Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sinn Fein appealing to the lowest common denominator

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

smash wrote: »
    Because all they seem to give a shìt about are the "vulnerable". eg council estate residents, people on the dole etc.

Are all council estate residents on the dole now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Because all they seem to give a shìt about are the "vulnerable". eg council estate residents, people on the dole etc.

Is giving a **** about the "vulnerable" a bad thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Because all they seem to give a shìt about are the "vulnerable". ...........

The dirty Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

gerryo777 wrote: »

Are all council estate residents on the dole now?
    I didn't say they were, did I now...

Is giving a **** about the "vulnerable" a bad thing?
    They throw the phrase around too much. And I know of a lot of people in these areas or circumstance who some how have more disposable income than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

and since when are those less educated ' the lowest common denominator'............says a lot about the op

• Advertisement

I didn't say they were, did I now...

So council estate residents are the elite then? Your post, no. 147.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Looking to live amongst Protestants though. You know a good area which has a strong population of Protestants?

Would you consider Belfast? The Shankhill Road would suit you down to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would you consider Belfast? The Shankhill Road would suit you down to the ground.

Not when they hear his accent they won't. He's a Day Walker, destined to walk alone, accepted by neither side.

hungrypig wrote: »
    and since when are those less educated ' the lowest common denominator'............says a lot about the op
    They're not, but SF will target them quicker than anyone else.
    So council estate residents are the elite then? Your post, no. 147.

No, but they're there target audience.

Theres something wrong with people who live on council estates, is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

is it that bad to look out for the poor?
    maybe we should abolish the dole and let people starve

That was always Labour's target audience, wasn't it?
    Suppose Labour have deserted them now they have 5 years in office.

target who....your post clearly refers to poorly educated people as the lowest common denominator................... we've all met people like you before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Looking to live amongst Protestants though. You know a good area which has a strong population of Protestants?

Avoca, County Wicklow. Beautiful part of the world and lovely people.

Normal Irish folk. I don't think they are the sort of people you had in mind when you said "protestant" but there we go.

I wouldn't recommend telling them that they are British. Actually, as its you, I probably would.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Protestant behind enemy lines

I think you are right. I was frightened when I seen Sinn Fein canvassing a few years ago and decided to hide until they went away. I didn't want them to know that I was a Protestant and thought I would be killed if they found out.

Lucky for me when they got no response at the door, they went and I could get off the floor. They are a scary party and I hope they don't ever get into power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Sinn Fein are the party of "rebels" and 16 year olds who wear Celtic scarfs around their faces and throw bottles at Garda Cars because " OOH AH UP DA RA".

They know they are unelectable so they spout pure and utter bull****. It's not all bad whoever. They take in people who would otherwise be beating up Granny's in the street for heroin money. These fine people then become councillors up and down the country and the odd one can spoof their way into the Dail.

Sinn Fein are the dustbin of Irish politics and people who support them should be forced to take mandatory drug screening once a month at their local Garda station.

target who....your post clearly refers to poorly educated people as the lowest common denominator................... we've all met people like you before

Unfortunately, people with this mindset always end up running the country.
    Might have something to do with the **** we find ourselves in.

Nodin wrote: »
    Theres something wrong with people who live on council estates, is there?
    Pick your fights better. I never said there was.
    is it that bad to look out for the poor?
    maybe we should abolish the dole and let people starve
    Like I said, they throw the phrase around too much.
    Well they kind of have deserted them haven't they. They've gone back on everything they said.
    yawn.

I think you are right. I was frightened when I seen Sinn Fein canvassing a few years ago and decided to hide until they went away. I didn't want them to know that I was a Protestant and thought I would be killed if they found out.

Lucky for me when they got no response at the door, they went and I could get off the floor. They are a scary party and I hope they don't ever get into power.

Ye know the way ye want to go up north....? I've a bit of news for ye about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Exactly Gerry!

Gilmore would sell his granny the two faced git.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, people with this mindset always end up running the country.
    You don't know anything about me.

Pick your fights better. I never said there was.

Then why did you mention them?
    Like I said, they throw the phrase around too much.

You'd prefer if they didn't mention the vulnerable in society at all then...?

Craebear wrote: »
    Sinn Fein are the party of "rebels" and 16 year olds who wear Celtic scarfs around their faces and throw bottles at Garda Cars because " OOH AH UP DA RA".

They know they are unelectable so they spout pure and utter bull****. It's not all bad whoever. They take in people who would otherwise be beating up Granny's in the street for heroin money. These fine people then become councillors up and down the country and the odd one can spoof their way into the Dail.

Sinn Fein are the dustbin of Irish politics and people who support them should be forced to take mandatory drug screening once a month at their local Garda station.

It's called democracy my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I've just wet my drawers lol!

Ghandee wrote: »
    Exactly Gerry!

Gilmore would sell his granny the two faced git.

Well hes only doing what his predecesors have done. Dickie Spring conducted the greatest about-face of all time when he went in with FF.

I can only go by your posts.

Then why did you mention them?
    Because I'm talking about the people that they target. They target the weak and fill them with bs.
    You'd prefer if they didn't mention the vulnerable in society at all then...?
    I'd prefer if they had real policies that could possibly work.

Ghandee wrote: »
    I've just wet my drawers lol!
    Easy for you to laugh Ghandee, I was praying to God that he would send them away and leave this Protestant alone.

well your op gives us a fair idea

• Advertisement

Because I'm talking about the people that they target. They target the weak and fill them with bs..

