Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay credit card in debit

Options
  • 24-05-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question.

I have a Payzone card which, due to purchase charges that I was unaware of, is a couple of Euro in debit at the moment. I want to clear it down as I dont intend using it again, but seemingly the only way I can do this is to top again by the minimum of €10 plus the €3.50 top up fee, which I have no intentions of paying for a card I will not use again. I was told over the phone that there is no charge for leaving the negative amount on the card, but can anyone tell me what might be the longterm negative implications of this? Can I just leave the card active but unused with the negative charge on it, or will it come back to haunt me at some stage later?!!

Advertisement