Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage approval but pregnant

Options
  • 24-05-2012 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi there, I have a bit of a strange one.

I got mortgage approval in principle today that will last 3 months. However, I am expecting a baby in 10 weeks time.

The bank does not know I am pregnant.

I will not get maternity pay from work so my annual income will decrease. And once one has a dependant, one needs to show a greater disposable income after payments (i.e. your eligibility decreases).

I am wondering if we wait to purchase until after the baby is born, will the bank request further statements which will show no salary for me and instead a measly social welfare payment in its place?

Or now that I have approval in principle, does that mean they hand out the cash without looking for anymore bank statements?

Advertisement