Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do?

Options
  • 24-05-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

we are facing issues due to dampness in our carpet and wall due to some leakage. The dehumidifier has been placed since saturday means last 5 or 6 days but there is still dampness on the carpet, am also concerned about the fast rolling meter to be honest.we have finally decided to move out and have given notice for the same as wel

As it was decided to change the carpet we got the quote for the same on the instructions of the landlord,now I am concerned that even though the dampness still persist the landlord wants us to place an order for the carpet confused.gif .what i think is there is no point in doing that but he is very firm on his decision,how long should i go with this issue now as i am leaving the property? and our landlords (both of them) are not in ireland at present since a week should we go ahead and place a order or not? what about the dampness then,would we be in any fault if things doesnt go happily between both parties?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

firstly how was their leakage?? was it your fault or was it something that you had no control over

If the leakage was due to something you had no control over then you are not liable to replace it, and it is also not up to you to order it as you will then be liable for payment

If you have caused the damage and it is now above that of general wear and tear then you are liable for it

the only thing i would be majorly worried about is your deposit, if you caused the problem and dont fix it then landlord can deduct replacement from you deposit but must provide receipts to you, if you do replace it as it was your fault, do you still think you are going to get your deposit back??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

if you are very shortly leaving the property, dont bother with the whole thing, just leave them fix it for the next tenant when you have vacated the property, i am wondering why the landlord is asking you to place an order, it is his house, not yours, so i would think that the one who places the order would be responsible for the bill. keep quiet and keep clear of that, for your own good, the landlord can have all that done when you have gone

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭maskabun

no it is not at all our fault.It is due to leakage in the pipe outside the building that is passing by our wall of the bedroom. has been a month now since we mentioned it to landlord,finally we have decided to move out as the issue still persist.may be it is because they are not able to find where exactly the leakage is, i guess.

Advertisement