Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get nice cellular blankets?

Options
  • 24-05-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi
    Going through my massive list of all the stuff I have to buy before babes arrives in September and was wondering where you all got your cellular blankets? also how many did you get and what colours? we are not finding out the sex so will have to get some neutral to start off with. Are there different qualities or softness in the blankets?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Hi trishka, I got some beautiful ones in TK maxx really good quality and at such a reduced rate from the original price they are fantastic!
    Aso they do beautiful baby clothes, best to go in there when its quiet as its really stressful when its busy!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

thanks pushki, do you mind me ask how much they were, also how many did you get and what colours? Love TK Maxx but agree you have to be either in the right frame of mind for it or go when its quiet, got a lovely growbag sleeping bag thing in it a few weeks ago.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Not sure where you are Trishka but they do them in Guiney's prices reasonable but can't actually tell you exactly as my sister loaned me hers, but I remember thinking the prices were good when I saw them. Think my sister got hers in Guineys too.

I got mine in pink and cream about 10-15 euro, i haven't been to guineys yet but i haven't think i already have too much!
    The gro bags in tkmaxx are fab! Paid about 20 euro reduced from 50 which i thought wasn't bad but then i saw them in lidl for 5 euro!! 100% cotton and really good quality! I have no experience of using them a lot of mums swear by them!

Is guineys good for fitted/ flat Moses /cribs sheets SSFG? I heard of someone looking for mint coloured blankets , id love this colour too!!
    Any idea where to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I bought 5 white cellular blankets in guineys in 2010 for 3.99 each and they are still very soft and pure white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Wow wmpdd3 €3.99 sounds like really good value, and sounds like they washed well and still managed to stay soft. Was looking at the ones in Aldi last week but thought they were a little bit hard and not quite as soft as I would like(but then again maybe cellular blankets aren't really soft?) But Guineys seems to be getting some great reports between here and the rollercoaster board as well, might need to plan a trip, as still have all the sheets etc to buy but then again dont have the moses basket/ crib or cot organsied yet, ohh starting to panic a little

Ah you'll be fine triska i had nothing at all and i ended up getting everything and more in two days!!! Now i really want to guineys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Yeah they also do the cot sheets etc Pushki. And they have moses basket mattresses too for about €12.99 in anyone gets a loan of a moses basket and needs a fresh mattress.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got 3 for 10 euro in Guineys in 2008/9 and they are still being used.
    They have loads of colours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I googled Guineys to see what time their stores were open until and discovered that they sell online now too. So even if you aren't living near one you can buy online. http://michaelguineys.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Awesome , I hate the really old lift in there.

Brilliant SSFG ! Ya ill be needing the mattresses too, looking forward to a shopping spree in guineas soon :-)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got a gift of a merino wool blanket from a NZ friend. She swears by them and uses them for all her babies.

They self-regulate temperature and moisture and are sooo soft. Merino wool is also reputed to be anti-flammable and anti-allergenic. It's the best baby gift I got to be honest. Its been covering baby since he was born, and compared to it, the cotton cellular ones feel rough, even with softener being used.

I've noticed during our recent warm spell that even though the temperature in the house soared to 26 degrees with the windows open, the blanket kept baby at a perfect temperature - I checked with a thermometer, paranoid first time mammy that I am! :)

They are pricey though. I dont know if I would have bought one without seeing the difference for myself beforehand, but now I'm considering getting a spare. I havent actually used any of the cotton cellular blankets I've been lent yet.

Advertisement