Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Periodic table of elements duvet cover

• 24-05-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,

If I'm in the wrong forum, I appologize - but does anyone know where I can get a duvet cover with the periodic table of elements on it? My 12 year old is mad about science and I think it would make a great gift for her going into secondary school in September. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

I don't know where you could get the duvet, but just in case you're interested, I'd highly recommend a look around the Science Gallery shop in Trinity. It's got loads of cool stuff that I would have loved as a science-loving kid.

Here's a link with some of the stuff they have:
    http://sciencegallery.com/shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

My 12 year old is mad about science

sorry, couldn't resist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

contemporary Russian short form table, extended periodic table, Left Step Periodic Table, or ADOMAH Periodic Table? This is very important!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hello,

If I'm in the wrong forum, I appologize - but does anyone know where I can get a duvet cover with the periodic table of elements on it? My 12 year old is mad about science and I think it would make a great gift for her going into secondary school in September. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

She'll be in her element if you manage to find one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Domo230 wrote: »
    Worst forum to put this tbh

Afterhours is definitely where this should not be.
    Elementary noob mistake.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭The Master of Disaster

To hell with your daughter if you find one I want it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Wow - there's a whole world of novelty duvet covers I never knew existed

Even a periodic table one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Don't be so mean and get her something she may actually enjoy. Like a starter meth lab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Beryllium thread OP. Hopefully we can get some noble gas out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

We need less puns and more irony in this thread. I find chemistry boron.

By the way, you won't be able to buy one. I bought the last one yesterday for a few coppers and when they argon, they are really, really gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Hello,

Thanks.

There's maps of the world all over my sheets. Want them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

There was a shop in Ennis that sold them, but now I believe they Argon.

*beaten to the punchline, dammit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Online is best for these things but if you post in your regional forum maybe someone knows a local shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 freda on the hill

Thank you for the hints - loved some of the puns - sorry Domo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Thank you for the hints - loved some of the puns - sorry Domo

Some people think they're ferric funny, but I can't stannum.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

you might find one on http://www.thinkgeek.com/

I know they have a shower curtain version of the elements for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

You could find a local print shop (place that does promotional things/t-shirts etc) and see if they can help do a custom piece, finding a print quality file of a periodic table should be easy to find (found a version with an EPS file here or they will be able to source one from a image library for you?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Some of the elements have lovely, delicious sounding names. Tantalum. Mmmmm.

Irish Halo wrote: »
    You could find a local print shop (place that does promotional things/t-shirts etc) and see if they can help do a custom piece, finding a print quality file of a periodic table should be easy to find (found a version with an EPS file here or they will be able to source one from a image library for you?)

Love the idea of a custom piece - I could have linen for all occasions

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Some people think they're ferric funny, but I can't stannum.

It would be interesting to have some of these puns carbon dated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Make sure she doesn't invite any 12 year old boys around lest he add Jizzium to the table.

Mr.Boxer,
    I am outraged, (but that was funny)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Mr.Boxer,
    I am outraged, (but that was funny)

I'm outraged also, there's no such element as Jizium. He must be mixing it up with Semenium.

Advertisement