Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to stretch shoes?

• 24-05-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to stretch shoes? I've a pair that are to tight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Male or female? It depends on the leather. If they are a hard leather, they should ease out eventually, but would require some walking. There's sprays etc you can get but in my experience they don't work so well. That's why I always buy soft leather shoes! Anyway, if they are too tight due to size, there's not much you can do.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

I've seen some shop near Dundrum shopping centre that stretches shoes(seemed to be women's shoes), cant remember the name but its close to the Luas stop.

There's a shoe shop in Dalkey in Dublin that stretch shoes. I'm sure most good shoe menders would do it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I currently have a pair of shoes in the freezer. The 'leather' strap across my toes cut the shyte out of me on their first wear, so I half-filled two freezer bags with water, squashed a bag under the strap of each shoe, and stuck them in the freezer. The water will expand with freezing and will hopefully stretch out the shoe a bit :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've heard that washing a potato, and wrapping it in cling film works as it will expand the shoe.

The reason for wrapping the potato in cling film is to stop any water leaking from it and staining or wetting the shoe.

I've never tried it so don't know how good it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement