Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hurley Fight In Dublin City

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

There used to be a pub round Sth William St called Bartley Dunnes. Some of you may even be old enough to remember it. Not long before it closed, there was a memorable skirmish there, when a biker rode into the pub (sunny day - doors wide open), jumped off his "hog" at the bar and ordered a pint, to general applause from all on the premises. Apart from one dissenting voice who complained loudly about "fecking bikers" or something similar. Cue chairs and tables in a graceful arc through the air and an impromptu ballet of bad ass rucking and blows.

It really was like something from a movie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

msg11 wrote: »

Much better, towards the end is the funniest part of the video, when the Garda show up. You just couldn't write it.

Suddenly the Guards arrived with their sirens blareing. The knackers took to their heels at a great rate.....

Yeah. You could:cool:

LOL. I just love the pop up for the Dublin Marathon that appears at beginning and end :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Jester252 wrote: »
    It was like a flock of birds flying from a field

Reminded me of Jurassic Park and that herd of dinosaurs being chased by T Rex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Any Garda on ere (magicsean) wanna tell us what they would do if they arrived at the scene in that vid.

They did arrive, didn't they ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

It was clearly a domestic dispute, and domestic disputes always sort themselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

That was a great performance by the lad wearing the greyish jumper. He took at least three full force smacks of the hurley, disarmed your man and then landed a few hooks.

9/10.

MOTM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

SteoL wrote: »
    Prob said beford as I only watched the Op but wtf was the Garda that. Normally stands On that exact corner.? On a coffer break? :rolleyes:

Sure let them at it. Hopefully they'll kill each other and kill off some of their bad seed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Much better, towards the end is the funniest part of the video, when the Garda show up. You just couldn't write it.

This one is like the WWE wrestling. Heads and volleys with a few chairs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

mattjack wrote: »
    They did arrive, didn't they ?

What, the garda that post on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It was clearly a domestic dispute, and domestic disputes always sort themselves out.

its a DOMESHTIC DISHPUTE by jaysus say it properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Yes including this, and also almost the entire suburban area of Northside Dublin, West dublin and North county Dublin including large parts of Southwest Dublin.

Unless you are fortunate enough to live in one of Dublins few decent estates then this kind of lawlessness is the norm. Albeit not as extreme as this on a day to day basis, but not far off!

dont forget large parts of the south central city, south east and to quote you - 'almost the entire suburban area of southside dublin'

when you list the working class/disadvantaged areas of dublin there are more south of the liffey

the real upper class area of dublin is the eastside along the dart line, north and south

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It's technically known as the "scatter".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I can't believe there are still Dublin people like this.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

dont forget large parts of the south central city, south east and to quote you - 'almost the entire suburban area of southside dublin'

when you list the working class/disadvantaged areas of dublin there are more south of the liffey

the real upper class area of dublin is the eastside along the dart line, north and south

Southside is worse than the Northside IMO.

Southside is worse than the Northside IMO.

it is. its just a popular misconception that the nicest areas are south of the liffey but its the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Domo230 wrote: »
    A herd of cows
    A pack of wolves
    A flock of birds
    A gaggle of geese

A scatter of scumbags
    If we collectively replace the word scatter with something über gay it might convince them to disband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

it is. its just a popular misconception that the nicest areas are south of the liffey but its the opposite.

The thing with the Northside, is if one part of an area gets branded a ****ehole say Coolock then the whole of Coolock is kip, this is not the case near 90% of Coolock is fine.

At the end of the day, no matter where ye live there will always be scum.

Nodin wrote: »

we used to say 'sketch' years ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Sketch is just a warning that someone's coming

we used to say 'sketch' years ago

What the other guy said. "scatter" is the indication that one needs to do a "legger".

The thing with the Northside, is if one part of an area gets branded a ****ehole say Coolock then the whole of Coolock is kip, this is not the case near 90% of Coolock is fine.

At the end of the day, no matter where ye live there will always be scum.

like brookfield in blackrock. thats a kip but you never hear of the whole of blackrock being branded a kip. the traveller camp in foxrock is another example. between mount pleaseant square in ranelagh and rathmines is notorious. the list goes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Jesus Christ... I really don't see the funny side of this at all. I don't give one damn for those caught up in the fracas but I do care about my city and it makes me sick to think that the rule of law is so routinely dismissed by thugs such as these.

Again, yet again, the Gardai show their true colours. When are people going to wake up and stop defending these people?

like brookfield in blackrock. thats a kip but you never hear of the whole of blackrock being branded a kip. the traveller camp in foxrock is another example. between mount pleaseant square in ranelagh and rathmines is notorious. the list goes on

The Concorde pub in Rathmines in the 80's - "wigs on the green" didn't even begin to cover it.

