Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old golf courses

Options
  • 24-05-2012 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any old golf courses or even pitch and putt courses around the city or county? Ones that are not in use anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Waterford Crystal leisure centre used to have a Pitch & Putt course. Not sure if its all been grassed over

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Waterford Crystal leisure centre used to have a Pitch & Putt course. Not sure if its all been grassed over

Ah yeah. I remember that now u said it.

The one that was in the RSC. Has that been done away with so they could do the nature thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

The RSC P & P is still there, the nature retreat is located to the west of Kingfisher.

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    The RSC P & P is still there, the nature retreat is located to the west of Kingfisher.

I take it they still use it then

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

€ 4 a go, I don't know of any old ones, You have me curios now, what are ya up too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

The Halfway House used to have a P&P Course too, long time since I saw that open :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

cococoady wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any old golf courses or even pitch and putt courses around the city or county? Ones that are not in use anymore?
    Halfway House, Waterford Crystal and maybe St. Otterans?

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    You have me curios now, what are ya up too?

Ah sure, as they say, I'm up to no good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DeiseforLiam

Pitch and Putts near the amusements in Tramore. There were three courses IIRC: at least one 18 hole and one 9 (I think the third was a nine). I think the land for the 18 is all that's left undeveloped - the nine is now a car park and the other has holiday homes on most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Jenny1 wrote: »
    Pitch and Puts near the amusements in Tramore. There were three courses IIRC: at least one 18 hole and one 9 (I think the third was a nine). I think the land for the 18 is all that's left undeveloped - the nine is now a car park and the other has holiday homes on most of it.

Yeah there were 2*18 and 1*9 also had a great putting green.

Ferrybank P+P just outside city closed as well i think.

• Advertisement

Jenny1 wrote: »
    Pitch and Puts near the amusements in Tramore. There were three courses IIRC: at least one 18 hole and one 9 (I think the third was a nine). I think the land for the 18 is all that's left undeveloped - the nine is now a car park and the other has holiday homes on most of it.

Yeah there were 2*18 and 1*9 also had a great putting green.

Ferrybank P+P just outside city closed as well i think.

Where was the one in ferrybank?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

cococoady wrote: »
    Where was the one in ferrybank?
    It was on the Rockshire Hill, on the left as you headed up it, i think.

Advertisement