Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Regale me with tales of Gluttony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Dudess wrote: »
    Shared a house with a girl who ate a whole chicken in one sitting. And another time she ate a full pack of sausages in one sitting.

I'm surprised a programme like Man Versus Food is allowed.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

3 supersize big mac meals with the supersize drink x3 in one sitting when i was about 16 or 17.felt like **** afterwards :pac: only had the dinner about an hour before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i once ate 3 whole cornflakes.... man i was stuffed after that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I used to regularly eat whole tubs of Ben and Jerry's ice cream in one sitting. Sweet, sugary nectar of the gods..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

McChubbin wrote: »
    I used to regularly eat whole tubs of Ben and Jerry's ice cream in one sitting. Sweet, sugary nectar of the gods..

Ah, that explains the username:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i had a ben n jerry icecream cone today... it was yummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Have done that three times this week already. (Yes, I should be ashamed.) It's a staple of my diet.

From time to time I also like to have two tubs in a row/simultaneously.

Food of the gods, indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

When I was back home at easter got the worst dose of munchies ever one afternoon.. went to Tesco and bought pack of sausages, rashers, eggs, a goodfellas pizza, 2 cornettos, pack of 10 teacakes, milka bar, chipsticks and a pack of penguin bars..

Cooked the entire pack of sausages, 2 rashers and 2 eggs.. thought that would do me for a while. My mate was having the pizza, but I ended up eating half of it. I was out of control at this stage so lashed into the 2 cornettos one after the other. A while later I ate the entire pack of teacakes. Had a few penguin bars when I was getting ready, and a few pieces of milka.. left the chipsticks alone.

Went out a few hours later on the beer and got chips and a veggie burger on the way home. And I also had 2 penguin bars to help me sleep.

That would have been about 3 days worth of food for me normally..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

A full dominos pizza, garlic bread, desert and a can of coke. real boring compared to some of the ones here, but i felt like crap after it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Yore Ma's hairy kebab...twice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

This thread should feature pictures as well so we can see how fat everyone is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

An entire box of Chocolate Kimberly.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rango555

I just had a large portion of Lasagne, Large portion of Spag Bol, Chips, small portion of Italian salad, and half a 12" pepperoni and mushroom pizza all from the local Italian place.... kinda peckish now so not sure if the other half of the pizza will make it until snack time later...

(I don't normally eat this much but I ordered the food and was then let down by those who were to eat it with me... no waste here )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Jesus if I ate even a large fraction of what some of you can put away, I'd be a mountain. And I'm not a skinny-lizzy!
    So far today I've had a coffee for breakfast, some small portions of chicken and small potatoes for lunch, a purple Snack and a cup of tea, and a carton of apple juice... and I'm not even that hungry now. :eek:
    Ruralyoke wrote: »
    A chicken, fair enough, but a pack of sausages isn't that bad at all really - is it? Maybe I'm just greedy.
    There were 12 sausages in the packet!
    Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Why?
    Putting a relationship with food that causes heart attacks and morbid obesity in a positive light I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Yesterday:

Two oatabix.

A brownie.

Two Sandwiches and soup.
    Two Apples.
    One orange.

Two double cheese burgers.
    Two twisty fries.
    A large coke.

Four hours later:
    Half a large apachi pizza.
    3/4 a thing of onion rings

6 bottles of beer.

I've the weirdest eating habits, my weight has plummeted to the 8 stone mark in the past few months and I'm trying to gain some weight........

The bloat from it all has me looking like ET and all the bad fats are making me need the toilet more than having the runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

I've ate a large dominos a couple of times.. usually hit a wall with about 2 or 3 slices to go but tend to eat them eventually! Washed down with a pint or two of some fizzy drink. If you eat that much pizza close to bed time though you wake up feeling terrible... really thirsty and bloated...

also, i've often eaten my way through a multi-pack bag of twirls, a six pack of crisps and a big bottle of fizzy drink studying for exams and stuff... you don't notice yourself going through that rubbish so quickly when you're concentrating on studying!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

A large undressed salad with nice ripe avocado
    Two bowels of miso soup
    a glass of Aqua libra
    My poo is very healthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

A large undressed salad with nice ripe avocado
    Two bowels of miso soup
    a glass of Aqua libra
    My poo is very healthy
    And full of miso apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭bop1977

My proudest moment was a few years back, I was in America on the way back from the us grand prix with a coach load of others and we pulled in to this place to have dinner. Usuall 3 course meals but with American portion sizes, most people get to about a quarter of the way through desert and give up. Me, I managed to get it all in to be met with a standing ovation from everyone in the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I once ate a full Black Forest Gateaux on my own. I was sick as a small hospital afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Once during college I went out on the tear and decided to go to the local chinese.
    After I had got home and eaten the entire meal, I then decided that I had actually wanted a different item on the menu, so I did the only rational(drunken) thing....

