Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISSF World Cup, München

• 24-05-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Thought there was a thread on this already, but seems not.

Floydster has shot a 594 in the 2nd elimination relay in München today, and makes it through to the qualification.

594 was good enough for 12th in that relay. The first relay shot earlier this morning had 4x 598s :eek:

Ray finished on 582, with Sean on 575 in the first relay.

Cue Floydster to log and post his customary comment "Another lucky shoot!" :D

Jon Hammond and Neil Stirton headed the GB scores with 596 and 593 respectively...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MiGiD

Today's actually their second today with Ray Kane already having competed in 10m Air Rifle and Peter Friend in the 50m Free Pistol

Keep it up lads!!

You can get the results and watch the lads' targets live here:
    http://results.sius.com/Events.aspx?Championship=ISSFWorldCup20120521MunichGER

Gary will be competing in the 50m Qualifying Round tomorrow morning at 7.30 Irish time.

Ray will be competing in the 50m 3P on Saturday at 14.45 Irish time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

MiGiD wrote: »
    Today's actually their second today with Ray Kane already having competed in 10m Air Rifle and Peter Friend in the 50m Free Pistol

Keep it up lads!!

Yeah I watched those too, is there already a thread up; apologies if I missed it :o

Nope you were right there's no thread here. We've one going on the DURC Facebook page but that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

595-39X for Gary in the qualification. Just from a quick look at his profile, I think that's the highest score he's shot at that level of competition, so that's an absolutely cracking result. Leaves him in 25th place, only two points off the final. Not a bad day at the office at all for Team Ireland!

• Advertisement

595-39X for Gary in the qualification. Just from a quick look at his profile, I think that's the highest score he's shot at that level of competition, so that's an absolutely cracking result. Leaves him in 25th place, only two points off the final. Not a bad day at the office at all for Team Ireland!

Absolutely delighted for Floydster :cool:

Think he now needs a long hard look at why he's done so well.

To coin a phrase from Malcolm Cooper "Once I learnt how to win, I never forgot"

A brilliant result - is it the highest finish ever for Ireland? Sparks?? IWM??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

demonloop wrote: »

A brilliant result - is it the highest finish ever for Ireland? Sparks?? IWM??

No mate, not sure of anyone else but I made the final here in 95 / 96 ! ; )

So I see...

7th WC MUNICH 1996 FR60PR 594 101.5 695.5

Beat the score today though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Kick-ass result Floydster! :D

Like he says himself, while this is a lower placing, it's still the best score he's shot at world level, and is certainly testament to a great deal of strong work over the last couple of years. I like the Malcolm Cooper quote too by the way demonloop, not heard that one before!

• Advertisement

Rays up this evening n the 3P, hope its cooler in Munich than it is in Omagh!

Ray had a nice standing and kneeling today! Especially after the first standing string. 379 in kneeling is nothing to be sniffed at too readily. I also think 1128 is the best he's done at an international match by a few points, and I doubt he'll be happy with that prone at all, so lots of scope for big improvements right off the bat!

A great week out in Munich with the Lads, we got fantastic weather,food and the odd drink, as usual eveything was very well organised and I would just like to thank Joe Kinnane for travelling out as Team Manager and for doing such a great job!!;)

Roll on the next one!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psf32

FLOYDSTER wrote: »
    A great week out in Munich with the Lads, we got fantastic weather,food and the odd drink, as usual eveything was very well organised and I would just like to thank Joe Kinnane for travelling out as Team Manager and for doing such a great job!!;)

Roll on the next one!!:D

it was a good week and thanks to the lads and joe

Sorry you guys had to eat all the steaks on your own this time! Will hopefully make it out next year. Hope Mike at least gave you a hand.

Sorry you guys had to eat all the steaks on your own this time! Will hopefully make it out next year. Hope Mike at least gave you a hand.

We met Mike at the airport leaving Dublin but never got around to getting in contact after that!;), with the training and squadding it wasnt easy!

Advertisement