answer that question I do not know, a miracle needs to happen to fix this country!
    Damn right chimps have more sense! Our day will come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

cannibalism has one other benefit over milk and big macs.... it reduces the numbers on the dole queues ;)

But what about catching diseases from the meat such as mad cows disease or in this case mad dole queuer disease....??

But what about catching diseases from the meat such as mad cows disease or in this case mad dole queuer disease....??

ya have the herd tested.... the sick ones get fed to the dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Move everyone on the dole over to Germany!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

More male school teachers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

legalising cannibas and prostitution would generate about 1 billion a year from Irish people alone. Then we'd save money from not having to enforce these laws. Then there'd be increased tourists.

I could see that generating €2b a year right there. 1/10th of the defecit cut right there and not a single cut back or tax increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

From what I understand, former taoiseachs remain on the same salary as when they were taoiseach. Is this true? If so, then I think a solution to the present situation should be readily apparent...

Having TDs from professions other than farmer/school teacher might help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

a raffle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

We need a dictator.

Free contraception - wayeh I'd even say mandatory sterilisation after one.

• Advertisement

Stop sending everyone to college. Only the smarter people should be allowed go on to 3rd level.

Advertisement