Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gourmet pizza naas

Options
  • 24-05-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Ive a craving for a gourmet pizza,like the ones you get in milanos. The one that has the whole cut out in the middle and salad in its place. Any suggestions where I can can something like this around naas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Milanos/Pizza Express is the only place that does them(at least with the salad in middle) ...can say Im mad on the idea.Rebel Pizza take away , Maynooth does best pizza in Kildare I reckon .Not sure Ive ever had REALLY good pizza in Ireland .I generally order pasta ...seems better value/more substantial/special for what you get .The bases are generally the problem .I remember once in Girona(Spain) getting a pizza that had SUCH a 'thin and crispy' base it was like an air bubble of dough with a razor thin top and bottom !Comparing a lunchtime pizza slice in Italy and USA is like comparing a Ferrari F1 car with a school bus!!!

The Moroccan pizza in Zest in Clane with Tzatziki and chickpeas is probably best 'eat in ' pizza in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Also if you like 'greenery' Zest in Clane or one of the 'herbiest' restaurants Ive ever been to.Very good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

2011abc wrote: »
    Milanos/Pizza Express is the only place that does them(at least with the salad in middle) ...can say Im mad on the idea.Rebel Pizza take away , Maynooth does best pizza in Kildare I reckon .Not sure Ive ever had REALLY good pizza in Ireland .I generally order pasta ...seems better value/more substantial/special for what you get .The bases are generally the problem .I remember once in Girona(Spain) getting a pizza that had SUCH a 'thin and crispy' base it was like an air bubble of dough with a razor thin top and bottom !Comparing a lunchtime pizza slice in Italy and USA is like comparing a Ferrari F1 car with a school bus!!!

The Moroccan pizza in Zest in Clane with Tzatziki and chickpeas is probably best 'eat in ' pizza in Ireland

Try Alvitos in Leixlip, the base and the sauce are delish. I do like zest and da Mario in Celbridge too! nom nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Il fico,Naas does a cracking pizza. Thin crust and crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

SQ2 wrote: »
    Try Alvitos in Leixlip, the base and the sauce are delish. I do like zest and da Mario in Celbridge too! nom nom!

Having eaten in Alvito's again last night, I declare that the pepperoni pizza I had was the best pizza I've ever had. It was almost emotional! :D Has it changed hands again? Didn't recognise the waiting staff...

• Advertisement
Advertisement