Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out, ESB closing account.

Options
  • 24-05-2012 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

So I moved out of an apartment yesterday that I was renting, one bedroom.

The letting agency couldn't or for want of a better word wouldn't check the reading on the meter for me.

I rang the Mangement company to which I was told that they were going to be checking the reading in a couple of days, they would then froward the reading onto the letting agency and I take the issue from there.

I rang the ESB to tell them that I want to close the account but was told I need the reading first.

So what's the story, do I ring the ESB again and tell them to send someone out fairly lively to check the reading for me? I say this because the Management company and letting agency are useless to say the least and I know for a fact that none of what I was told will be done in a reasonable time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,522 ✭✭✭✭ted1

its your responsbility to check it no one elses. its your account.

go back to the apartment and check it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Bit difficult when the room is pad locked. Yer man with the access to it wouldn't meet me yesterday as I was moving out. He was told 3 days in advance that I was going and all he had do was be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Battered Mars Bar,

Ideally we would need the following information when closing an account:
    • Your name and account number
    • The date you will be moving out
    • The final meter reading
    • Your forwarding address
    • The new occupant's name and phone number (or the landlord, solicitor or estate agent's name and number).
    If you are unable to get a meter reading, we can close the account with an estimate. Estimations are calculated using past consumption patterns, and in this case, if there has been recent actual readings taken, the closing bill issued should be quite accurate.

If you need our help, our forum is over here, and you can send a private message if you would like assistance closing the account.

Regards,

David.

Advertisement