Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sinn Fein appealing to the lowest common denominator

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

I won't be voting for Sinn Fein. I think everyone should reject this party which represents everything wrong with modern politics and religion. Hopefully they meet their maker and are punished for the evil deeds they have done on this Island.

Hello, and welcome to boards.ie.
    Let me guess, your a protestant and you live in the republic???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Where To wrote: »
    Mountbatten.

But Mountbatten murdered 26 unarmed, innocent catholic civilians in Derry at bloody Sunday?

Silly comparison tbh :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

the bitterness is strong with this one I see. Better get used to the idea of the shinners being in power.

sure..
    :rolleyes:

Blowing up the likes of buildings and trains or whatever is easy, bringing company's into those building to create jobs and ensuring that trains run on time is hard as hell.

SF very well may at some point in the future get into power but they certainly won't last long, as we've seen already they only have a few TD's and they are already screwing us over claiming high print costs and other such nonsense.

Just wait till they really get access to the cashbox and they'll have a field day,

I won't be voting for Sinn Fein. I think everyone should reject this party which represents everything wrong with modern politics and religion. Hopefully they meet their maker and are punished for the evil deeds they have done on this Island.

Hi Keith. Welcome back auld hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

gerryo777 wrote: »

.....I'd be unsure of his faith, but not unsure of where he lives
    http://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/old-country-bridge-jessica-jenney.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You can take that back to pulseresources. But tell Keith AFC we miss him when you're there. Now there was a troll that knew the meaning of the word subtlety.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

SF cannot get the mature and wordly wise voter but it knows how to massage the naive and young .It does it quite well too and i'm afraid of them .It has always supported youth issues and steered very clear of law and order while harpin' on jobs instead .Again it does not want to annoy anybody under 25 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Ghandee wrote: »
    But Mountbatten murdered 26 unarmed, innocent catholic civilians in Derry at bloody Sunday?

Who's comparing?

Who's comparing?

I am.

Let's discuss.

Or are your half baked, smart arsed, one line replies all you can muster?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Protestant behind enemy lines

Yes. I hope to leave soon and live in Northern Ireland.

• Advertisement

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands who died because of his actions in dividing India/Pakistan as the last viceroy of India.

Donegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I look forward to the day SF reach power. They'll serve 1 term and not be voted in for decades again, even the poorly educated will realise how idiotic their policies are by the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

[PHP][/PHP]
    Wibbs wrote: »
    I will. By wondering if your suggestion to others was something you didn't do yourself? Have you read their economic policies?

Burn the bondholders

Tax the rich

Tell the IMF to fcuk off

You try again.

Burning the bondholders, what exactly is wrong with this policy?

They don't say tax the rich, they say they want a fairer tax system.

As for "telling the IMF to **** off", again I have yet to find where exactly they say that in their actual econmic policies, not a sensationalist Irish times headline.

Try again.

What colour are the trolls in NI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

RMD wrote: »
    I look forward to the day SF reach power. They'll serve 1 term and not be voted in for decades again, even the poorly educated will realise how idiotic their policies are by the end.
    1 term is More than enough to destroy the country.
    Varied wrote: »
    They don't say tax the rich, they say they want a fairer tax system.
    They have said it over and over!

Donegal?
    Probably Antrim and live amongst gods own people.

RMD wrote: »

Reckon that's what's going to happen FG/Labour............For the same reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

summerskin wrote: »
    Not ethnic cleansing at all. If I lived in a country where I was in a minority in wanting a particular set of rights/government/anything fcuking else I'd leave. Especially if what i wanted was available a short drive away.

Bollocks to all this about being driven out of your home, if you don't like somewhere, move!

The British govt were absolute twats to Catholics in the north for years. The clever ones left, the rest fought for "freedom". Guess which ones had the better lives?

Some run away, others stand their ground.

My grandfather swore he would never be driven from his homeland, he lived and died where he was born.

I'm sure your grandfather had a better life but luckily for him he had that choice, he wasn't constrained by honour and pride.

The indigenous people of any land should never be forced to move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I am.

Let's discuss.

Or are your half baked, smart arsed, one line replies all you can muster?
    Nothing to discuss.

Poster asked who was bombed in the south.

A. Mountbatten

Case closed.

smash wrote: »

It took FF 3 terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

The country's fairly shagged as it is, to be honest all I can do is laugh at this of how fúcked we are. SF would provide a few years of laughter until people start voting for those with sense again.

They have said it over and over!

Please, prove me wrong, I keep hearing a lot of sensationalist bull****, but nothing to back it up.

