Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake recipes without baking soda

Options
  • 24-05-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I want to make my girlfriend a cake for her 21st on Sunday and I have everything to make one except Baking Soda, which I cant get my hands on today. Today is the only time I have to do it.

Any nice recipes out there that I dont need it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Hey all,

I want to make my girlfriend a cake for her 21st on Sunday and I have everything to make one except Baking Soda, which I cant get my hands on today. Today is the only time I have to do it.

Any nice recipes out there that I dont need it?

Cheers.

Do you have baking powder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

If you dont have either baking powder or baking soda, I would suggest a chocolate torte which is a very rich cake with an almost pudding texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Its all good guys, I took the easy option and I am making a Banoffee pie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just for future note, in case you don't know it is also called bread soda, & bicarbonate of soda & sodium bicarbonate, probably a few more.

Advertisement