Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Reception

Options
  • 24-05-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Anyone else in the Park experiencing a loss of TV signal??? Trying to figure out if it's my box because the internet is working fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Mine is acting the maggot since last night. Haven't had a guide for nearly a day and some channels say there is a loss of signal.

I'm in the Wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yep, picture is breaking up a little this evening. Haven't been watching much yesterday so wouldn't know.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Could be to do with the new on demand feature that is due for release?

Teething problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

OK thanks guys for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

rang upc earlier; problem with UPC in Greystones/Kilcoole/Charlesland.

• Advertisement

small pace box is acting up badly - the on screen display of the EPG is messed up...all lines and flickery. Something definitely up with it.

DD9090 wrote: »
    Could be to do with the new on demand feature that is due for release?

Teething problems?

Perhaps we are getting the RTE player???
    http://www.rte.ie/blogs/digital/2012/05/22/rte-player-available-on-upc/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

or more likely on demand upgrades:
    http://www.upc.ie/on_demand_tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Greystones isn't get the on-demand until August

keith123 wrote: »
    Greystones isn't get the on-demand until August

I'm sure the MMDS problem will strike again and it will not be available to us.

• Advertisement

I fear the same Damo - the hybrid stuff doesn't give us everything that cabled areas such as Dublin but thinking it through surely the set-top boxes which are connected to the same cable as the broadband, will be able to send and receive the necessary signals over the broadband connection - this is what they are designed to do for the cabled areas.

As for the HD offering, MMDS only has so much capacity hence why we're not getting any HD. Once they properly connect the TV service, we'll be laughing compared to the rest of Greystones. This is a great service that Sky can't easily provide - just waiting for it to be available here though!

Bring on the Horizon box.

astrofluff wrote: »

Once they properly connect the TV service, we'll be laughing compared to the rest of Greystones.

Is this going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

I've given up waiting.

I've bought a Ferguson HD decoder and get BBC1 HD and ITV and Ch4 in HD (awesome) plus I bought a DTV aerial from Lidl for RTE etc. (Network 2 in 1080i) and am saving €25 a month. Anything outside of this I can watch online.

Keeping the broadband though :).

Is this going to happen?

AFAIK MMDS license will run out in 2014, and which stage either of the following happens a) the license does not get renewed and UPC have to actually connected the cable properly otherwise locing all the business, or b) the license is newed and we don't get full services.

The key thing here is that not renewing the license means that the spectrum MMDS is using will free up the frequencies which 4G can cover. Unless there's a delay with the mobile operators getting the 4G gear up and running, I don't see the MMDS lasting much longer than its current license.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I would say we will get full connectivity since they've made it to bray now we're only a stones throw away.

Was making some changes to my UPC service and enquired about the on-Demand, said that early-August is listed but might have to finished end of this month!

Was making some changes to my UPC service and enquired about the on-Demand, said that early-August is listed but might have to finished end of this month!

Did you ask when do they intend on cabling the area up?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

My UPC TV signal went again today (charlesland court) at 2.30pm, told their is some kindlestown junction maintenance happening and service will be back at 3.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

The colour on my UPC box is gone all weird this evening - is anyone else having this problem? Its like theres too much yellow in the colour mix or something? (I've checked other sources and its not the TV -- DVD etc all working fine).

Did you ask when do they intend on cabling the area up?

Was tempted to ask, but I thought it might be a bit much for them to know that answer. I suppose if you don't ask, you don't get. Next time there's something up, I'll glean some more info from them.

• Advertisement

We are not on the UPC rollout list for on demand. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

When you say on demand are you talking about digital+? We tried to upgrade our package to get this and were told we couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

OnDemand? Of course we're not on the Roll Out list. :confused: Sure, we're not even HD enabled even though we are all HD READY!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Langerland wrote: »
    OnDemand? Of course we're not on the Roll Out list. :confused: Sure, we're not even HD enabled even though we are all HD READY!;)

And yet I get a letter yesterday telling me of all the upgrades that everyone else has got, except us i.e. On Demand, faster download speeds now at 30Mb etc. and it's now going to cost more.

Advertisement