I'm sure the wealthy minority in Ireland won't go running off to other countries with their sacks of euros over a 1% wealth tax.

Again it says in their policies they want a fairer tax system.

How are we doing now then?

Nothing to discuss.

A. Mountbatten

Case closed.

Was he not killed in the atlantic ocean?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Where are you currently based in the Free State?

• Advertisement

It took FF 3 terms.
    But sf will do it in a matter of weeks!

Dunloy, or Toome are two very nice, strongly republican villages.

you'd fit right in there I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Where are you currently based in the Free State?

the aras??

Again, shouting this absoloute ****e without backing it up is really pointless.

Anywho, better bow out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Was he not killed in the atlantic ocean?

Republic of Ireland jurisdiction.
    Was a major embarrassment to the Gardai and the Irish government at that time.

• Advertisement

Please, prove me wrong, I keep hearing a lot of sensationalist bull****, but nothing to back it up.
    do yourself a favor and watch some of them being interviewed on Vincent brown or on Matt copper and you'll see/hear it for yourself.

It won't matter, they'll only be doing what they're told to do by the germans, thanks to bertie/enda and his mates......

How are we doing now then?
    Believe it or not the majority are surviving! Sinn Fein will make that a lot more difficult with extra taxes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

That team pic looks like an African team to me?
    Hopefully the designer was having a laugh and it turns out its Libya!

Dunloy, or Toome are two very nice, strongly republican villages.

you'd fit right in there I'd imagine.
    Looking to live amongst Protestants though. You know a good area which has a strong population of Protestants?

Again, shouting this absoloute ****e without backing it up is really pointless.
    just like SF shouting bullshìt about saving the economy by taxing people more and burning bond holders with nothing to backup how the country will survive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

all politics is propaganda

Looking to live amongst Protestants though. You know a good area which has a strong population of Protestants?

What type of protestant?

do yourself a favor and watch some of them being interviewed on Vincent brown or on Matt copper and you'll see/hear it for yourself.

I heard Richard Bruton on Matt Cooper last week, that was good.

I haven't heard Enda on VB at all, some bull****e excuse he uses to avoid the hard questions.

And it is bull****e before anyone starts about suicide victims.
    Vinny was being metaphorical that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

just like SF shouting bullshìt about saving the economy by taxing people more and burning bond holders with nothing to backup how the country will survive!

Don't the current government also want to tax people more?

• Advertisement

Believe it or not the majority are surviving! Sinn Fein will make that a lot more difficult with extra taxes!

Did you see the article about St.Vincent de Paul on the 9pm news tonight?

Don't the current government also want to tax people more?

Yea, but not 'their' people, you know, the 'elite'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyhoo, SF are a great opposition party. If nothing else, they divide opinion and that's healthy in a democracy imo. Interestingly enough, they're the only opposition party to have put forward alternative budgets over the last few years. Even in 2010, when FF were selling us all down the river, while FG and Labor only huffed & puffed from the sidelines, SF were the only ones to be bothered with coming up with what they seen as an alternative to where we were headed.

Hell, which other party has successfully fought against a governments refusal to exercise proper democratic process?

SF in opposition today, are in my view more effective than FG ever were during the reign of FF. And it has nothing to do with policies or pasts, if they had somewhat better policies and a perfect history they wouldn't be the main opposition party.. they'd be an incarnation of the Green Party.

Yea, but not 'their' people, you know, the 'elite'...
    Seems that SF consider anyone not on the dole to be elite.

Nothing to discuss.

A. Mountbatten

Case closed.

Q.

Bombed in the south by whom?

If your suggesting Sinn Fein bombed him, as in the political party did, that's on par with me making the comparison that he shot the civilians in Derry :rolleyes:

May I also remind you that if it were not for Mountbattens relatives, and Govt's occupation of our country his death would not have occurred.

I don't condone his death btw, very much the opposite. Merely pointing out that people from both sides, directly involved in the troubles or not, got caught up in a war that only one side instigated.

Try living as a second class citizen, in a county that you could trace your relatives back for hundreds of years before you start sprouting your anti republican chants.

It seems a lot like you would sit back and do nothing if your home country was illegally occupied?

Some of us have the balls/had the balls to stand up and fight though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

How so?

Nodin wrote: »
    What type of protestant?
    The righteous Protestants.

You won't last long here methinks...

How so?
    Because all they seem to give a shìt about are the "vulnerable". eg council estate residents, people on the dole etc.

• Advertisement

....a theologian in exile, are we? Well I'm sure you'll find somebody to take you in somewhere.

Advertisement