Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice - Personal Injury

• 24-05-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I was involved in a car accident just over 2 years ago. It wasn't my fault so decided to take legal action. I suffered minor but on going injuries.

Anyways cut a long story short, 2 years on and I received a call from my solicitor to meet in the Law library to discuss a settlement. Delighted with this as I just wanted to get it sorted and move on from it.
    The party from the insurance company never showed.

Naturally my solicitor was extremely annoyed over this. He told me that he would arrange another date for a settlement.
    Didn't hear anything back from my solicitor for 2 weeks, so I called him the other day for him to tell me that he is waiting to hear back from the insurance company and if he doesn't hear anything back it is likely to go to court.

Tbh I just want to reach a settlement and move on from it I don't practically want to go to court.

Few questions :

- as anyone been in a similar situation before and what was the outcome ?

- is there any reason why the insurance company aren't responding to my solicitor and are being unhelpful in getting the issue resolved ?

- Will this result it more compensation for myself or will it encounter more costs on me , legal fees etc ?

- Roughly how long do you reckon I will be waiting to hear back from the insurance company and how long "if" I have to attend court will I be waiting for a date?

I'm aware that these are question I should be asking my solicitor but tbh he's not and hasn't been very helpful , doesn't seem to interested, and it very blunt when answering my questions. To late in the process now to change solicitor.

many thanks in advance for all help and advice

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Knowall10 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Few questions :

- as anyone been in a similar situation before and what was the outcome ?

- is there any reason why the insurance company aren't responding to my solicitor and are being unhelpful in getting the issue resolved ?

- Will this result it more compensation for myself or will it encounter more costs on me , legal fees etc ?

- Roughly how long do you reckon I will be waiting to hear back from the insurance company and how long "if" I have to attend court will I be waiting for a date?

I'm aware that these are question I should be asking my solicitor but tbh he's not and hasn't been very helpful , doesn't seem to interested, and it very blunt when answering my questions. To late in the process now to change solicitor.

many thanks in advance for all help and advice

Many people are in similar situations. Insurance companies act the maggot all the time before settling. Most cases settle when it is known which judge will hear the case. The insurance company might never come back and you could be waiting weeks or months for a hearing date. Even then it may not go ahead on the date. You should get on with your life. It might be two more years before you get a cheque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Very similar facts were posted some months ago?

If the insurance co won't meet to settle there is no point running after them

Ask your solicitor to take alll necessry steps to get the action set down for hearing.

Advertisement