Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass or Honours english?

• 24-05-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I do honours english and just passed my mocks. But they were marked quite easy. Should I go down to pass or try and pass honours? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I reckon if you think you have a fair shot at passing then keep up with honours. English is subjective which is a right pain, but if you have a decent knowledge of your texts, comparative and poetry, and you know how to tactfully waffle (i.e. waffling but convincing the examiner that you're not waffling by making it fancy and bringing in the phrases and words used in the question often) then you should be fine with staying with honours.

I don't know you though, so at the end of the day it's down to whether or not you think you can pass. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Hi.

I do honours english and just passed my mocks. But they were marked quite easy. Should I go down to pass or try and pass honours? :confused:
    I may be wrong but I thought you couldn't move down after a certain time as the texts and poets are different? In my school people can't drop down after a certain time because of this.

I may be wrong but I thought you couldn't move down after a certain time as the texts and poets are different? In my school people can't drop down after a certain time because of this.

I'd never thought of that!

With poetry, there are sometimes shared poets (just that OL study in less detail) but for everything else it's usually different.

So you might be stuck at HL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

No we're allowed change if we want :)

Well if you are considering it, make sure you look into it first and make sure you won't have to cram a load of new texts the week before the exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I know you can change levels but if the material is all different it wouldn't be advisable.

Advertisement