Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPA is Dead

• 24-05-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Has anyone tried this limited edition set of brew dog beers? As far as I know Against The Grain have them in stock. Worth a go?

Little background; I like a hoppy brew
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Has anyone tried this limited edition set of brew dog beers? As far as I know Against The Grain have them in stock. Worth a go?
    Mixed bag, IMO. I did a review of this year's here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I thought 3 of them were great. 1 was mediocre. Worth trying though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

KJ wrote: »
    I thought 3 of them were great. 1 was mediocre. Worth trying though.

Challenger? It was the worst of the 4 for me. Galaxy & Motueka where my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

BeerNut wrote: »

Slightly off topic sorry but a question in regards to the glasses in that particular blog ... where did you get those glasses and are the available to buy? And what are the markings on the sides?

Remind me of the old stlye pub glasses for Whiskey but possibly a bit bigger.

i like the cut of their jib though ;)

Cheers in advance.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Any idea how much ATG are charging for them ?

If Motueka was part of their core beer listing, I'd imagine it would do pretty good !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Lt. Palumbo

Interesting. cheers for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

DarrenG wrote: »
    Challenger? It was the worst of the 4 for me. Galaxy & Motueka where my favourites.

Challenger it was.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

where did you get those glasses
    They're the standard 10cl tasting glass used at beer festivals in Denmark. I got them at beer festivals in Denmark.
    and are the available to buy?
    You get them as part of the admission price at beer festivals in Denmark. You can also harvest them at the end of beer festivals in Denmark as people tend to just leave them lying around.
    And what are the markings on the sides?
    There's the logo of the beer festivals in Denmark where I got them, and they're lined at 5cl and 10cl.
    Yes, they're a great size for getting a good impression of a beer. I tend to use them for blind tastings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Ahh well that's me flummoxed so ... don't think I'll be in Denmark any time soon. Pretty much the same size as those old style whiskey glasses you used to get in some pubs. I have a couple but been trying to get some moer for a while now as seem to be hard to get. They are great for a relaxing whiskey too ...

Thanks for the reply though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

where did you get those glasses
    They're the standard 10cl tasting glass used at beer festivals in Denmark. I got them at beer festivals in Denmark.
    and are the available to buy?
    You get them as part of the admission price at beer festivals in Denmark. You can also harvest them at the end of beer festivals in Denmark as people tend to just leave them lying around.
    And what are the markings on the sides?
    There's the logo of the beer festivals in Denmark where I got them, and they're lined at 5cl and 10cl.
    Yes, they're a great size for getting a good impression of a beer. I tend to use them for blind tastings.

What country did you say this festival was on in?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Myself I thought the challenger was horrid. Motueka. But the other two were quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

I thought the hop choice was quite poor to be honest. Really had to concentrate to spot the differences. I had them one after the other and felt they could have picked far more distinct varieties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Ronan cork wrote: »
    I thought the hop choice was quite poor to be honest. Really had to concentrate to spot the differences. I had them one after the other and felt they could have picked far more distinct varieties

Have to agree apart from the challenger, I had these a week or two ago but remember thinking it was vegetal and unpleasent, thought the motueka and galaxy where the very similar apart one lended itself for more bitterness then the other. Had the HBC a different evening and although I liked it, I wasn't overly impressed.

Advertisement