So people who live in council estates are "weak"? How do you come to this conclusion.

Why can't we have policies that take care of all of society and work?

well your op gives us a fair idea
    By pointing out that they either target the weak in society?

So if they had 'real policies' that might be better for Ireland would you vote for them?
    Or is their history the real reason?

So people who live in council estates are "weak"? How do you come to this conclusion.
    Would you rather I called them vulnerable, like SF do?
    Why can't we have policies that take care of all of society and work?
    We can. But SF don't.
    So if they had 'real policies' that might be better for Ireland would you vote for them?
    Or is their history the real reason?

Couldn't care about the history any more. It's their lack of policies that would work that gets to me. I never mentioned their history.

Would you rather I called them vulnerable, like SF do?.

You can explain why you refer to them as "weak".
    We can. But SF don't.

According to you. However you seem more worried about their concern for the "vulnerable" in society than anything else.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Varied wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

Burning the bondholders, what exactly is wrong with this policy?
    Sooooo you agree I was right and you were wrong for saying you never heard or read this? As for what's wrong with it? Where do you think the money to cover our losses and ongoing expenses will come from? Answers on a postcard please.
    They don't say tax the rich, they say they want a fairer tax system.
    Which taxes anyone above 100k per year at 48%.
    As for "telling the IMF to **** off", again I have yet to find where exactly they say that in their actual econmic policies, not a sensationalist Irish times headline.
    Gerry Adams has said this, or do you not believe your own glorious leader?

Not enough for you? OK then here it is from their own website.

For those on mobile folks... "Sinn Féin TD Aengus Ó Snodaigh has said the Government should throw the IMF out of the country before resigning and calling a general election."

Obviously they don't actually say "fcuk off", but that's just you nitpicking and backtracking in the face of your ignorance of the position of the party you support.
    Try again.
    Naw. I would respectfully suggest that you break out the camomile lotion, because you've been burned. Then try again.
    I'm sure the wealthy minority in Ireland won't go running off to other countries with their sacks of euros over a 1% wealth tax.
    Again actually try reading the policies. You're 47% wrong. That's just on income tax above 100k. Never mind the capital gains tax among a host of others.

This is another issue I have with SF. Their gung ho supporters tend to be remarkably ignorant of what they're actually supporting, on more than one level.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Most of the south side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ok, so I have not heard nor seen any of this in their economic policies.

Try again.
    [PHP][/PHP]

Burning the bondholders, what exactly is wrong with this policy?

They don't say tax the rich, they say they want a fairer tax system.

As for "telling the IMF to **** off", again I have yet to find where exactly they say that in their actual econmic policies, not a sensationalist Irish times headline.

Try again.

For someone who's supposedly knows about Sinn Fein how did you not realise they wanted to burn the bondholders? :confused: Also, are you you saying the quotes from Gerry Adams in that article are made up?

By pointing out that they either target the weak in society?

hey smash...........maybe the 'lowest common denominators' in society should be stripped of their right to vote as you seem to doubt their ability to participate in a democratic system........would that make you happy

Couldn't care about the history any more. It's their lack of policies that would work that gets to me. I never mentioned their history.

Fair enough, but as you can see the majority of anti-SF on here have brought up the IRA and things that happened last century.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Of course its the lowest common denominator, its nationalism, the lowest form of politics. Its not like they are apealing to well thought out and higher ideals, its nationalism,tribalism one step up from monkeys. I like the big end of the egg you like the narrow. Who the **** even cares.

The left wing part of their agenda is fine, I dont agree with it but I can understand and respect it. Its the links to terrorism and thier vigilante links which I don't like.

• Advertisement

You can explain why you refer to them as "weak".
    Well why do SF refer to them as vulnerable?
    According to you. However you seem more worried about their concern for the "vulnerable" in society than anything else.
    Because I find it hard to accept it as any form of genuine concern. All their posters are propaganda riddled and they canvas these areas to gain votes based on fair tale policies to tax people who are better of than them.

Wibbs wrote: »

Which taxes anyone above 100k per year at 48%.

What's so wrong about that?

hey smash...........maybe the 'lowest common denominators' in society should be stripped of their right to vote as you seem to doubt their ability to participate in a democratic system........would that make you happy
    Talk about clutching at straws.
    Fair enough, but as you can see the majority of anti-SF on here have brought up the IRA and things that happened last century.
    But I didn't.

They didn't seem to care about the vulnerable in society when they shot them and buried innocent Protestants in this country. Shame on them and they will have to answer for these crimes to God.

Because I find it hard to accept it as any form of genuine concern. All their posters are propaganda riddled and they canvas these areas to gain votes based on fair tale policies to tax people who are better of than them.

Isn't it bertie's/enda's fairytale policies that have us in the mess we're in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Sinn Féin, the people who say "26 counties" and "6 counties", but never "Ireland" and "Northern Ireland".
    Sinn Féin, the anti-everything party.
    I vote the opposite to Sinn Féin.

Shame on them and they will have to answer for these crimes to God.

you're hilarious.

Jesus, will someone do something about that new troll?

kincsem wrote: »
    I vote the opposite to Sinn Féin.

Independent thinking that.....

Isn't it bertie's/enda's fairytale policies that have us in the mess we're in?

It's the banks giving money to everyone and the lack of a proper regulator that got us here for the most part. But there are still people doing well and surviving. SF will burn bondholders, tell the IMF etc to fúck off etc and expect the country to survive? Or expect any of the 'Elite' to be left to pick up the bill?

• Advertisement
Advertisement