Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C2 in Biology achievable at this late stage?

• 24-05-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all Im hoping to get a C2 in Biology or up in the exams but I havent done anything really all year!! :/ I just scraped a pass in the mocks and I dont want that to happen again!!!

Last year we had a different teacher and I was getting Highs C and Lows B's so I could achieve the C2 still, I hope.

I always see people on Boards saying how they 'Will die if they dont get an A1 in Biology' I m just wondering if any of those people (or anyone for that matter) could give me advice on what to study from now until the exams to get a C2!!!

:)

Thanks for any advice/Help people! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

The experiments are an easy 60(?) marks, make sure you know them well, and know why you do certain things (like why you add washing up liquid in the DNA experiment).

Focus more on units 1 and 2, like ecology, respiration etc, as they make up most of the paper. But try to know as much of the human/plant anatomy sections as possible too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

finality wrote: »
    The experiments are an easy 60(?) marks, make sure you know them well, and know why you do certain things (like why you add washing up liquid in the DNA experiment).

Focus more on units 1 and 2, like ecology, respiration etc, as they make up most of the paper. But try to know as much of the human/plant anatomy sections as possible too.

Thanks for the help, I'll be sure to study these! :) I dont really like Plant sections but ill give it my best to learn it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

questions seem to repeat themselves a lot so doing exam questions in your papers, and checking the marking scheme on examinations.ie could be helpful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Know your definitions inside out. And diagrams too.

If it asks for a diagram, at least 3/4 a4 page

if you're asked for a large diagram a full a4 page.

Also don't start a new question on the same page with another eg q12 and then q14 on same page.

Know your immunity and also muscular and respiratory systems. Both reproduction chapters are really important this year especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

yeah, no bother to you. Make sure you know EVERY experiment - 120 marks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

Thanks for all the good advice and help people, I will definitely do the stuff ye're telling me to study! :)

Hopefully I can pull it off now! :)

Advertisement