Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hurley Fight In Dublin City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

sinister comment.

*Dons tin foil keffiyeh* :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

MagicSean wrote: »
    According to the Herald they did respond.

They arrived, were unable to stop the fight and then took a few names later when it was over and fooked off. They "may" consider an arrest.

I dont call that responding I call that going through the motions and not giving a f***.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Vid needs more Ger Canning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

They arrived, were unable to stop the fight and then took a few names later when it was over and fooked off. They "may" consider an arrest.

I dont call that responding I call that going through the motions and not giving a f***.

According to the herald yesterday, by the time they arrived the culprits had fled. They are now reviewing through CCTV footage & expect arrests to follow. The photos yesterday showed a pool (ok a puddle) of blood on the street alongside discarded hurleys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭celt262

They arrived, were unable to stop the fight and then took a few names later when it was over and fooked off.

Did they issue yellows or reds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Amazing how the Gardai don't respond to incidents like this, but they are out like a rocket and on the ball when Alan Shatters house gets robbed in Blackrock. Equality indeed.

His house in Ballinteer was broken into as well. Serious run of bad luck.

I heard he has a substantial property portfolio across Ireland florida and elsewhere but just the one burglary that I know of & the guys were caught in minutes.

Well wherever he lives its better policed than most other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Do we have to post the details on after hours if we do?

Just forward me that video and I'll transcribe it free of charge.

• Advertisement

Well wherever he lives its better policed than most other places.

Including the countrys main thoroughfare in broad daylight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Good to see young people playing the sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Harmless shamozzle. Will ya leh hit in ta da square da fck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Do we have to post the details on after hours if we do?

No.

Do it in the KYN thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Seachmall wrote: »
    Just forward me that video and I'll transcribe it free of charge.

Thanks, you're too kind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭p to the e

"And this guy came out of nowhere with a big wooden spoon!".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Did anybody see the gorilla walking through that clip?

Morlar wrote: »
    Including the countrys main thoroughfare in broad daylight.

Yes including this, and also almost the entire suburban area of Northside Dublin, West dublin and North county Dublin including large parts of Southwest Dublin.

Unless you are fortunate enough to live in one of Dublins few decent estates then this kind of lawlessness is the norm. Albeit not as extreme as this on a day to day basis, but not far off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

It's a flash mob organised by the tourist office.

Doubtful, would've been shillelaghs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Did anybody see the gorilla walking through that clip?

...case of 'wood for the trees' there, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mitchaul

Looks like its catching on:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Can somebody incoporate this hurling action into the Sunday Game opening credits?

It'd look deadly (excuse the pun) with the Sunday Game theme music playing over it.

Won't somebody please think of the children!!

That's not a knife that's a spoon!!

etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

le la rat wrote: »
    Harmless shamozzle. Will ya leh hit in ta da square da fck

I see you are a player of hurley-brain yourself then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I'M a sub thanks be to henry

Shame they were'nt golf clubs :D

There'd have been handicaps all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Lol at the shocked yuppies videoing it.

Lioke oh my Gawd Lioke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Shame they were'nt golf clubs :D

If it was a fight in Portmarnock then maybe. Par for the course out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

dunner515 wrote: »
    Hurley fight takes place in broad daylight

[SIZE="6"]VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED[/SIZE]

Prob said beford as I only watched the Op but wtf was the Garda that. Normally stands On that exact corner.? On a coffer break? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Gotta love modern Dublin. Its so culturally rich!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

SteoL wrote: »
    Prob said beford as I only watched the Op but wtf was the Garda that. Normally stands On that exact corner.? On a coffer break? :rolleyes:

Theres always 2 or 3 Garda standing by the GPO, don't know why they werent there sooner ??

I get fromm bus from Lower Abbey street, and everyone of them in that video are at the corner by the Londis or the newstand, shouting abuse at everyone, drunk, high, asking for smokes etc etc as seen below...