Fingers down the throat, and then back to the chinese to get the meal i really wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

Once ate an entire mixed crate of fruit ove the course of a few hours (the same size as you see in the supermarkets but extra full) - never felt so sick after wards, I think it was the second melon which pushed me over or the 10 oranges maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

Ruralyoke wrote: »
    Off me tits at a party once, ate an entire big jar (1kg maybe?) of mayo using 2 lettuces as "dippers".

Felt pretty bad the next morning.

:eek:

The thought of eating a teaspoon of mayo makes me shudder. At least you had the lettuce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

summerskin wrote: »
    72oz steak with chips, 4 fried eggs, onion rings and pepper sauce, along with 4 bottles of San Miguel.

it was a "challenge" at a bar in Tenerife about 20 years ago, if you ate it in half an hour you got it for free.

They never banked on our Rugby League team being on holiday together. 14 of us tried it, 12 won. Must have cost them a packet that day.

In half an hour? Not possible. An hour maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Putting a relationship with food that causes heart attacks and morbid obesity in a positive light I guess...

Have you ever tried to get a sub-forum set up for political correctness?

You'd be an awesome Mod there.

Re: Tales of blahblurblelublemooooarrrrrfooooood.

I once filled a basin (a washing-up, dish basin) with cornflakes and ate it.

I used to eat the full kilo of those Carrol's Lasagne when I was 18, every day.

In one job, there was an Italian family in the canteen that used to make the most amazing lasagne (I liked lasagne, you see).
    Two of those a day, in my 12-hour working day.

Thankfully my tastes have broadened in variety and lessened in quantity, or else my metabolism may have slowed down enough for the fat to catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I had a burger on holiday once.

Myself and two buddies were starved after a day walking around, so sat down in a restaurant in the city centre for a bite. It seemed a bit pricey but we ordered a burger each. I should probably explain that this was in Uruguay. In Uruguay and in south america in general when you ordered a burger in a restaurant it wasn't like some pos you get in maccy d's here - it was generally a steak with trimmings in a bun with fries on the side. Our Spanish wasn't the best so we had no idea what the waiter was saying to us - he was trying to expain something about the dish, but we could only nod and say : "Si, si", so eventually he shrugged his shoulders and went away, to return 20 minutes later with three family sized burger dishes. Again, 'burger' is a bad description for what was a huge steak, topped by a thick slick of bacon, 3 fried eggs, tamatoes, onions, etc. It also came with loads of fries on the side and a load of onion rings too.

He was laughing his ass off when he came back and we had all finished it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Dub Ste

I once drank a glass of beer,that I had poured into an old girlfriends "special place"....yum yum !!!:D

And also ate a Lion bar...............

grindle wrote: »
    Have you ever tried to get a sub-forum set up for political correctness?

You'd be an awesome Mod there.
    I didn't say I objected to it, just that I was surprised such a programme was allowed. If I had objected to it though, health and safety concerns have nothing to do with political correctness - I don't understand why they get mixed up so much.
    Dub Ste wrote: »
    I once drank a glass of beer,that I had poured into an old girlfriends "special place"....yum yum !!!:D
    If that's true, she would have gotten woeful thrush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

I have eaten two half pounder meals (half pound burger + chips) and a battered sausage in one sitting (Embassy Grill in Ballsbridge).

I have also eaten six foot long Subway rolls in one sitting (the challenge was to eat more that my height - I am 5ft 10).

Both were challenges/dares/bets from friends.

It's quite frightening how much I can eat in one sitting. If I am at a party or event with a buffet, I have to stand at the other end of the room or I wont stop eating until it is all gone. I don't do it through hunger or gluttony, it just kind of happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

I had the Great White burger in the Aussie BBQ, South Richmond St, Dublin for lunch on Monday.

1lb of beef nom nom.

Two lads I was with barely managed the half pounders they got. They were just looking at me astounded as I had a malteaser ice cream and an almond magnum on the way back to the office right after.