The Concorde pub in Rathmines in the 80's - "wigs on the green" didn't even begin to cover it.

remember maddison that was where copan is now? the biggest drug dealer on the southside that lives in a very upmarket area not far from rathmines was involved in that. it was probably the most dangerous pub in the whole of dublin at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Coolock garda station covers a huge area

Turn on the news, "man arrested and taken to Coolock Garda Station" and the message goes out it was Coolock

Could have been a completely different area though

remember maddison that was where copan is now? the biggest drug dealer on the southside that lives in a very upmarket area not far from rathmines was involved in that. it was probably the most dangerous pub in the whole of dublin at the time.

Ahh, the joys.

Midnight mass at christmas - the record was apparently 40 coppers and two vans, few cars, loads of bikes. And there was still trouble.

Ahh, the joys.

Midnight mass at christmas - the record was apparently 40 coppers and two vans, few cars, loads of bikes. And there was still trouble.

Can you provide a link to back this anecdotal story up, Nodin?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

IrishAm wrote: »
    Can you provide a link to back this anecdotal story up, Nodin?

:)

Ya, Nodin.

Link or didnt happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭little swift

the garda will never respond on till the end because its just to much paper work involed.they got the call and they said let it happen and we will arrive when its over, job done. the garda are thinking like the people nowadays , the country is fk'ed and they did'nt cause it so let the bloody politics sort it out. their wages are cut and garda stations are closing and there is no money for policing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Mental stuff,that fella did in the dark top did well to fend them off,he must have a head like a block,he was lucky the boys werent using the Cultec Hurleys,they cant break by all accounts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

I blame the parents!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

smash wrote: »
    Sketch is just a warning that someone's coming

I must remember that next time I'm in the throes of ecstasy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Jesus that's depressing. I'd like to say unbelievable but it's not. It's very bloody typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Apparently it went on for a half hour, the Garda did arrive and no one was arrested!

under age match so, intercounty is 35 a half.

Mental stuff,that fella did in the dark top did well to fend them off,he must have a head like a block,he was lucky the boys werent using the Cultec Hurleys,they cant break by all accounts

He took a fair few whacks of the hurl and was not only still standing, but was on the offensive.

He's like a superknacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

This has now been followed by stabbings between knacker gangs in Sandycove. A bit of sun and this is what happens..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

ah lovely city..

MoneyMilo wrote: »
    This has now been followed by stabbings between knacker gangs in Sandycove. A bit of sun and this is what happens..

Brings me back. what did they call them...."The lark in the park" gigs. Gangs of skangers, skins and all sorts beating the ****e out of each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I blame the parents!

They have parents?!

They have parents?!

Aye, that rumour about an experiment in UCD was lies, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

leave em off its a bit of entertainment shur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

160 odd posts in and no one's posted Bat Fight? I'm disappointed AHers ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Jesus Christ... I really don't see the funny side of this at all. I don't give one damn for those caught up in the fracas but I do care about my city and it makes me sick to think that the rule of law is so routinely dismissed by thugs such as these.

Again, yet again, the Gardai show their true colours. When are people going to wake up and stop defending these people?

How can you expect the Gardai to be everywhere? They need time to respond, this seemed to have kicked off and was over in under a minute.

As long as they don't harm any civilians and don't damage property then I'd be happy to let these scum knock 50 shades of sh*te outta each other. Why not let them do it in a steel cage and maybe RTE can pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

Ref missed the whole thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kyote00 wrote: »
    Ref missed the whole thing....

In the after match interviews both managers claimed to have not seen the incident so its up to the Sunday Games boys to sort out this off the ball incident
    The CCCCCCCCCCCCC will be looking into it as well,Paul Galvin even though he doesnt play street hurling is getting the blame :D

ColeTrain wrote: »
    How can you expect the Gardai to be everywhere? They need time to respond, this seemed to have kicked off and was over in under a minute.

It went on for around 30 minutes according to witnesses, And the Garda did arrive, they took some names and that's it.

Domo230 wrote: »
    A herd of cows
    A pack of wolves
    A flock of birds
    A gaggle of geese

A scatter of scumbags
    smash wrote: »
    If we collectively replace the word scatter with something über gay it might convince them to disband.

A fabulous of skangers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

It went on for around 30 minutes according to witnesses, And the Garda did arrive, they took some names and that's it.

Apologies, didn't read all of the thread. Couldn't take any more GAA references.

Advertisement