Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Regale me with tales of Gluttony

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Dudess wrote: »

Nah, concerns re public health issues, especially considering America's obesity problem, and by extension objecting to a TV programme that celebrates the lifestyle which causes it (if a person were to object - personally I don't care that the programme is shown) isn't political correctness IMO. Not having a go, just disagreeing.

1- This is Ireland, not America.

2- Some people will over indulge on fatty food regardless of what they watch on tv.

3- Political correctness is just another apparatus of the nanny state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

15 inch pizza

it was 9.99 vov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dudess wrote: »
    I didn't say I objected to it, just that I was surprised such a programme was allowed. If I had objected to it though, health and safety concerns have nothing to do with political correctness - I don't understand why they get mixed up so much.

If that's true, she would have gotten woeful thrush.

Remember this is always worth posting at times like this.

It just never gets old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

anyoen remember the all you can eat oppisite the baggot inn ??

i was barred from their...

3 trays of noodles to warm up ( with curry sauce )

2 plates of cury chicken & riice/prawn things...

then the fun begins ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blackben

Pdfile wrote: »
    anyoen remember the all you can eat oppisite the baggot inn ??

i was barred from their...

..... spelling competition?

Prawn things are nice though:)

Do not intend to offend a Pdfile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I eat healthy most of the time but every so often I would go to the cinema and eat loads of crap.

I once ate a large popcorn, one of those family bags of tayto and 3 curly wurlys. :)

Tayla wrote: »
    I eat healthy most of the time but every so often I would go to the cinema and eat loads of crap.

I once ate a large popcorn, one of those family bags of tayto and 3 curly wurlys. :)

FFS Tayla??

WTF?

Jesus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

blackben wrote: »
    FFS Tayla??

WTF?

Jesus!

Yes I know......muhuhuhuhuh :D

Everyone else in the cinema stops eating after around 20 minutes, I just keep going :cool::cool:

I'm skinny though so it's allowed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What??

What is wrong with you?

Seriously? - What?

I think you got an itch not even God can scratch.:eek:
    It's not that difficult to understand. Really.
    IrishAm wrote: »
    1- This is Ireland, not America.

2- Some people will over indulge on fatty food regardless of what they watch on tv.

3- Political correctness is just another apparatus of the nanny state.
    You took my post out of context - but I guess you did get to talk about political correctness and nanny state.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Can't you just set a reminder for Man v Food? and all it's spin offs for I have no such tales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

One of the first times I remember my now brother-in-law coming over to our family house is when my sister cooked him a meal before they went out. The man ate 10 potato waffles, 5 chicken kievs and an ENTIRE TRIFLE. I remember it vividly as I wanted some bloody trifle but sure he ate the whole thing.

He got hugely fat for a while, then decided he wanted to join the Gardai. He failed the physical test the first time around, then basically sat in a sauna and starved himself for 2 weeks to lose weight. Passed the test the second time around after losing tons of weight (which he subsequently put right back on again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Prawn things are nice though:)

Do not intend to offend a Pdfile.

at 2:30 in the morin' i earn the right to splel h0wz I w@ntz. :cool:

Advertisement