Gymming a lot lately and my appetite is through the roof.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

how much was in the glass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Three Shredded Wheat!:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ive eaten 2 twelve inch breakfast pizzas and garlic bread with cheese in one sitting. i did it because mizzoni were doing a bogof deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The munchies. Eat ALL the food.

12 weetabix in a baking bowl with a pint of milk

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Dub Ste

eth0 wrote: »
    how much was in the glass?

Ah,it was only a couple of mouthfuls!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

The heat challenges are probably more dangerous to him than the volume challenges to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Zucker

I think in the Man vs Food show the food won.

http://i.imgur.com/3v0yu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

Don't like warm beer :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I didn't say I objected to it, just that I was surprised such a programme was allowed. If I had objected to it though, health and safety concerns have nothing to do with political correctness - I don't understand why they get mixed up so much.

And eh... Snark. Expand the scope of whatever you think politically correct means.
    "Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term which denotes language, ideas, policies, and behavior seen as seeking to minimize social and institutional offense in occupational, gender, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, certain other religions, beliefs or ideologies, disability, and age-related contexts, and, as purported by the term, doing so to an excessive extent."
    There's no black and white in political correctness (eh, eh?).
    Removing an idea, or the expression of an idea, in order to attempt to curtail other people's personal choices (that don't harm others), is political correctness "GONE MAD" (tm Daily Mail).
    Health & safety and political correctness cross over into each-other's territory sometimes.

A man wants to eat gargantuan amounts of food as a challenge, gets paid to do so.
    Do-gooder thinks show should not be allowed because it might influence stupid people.
    Falls within the walls of political correctness to me.

Congratulations, you are the first person ever to use the terms "political correctness" and "do-gooder" in a manner actually involving thought! :pac:

Nah, concerns re public health issues, especially considering America's obesity problem, and by extension objecting to a TV programme that celebrates the lifestyle which causes it (if a person were to object - personally I don't care that the programme is shown) isn't political correctness IMO. Not having a go, just disagreeing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    FearDark wrote: »
    2.5 kg of mince + 500g of pasta in one serving. Meat sweats.

Eugh Jesus why? All that red meat in one sitting?! Hellooooooo bowel/colon cancer!

Red meat does not cause cancer. It's highly nutritious, you are worse off not eating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Just ate 5 waffles, 5 fish fingers and a southern fried chicken breast with curry sauce.

All washed down with two pints of milk;)

Still hungry:(
    eyeing a bagel with beans now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

In the States, McDonalds have a 20 piece McNugget box special on now for $4.99. I bought one for lunch with a cola and large fries thinking I would save the excess for later. Of course, before I knew it I'd eaten it all. Odd thing is I was still hungry. Unfortunately, I was also going ill pretty quickly. The oddest part of the whole meal was the fact the nuggets actually tasted eerily like chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

One day, back when I used to play rugby, I had eaten four sandwiches, a packet of digestive biscuits (those big, cheap Dunnes St.Bernard packets) and a litre of milk for lunch, then two montanely-heaped plates of macaroni and cheese for dinner. Went to training, and afterwards had a big wedge of steak and kidney pie.

I think today I had 2 bananas and a bowl of pasta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Reindeer wrote: »
    In the States, McDonalds have a 20 piece McNugget box special on now for $4.99. I bought one for lunch with a cola and large fries thinking I would save the excess for later. Of course, before I knew it I'd eaten it all. Odd thing is I was still hungry. Unfortunately, I was also going ill pretty quickly. The oddest part of the whole meal was the fact the nuggets actually tasted eerily like chicken.

They have a deal on 20 nuggets here as well, they call it a 'share box'* and it comes with 4 dips.

*share box my hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I had a really big sandwich once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I've developed a recent fondness for packs of 12 (i think) shortbread fingers. 32% butter- probably pushing my cholesterol up as i speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blackben

Congratulations, you are the first person ever to use the terms "political correctness" and "do-gooder" in a manner actually involving thought! :pac:

Nah, concerns re public health issues, especially considering America's obesity problem, and by extension objecting to a TV programme that celebrates the lifestyle which causes it (if a person were to object - personally I don't care that the programme is shown) isn't political correctness IMO. Not having a go, just disagreeing.

What??

What is wrong with you?

Seriously? - What?

I think you got an itch not even God can scratch.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Once made a breakfast roll out of a whole French stick cut down the side, 6 sausages, 6 rashers, half a black pudding, half a white pudding, 4 fried eggs and red sauce.

My dream! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement