Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hurley Fight In Dublin City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

A fabulous of skangers

Perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

They need to move all these knackers out of the inner city, and way out into the suburbs. Our public transport system is so bad that it wont be worth their effort to go all the way into town, so will just kick the ****e out of each other in their own areas, leaving the city cleaner, tidier, safer and better for tourists.

Also, we can knock down all the old flats and build some nice building and amenities, maybe a museum or two!

I've been to cities where there was little or no lower end housing in the cities and they were lovely! The odd dodgy part, but not a patch on O'Connell St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

mattjack wrote: »
    Perfect.

A "Daahhling" of Skangers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Sporting attyre put to actual use?! reminds me, why don't this type adopt O'neills clobber they seem to have been granted adidas' previously patented 3-stripage retard indication system..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Domo230 wrote: »
    As someone who lives in the suburbs I would have to say "no way in hell, come up with another plan".

we can sacrafice limerick....

we could have the junkie games...

2 heroin addicts, a fight to the death, the winner gets a top class hit.

if anything, entertainment + comedy ( watching them die, im sorry but seeing them getting curb stomped for their Pro drugs, annti establishment beliefs & actions means they have no rights whatsoever to live here... but thats more an " unpopular opinions " kinda post )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

coulda swore i saw red hurley makin' off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The lad taking the shots must have a head like an anvil on him:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

anyone have another link to the video? only managed to see the spoof one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Blay wrote: »
    The lad taking the shots must have a head like an anvil on him:pac:

Perfect material to play full-forward

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Us Dubs really are a class act. It's 19c for the day so lets all get f*cked up and stab each other with broken bottles lol

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/four-stabbed-in-fight-at-famous-forty-foot-bathing-spot-in-dublin-after-day-drinking-in-the-sun-3118539.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

That looked offside to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Us Dubs really are a class act. It's 19c for the day so lets all get f*cked up and stab each other with broken bottles lol

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/four-stabbed-in-fight-at-famous-forty-foot-bathing-spot-in-dublin-after-day-drinking-in-the-sun-3118539.html

more propaganda for the government to raise tax on drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Scum like this should be taken out, lined up, bent over with their pants down around their ankles and get the arses raped off them by very well endowed angry yardies. Works in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

I was more upset about the use of 'One can see......' by an Irish td.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The_B_Man wrote: »
    They need to move all these knackers out of the inner city, and way out into the suburbs. Our public transport system is so bad that it wont be worth their effort to go all the way into town, so will just kick the ****e out of each other in their own areas, leaving the city cleaner, tidier, safer and better for tourists.

Also, we can knock down all the old flats and build some nice building and amenities, maybe a museum or two!

I've been to cities where there was little or no lower end housing in the cities and they were lovely! The odd dodgy part, but not a patch on O'Connell St.

Foxrock,Dalkey and Killiney?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Am I missing something, It looks like a normal hurling game to me. Couple of fat, red-faced lads beating each other with sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Scum like this should be taken out, lined up, bent over with their pants down around their ankles and get the arses raped off them by very well endowed angry yardies. Works in prison.

Seems Billy Connolly was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

stovelid wrote: »
    Am I missing something, It looks like a normal hurling game to me. Couple of fat lads beating red-faced each other with sticks.
    The problem is they was no grass

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A clash of the hash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

Jester252 wrote: »
    The problem is they was no grass
    They are off the grass they have to give clean urine, or they don't get the methadone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Am I missing something, It looks like a normal hurling game to me. Couple of fat, red-faced lads beating each other with sticks.

Can't let it go, can ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Domo230 wrote: »
    As someone who lives in the suburbs I would have to say "no way in hell, come up with another plan".

Do you live in a ghost estate?

I didn't mean to integrate them into an existing suburb, if at all possible I meant to build a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

No you are right it's the Dublin hurling team in training.

FOUR people were hospitalised with stab wounds after a fight broke out between two groups at the popular Dublin swimming spot, the Forty Foot at Sandycove.

Up to twenty people were involved in the row and the injuries sustained included a broken jaw.

The injured included three men and one woman.

Three people were arrested, but later released by Gardai.

It is understood one of them will appear in court at a later date on public order offences.

Two groups of young men, from Crumlin and Eastwall, went to the Forty Foot by DART after a day drinking in the sun.

When a row broke out bottles were broken and used as weapons as horrified swimmers fled.