One of them I see everyday coming out of his nice house with his manky sleeping bag and "dirty" clothes off down to O'Connell St begging, few hours later you can see him coming back getting changed into his finest trackie n nike gear.

I am mortified everytime I walk down O'Connell Street and hear the likes of these scum shouting at tourists.

I am on the dole at the moment (now that college has ended this year) and by god if I didn't have proof I didn't apply for any job you can be sure that my payments would be stopped. How the fúck they get away with it is just beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Chorcai wrote: »
    I am on the dole at the moment (now that college has ended this year) and by god if I didn't have proof I didn't apply for any job you can be sure that my payments would be stopped. How the fúck they get away with it is just beyond me.

A lot of them aren't on jobseekers, they are on disability

If you've a drug problem you can get moved onto that

The politicians are happy to do it, it brings down the long term unemployed numbers

mikemac1 wrote: »
    A lot of them aren't on jobseekers, they are on disability

If you've a drug problem you can get moved onto that

The politicians are happy to do it, it brings down the long term unemployed numbers

That's completely fcuked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

The city centre is really in a right state these days, I never seen so many junkies walking around in my life one just planted down on the ground off his face outside the jervis center.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Who ordered the removal of the video - the government? Tourism board? Obviously, someone who only wants foreigners to experience a happy clappy, everything's fine with Ireland image.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lisak89

the womans name in the video is <snip> she is a traveller and a junkie she used to live beside my aunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I know cause anyone who doesn't shout 'GO ON YA GOOD THING KILL HIM' at an impromptu street hurley fight must be a yuppie...

:rolleyes:

That's completely fcuked up.

Yeah sad but true, I currently live in Ballymun (Handy for College) and a lot of my neighbors are on invalidity. They spend their days screaming and roaming around and their nights partying while their children fly around on motorbikes and smash things.

I remember once having to go to the community welfare office here and the amount of people who suddenly developed limps on the way into the office was comical. I see them roaming around with cans of cider, not a bother on them, on the streets. I even see them running for the bus! But when they are near the dole office they all have limps.:pac:

I know cause anyone who doesn't shout 'GO ON YA GOOD THING KILL HIM' at an impromptu street hurley fight must be a yuppie...

:rolleyes:

The world is just yuppies and junkies. There is no in-between.

• Advertisement

The world is just yuppies and junkies. There is no in-between.

Juppies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I find peoples reactions to this stuff odd, especially those recording it.

"Hahaha look at them fighting with hurls hahhaha this is great craic :D. Ohhh jesus christ he hit him :eek:, thats not nice at all :("

Fighting is right crack it seems but then reality sinks in very quick when they realise hitting someone with a weapon is pretty nasty. Something people seem oblivious to before hand. Why is that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Much better, towards the end is the funniest part of the video, when the Garda show up. You just couldn't write it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

LordSmeg wrote: »

Fighting is right crack it seems but then reality sinks in very quick when they realise hitting someone with a weapon is pretty nasty. Something people seem oblivious to before hand. Why is that ?

All fun and games until someone loses an eye ;)

msg11 wrote: »

Much better, towards the end is the funniest part of the video, when the Garda show up. You just couldn't write it.

Pretty sure those chairs started it.

Seriously though, what the hell was that about ? Throwing chairs around the place more than a fight from what I could see.

Pretty sure those chairs started it.

Seriously though, what the hell was that about ? Throwing chairs around the place more than a fight from what I could see.

It was like a mock hollywood bar brawl, like from a musical. I half expected them to break into song at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hope they stay in Dublin where they belong. Inbred bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Yakult wrote: »
    Hope they stay in Dublin where they belong. Inbred bastards.

Yup, you keep your own inbred bastards wherever your from and we'll keep our own here in Dublin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

mattjack wrote: »
    Yup, you keep your own inbred bastards wherever your from and we'll keep our own here in Dublin.

deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

It was like a flock of birds flying from a field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Any Garda on ere (magicsean) wanna tell us what they would do if they arrived at the scene in that vid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement