Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to store a cake overnight?

Options
  • 24-05-2012 1:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I'm baking a chocolate cake today, tomorrow I'll be icing and stacking them etc.

Recipe says I can make it the night before but as they are quite sticky it advises I wrap them in parchment paper before tin foiling. My question is am I supposed to then keep them in the fridge, or will the press be ok?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I'm baking a chocolate cake today, tomorrow I'll be icing and stacking them etc.

Recipe says I can make it the night before but as they are quite sticky it advises I wrap them in parchment paper before tin foiling. My question is am I supposed to then keep them in the fridge, or will the press be ok?

Personally, I'd stick it in the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Keep it in a cool dry place, the fridge dries cake out, you only need to put cake in the fridge if it has fresh cream or fresh fruit in it. Wrap it well and kitchen/utility/spare bedroom where it's cool will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

I agree with Acoshla, the fridge will dry out the cake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I know this is too late but anyhoo.. you know the plastic cake plates with the plastic covers (the euro shop near me is sold out :-( ..) I digress...I usually pop a sheet of baking paper (underneath it if I have to move it to something else otherwise I don't bother with a bottom sheet) then a piece of baking paper in between the two cakes and then the plastic cover on top. Or if it's a delicate cake using two of the cake plate/covers and putting one on each.

They stay perfectly fresh esp. if they are sticky or moist cakes. Sometimes they're better the next day.

Advertisement