Later released
    I'm no legal eagle but I'd consider a broken bottle to be as serious as a knife

Be a right shame if they went drinking and drowned....

How do you know ?

Nodin wrote: »
    Can't let it go, can ye?

My stick of death?

How do you know ?

It came to him in a dream that he has occassionally. A dream he in no way looks forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

How do you know ?

Its well known that inmates when they've served their time return to society as productive law abiding members of society. Oh no.....wait....its the other thing isn't it ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Just across from the tourism office, hope it features in the next visit Ireland campaign.

It makes me wonder what could have happened in your life to have such negativity, did your parents not like you or something? It's posts like yours that drive a lot of posters away from after hours. Thank god you dont work for the tourist office.

Pick a picture of beautiful scenery, whether it be landscape or some exotic beach and i can guarantee you at some point in time a lot worse has happened there.

It was a fight, these things happen in every city, county/state, country around the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

cruiser178 wrote: »
    It makes me wonder what could have happened in your life to have such negativity, did your parents not like you or something? It's posts like yours that drive a lot of posters away from after hours. Thank god you dont work for the tourist office.

Please tell me you're taking the piss and your sense of humour isn't really that retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

An Irish take on a flash mob. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

That's awful, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Still I suppose it could be worse, there might have been thousands of them looting and rioting for days on end, with mass destruction and theft of property, buildings and cars gutted by fires, numerous deaths and many more injuries and hundreds arrested.

For example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

remember maddison that was where copan is now? the biggest drug dealer on the southside that lives in a very upmarket area not far from rathmines was involved in that. it was probably the most dangerous pub in the whole of dublin at the time.

Drank there from time to time , and didn't know that. I go in to the new Copan a fair bit.

Graces would be my biggest no go pub in the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Only one Thomas Davis.....

Keep On Renting.

IrishAm wrote: »
    Only one Thomas Davis.....

Keep On Renting.

Paid off your massive debts yet?

I have a nice bottle kept on ice to drink when you finally hit the wall.

• Advertisement

Paid off your massive debt yet?

Gentlemen, choose your hurley's for round two.

You can see this carry on in Tipp Town any evening during the summer

Was recently voted worst town in Ireland by the good people of After Hours for a reason

Paid off your massive debts yet?

What debts? I am no gypo!

Rent On.

What debts?

They will probably get that underwritten by bigot HQ as well. I especially hope they enjoy paying the half a million back they lost in their court case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

They will probably get that underwritten by bigot HQ as well.

Jeez not even the good weather, nor a funny story about some scobes, can cheer up the usual anti-GAA crowd.

• Advertisement

They will probably get that underwritten by bigot HQ as well. I especially hope they enjoy paying the half a million back they lost in their court case.

Bigot HQ?

The GAA are one of the greatest Irish success stories. They are an invaluable asset to Irish communities.

If Homeless FC despise them, they must be doing something right.

The Jones Road BigotDome is a nice stadium, mind you.

Bitter, bitter, bitter.....and in no position to talk about "bigot" anything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

14th December 2007 or March 2009 vintage?

2007 myself.

I send my local TDs a nice letter every time you hooped vermin act the bollix in Tallaght.

Results aren't going your way at the moment, when your trophies dry up, you will revert to type and run amok.

Another eviction(how many times have you been evicted now?) beckons, my hooped friend.

Forever Homeless.

I love everybody although I think Dubliners should be expelled from the city for playing turf muncher sports. Association football and maybe a bit of rugby provide a more acceptable sporting diet for our youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

bigots? the GAA? you and 1 or 2 others are by far the biggest bigots on this site... hilarious :rolleyes:

I love everybody although I think Dubliners should be expelled from the city for playing turf muncher sports. Association football and maybe a bit of rugby provide a more acceptable sporting diet for our youth.

Whats the Dublin football teams average attendance and whats Homeless FCs average attendance?

Maybe it would more feasible to relocate the homeless. They are already used to it and their numbers are smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I send my local TDs a nice letter every time you hooped vermin act the bollix in Tallaght.

Results aren't going your way at the moment, when your trophies dry up, you will revert to type and run amok.

Another eviction(how many times have you been evicted now?) beckons, my hooped friend.

Forever Homeless.

Its a lovely stadium though

Its a lovely stadium though

Make a great GAA stadium.

Love the seats. The fans collection from away trips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement