Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dexter Season 7 News, Casting etc.

Options
  • 25-04-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,137 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Ray Stevenson has joined the highly anticipated upcoming seventh season of Showtime’s Dexter.
    Dexter fans were left with a stunning cliffhanger last season that set into motion the show’s end game. Dexter Morgan was discovered by his sister Debra in the middle of finishing off his latest victim — right after Debra realized she has some rather non-sisterly feelings for him. The seventh season is expected to be the second-to-final round of the acclaimed hit, though that could still change. Dexter returns Sunday, Sept. 30

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

http://screenrant.com/dexter-season-7-big-bad-jason-derick-aco-173690/
    Production on Dexter season 7 is set to begin this week (May 23rd), and the cast is still growing: Showtime has announced that Jason Gedrick will be joining the series for a multiple-episode arc.
    Known most recently for his role as Jerry Boyle on HBO’s Luck, Gedrick’s currently unnamed character is described as an “owner of a Miami-area gentlemen’s club that becomes linked to a high-profile murder case.” Perhaps not the best position to be in when there’s a serial killer vigilante out searching for new “victims.” Has Dexter (Michael C. Hall) found his second big bad for season 7?

star Ray Stevenson was previously announced for a reoccurring role, playing the leader of a Russian organized crime syndicate. Considering Stevenson’s high-profile upcoming roles in G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Thor 2 (reprising his role from Thor), he will likely play a major part in Dexter season 7. Throw in the phrase “Russian organized crime” and, well, it’s time to prep the plastic-wrap.

With Gedrick now joining the cast, his multiple-episode arc will most likely result in the character serving as a minor nemesis. That being said, Mos Def’s addition to the series last season was originally thought to be a “big bad” – but after Dexter season 6 began, Brother Sam’s true role in the series was revealed.

Brother Sam may not have delivered Dexter unto the Lord, but the Dexter season 6 finale did find our favorite blood splatter analyst saying “Oh God!” as Debra (Jennifer Carpenter) walked in on him killing Travis (Colin Hanks). For the audience, this may have been the second time saying “Oh God!” in the finale: Deb wanting to explore her romantic feelings for her brother was likely the first.
    Heading into the seventh season, everyone is waiting to see what’s in store for Dexter and his Dark Passenger; if rumors prove to be true, this will be the penultimate season of the show. With many interesting storylines being established at the end of season 6, it’ll be interesting to see how they’re incorporated into the series going forward. If Dexter really does have only two seasons left, it’s likely that season 7 will be setting up the ultimate showdown.
    Then again, with Dexter season 9 still a possibility, the end may not be so close after all. We’ll have to wait and see.
    -
    Dexter season 7 premieres September 30, 2012 on Showtime

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

September seems so far away :D And the end of September too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I LITERALLY CANNOT BELIEVE IT. When I saw your comment, I thought 'Ugh, trailer of a trailer. Only thing that could be worse is if you put dubstep music in it.' I SWEAR TO GOD that is what went through my mind. Believe me, I facepalmed at the end. It was actually nice and creepy for the first ten seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I was going to give Dexter a miss this season because of the awfulness of the last two seasons but Yvonne Strahovski has been cast for season 7. God dammit I have to watch it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ì was just going to post that. Fantastic news. :)

Hopefully she has a nice meaty role to get her teeth stuck into.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=91424

I'd give her a nice meaty roll to get her teeth stuck into :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Mr E wrote: »
    Ì was just going to post that. Fantastic news. :)

Hopefully she has a nice meaty role to get her teeth stuck into.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=91424

Hopefully she signed the Emmy Rossum/Morena Baccarin type deal rather than the kristen Bell type deal.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

new promo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Slight troll on behalf of showtime but here is the first sneak peek at the new series.

and for us hard core fans ... here is the stills from this sneak peek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

gavmcg92 wrote: »

Oh interesting, looks like
    Deb helps Dex cover things up. Also seems like plenty of childhood flashbacks featuring both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

gavmcg92 wrote: »

0:42 seconds.....if only that was Doakes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I believe the first 2 mins of the season opener will be shown at comic con today, Ill probably fold and watch it!

They are really pushing the new season even though it is a good bit away yet.

It better not be as lame as the last two seasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

First two minutes of the first episode.

****SPOILERS****

Very dissapointing. Dexter should have come out with it two seasons ago! Deb should have pulled back that plastic sheeting at the end of the second last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not great tbh..

.. not the most convincing spiel there by Dex!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

ahh why did i watch that. i should of saved myself

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭itchy elbows

can't wait for new season too start, is it the final season or is there going to be another?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

can't wait for new season too start, is it the final season or is there going to be another?
    2 more season are guaranteed, they said they'll end it then, but you know if its still pulling in the numbers they'll try and squeeze more out of it,

• Advertisement
Advertisement