Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead - Season 3 [AMC - US | No Comic Book Discussion!!] **Spoilers!**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Oh look. Random links I have to click on to find out what they are.

Give us a hint Richard.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mairzydoats

This show needs a massive improvement in season three or it will lose at least one viewer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

AMC will be giving fans a preview to season 3 on July 7th & 8th

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2012/05/the-walking-dead-preview-weekend.php

I started reading the comics lately and up to book 22. I have a feeling Season 3 is definitely going to be a step up from the 1st two. They have a lot of interesting story lines to play with.

Saying that, AMC already left out some great stories from the comics so who knows what we will get.

twd-s3-michonne-first-look-560.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Season 3 doesn't start till October. Bit early for the spoiler thread, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

When is this back on rte? It's being over a yr

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Season 3 doesn't start till October. Bit early for the spoiler thread, in fairness.

Ya but you can expect plenty of pre-show spoilery type spoilers and info.....so ;)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/walking-dead-season-3-new-promotional.html

www.skybound.com/skybound/2012/5/23/robert-kirkman-answers-7-questions-with-sina-grace.html

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Walking-Dead-David-Morrissey-1048228.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭James McNulty

Hard to take the Governor character seriously from that picture because the guy behind him looks as gay as Xmas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Was thinking the exact same thing, the Governor and his right hand twink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah my first thought was a younger Lesley Chow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Michonne and the governor is great an all but where the hell is Merle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Michonne and the governor is great an all but where the hell is Merle?
    He is back

And the link as proof, taken from TV line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

He is back

And the link as proof, taken from TV line

pic of him in season 3
    heres-merle-alive-and-well-check-out-his-sheathed-hand.jpg

After reading book 29, I cannot see how they will show the Governor doing some of the stuff he does in the comic, no way!

If AMC do have the balls to show it, The Governor will be a more hated character than Geoffrey! Can't wait for season 3!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Hard to take the Governor character seriously from that picture because the guy behind him looks as gay as Xmas...

he is a Gaylord :P

Got one of my answers about a particular brutal scene between 2 characters. "We're not going to get soft now. However, we'll do things on our own time, or when it makes sense for the show". In other words, they will not be showing that scene! I'm on book 36 but glad the tv show isn't following the comics exactly. Will be nice to see whats done differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I thought Merle was going to be The Governor, but judging by the poster - not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Ah its gone, anyone else got another link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

walkingdead.jpg?54b313

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

ryoishin wrote: »
    Ah its gone, anyone else got another link?
    Season 2 started good, and ended pretty well, but dear god the middle 6/7/8 episodes left a bad enough taste in my mouth that whilst I'll give Season 3 a go, if it doesn't show promise by episodes 2/3 I'll be gone. I'm actually hoping that all the behind-the-scenes nonsense that happened during development of season 2 was the cause for the shows ropeyness in that middle-portion & the new series will show a clean slate & confident production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Season 2 started good, and ended pretty well, but dear god the middle 6/7/8 episodes left a bad enough taste in my mouth that whilst I'll give Season 3 a go, if it doesn't show promise by episodes 2/3 I'll be gone.

It begins! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

leggo wrote: »
    It begins! :D
    This time I mean it! (shut up, the guy snickering at the back) Naw, I kept watching s2 because I foolishly thought the Farm / missing-girl plot would be resolved, or at least evolve somehow; didn't think it would drag all the way through the 10 episodes. "Fool me once..." and all that.

Season 3-->Prison
    Season 4-->Walmart
    Season 5-->Bowling Alley

^^^Not really, but are they just gonna keep picking a place now and have a few eps with new people, not getting on with new people, betrayed by new people with a few zombies thrown in?

pixelburp wrote: »
    This time I mean it! (shut up, the guy snickering at the back) Naw, I kept watching s2 because I foolishly thought the Farm / missing-girl plot would be resolved, or at least evolve somehow; didn't think it would drag all the way through the 10 episodes. "Fool me once..." and all that.

Dude, it's like Falling Skies....no matter how bad it gets, you keep tuning in ;)

[so'k....i'm the same]

Dude, it's like Falling Skies....no matter how bad it gets, you keep tuning in ;)

[so'k....i'm the same]
    Well no, Falling Skies was awful from the get-go & gave up on that early enough. I ducked into series 2, saw it was still rubbish, left again. I have this mad theory that if a TV show isn't very good & lacks any redeeming qualities, you should stop watching, life's too short to waste on bad TV; but in Walking Dead's case I ultimately gave it a pass because of all the ructions that happened behind the cameras & felt there was a decent show trying to clamber out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

zombie survival vehicle, wonder if this is gonna be in season 3

http://www.imdb.com/comic-con/photos/comic-con-2012-preview-rm298822400

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

^^^In b4 it was deleted.:p

No need to watch Season 3 at all after that:eek:

Season 3 of The Walking Dead will premiere Sunday, October 14th.

http://tvline.com/2012/07/13/the-walking-dead-comic-con-2012/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Season 3 of The Walking Dead will premiere Sunday, October 14th.

http://tvline.com/2012/07/13/the-walking-dead-comic-con-2012/

US or UK date ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

US I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    US I'd imagine

Cheers,

cant open links on a work pc and couldnt wait till i get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

looks brilliant. the prison looks very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

omg - was giddy this morning when they posted this on digitalspy - looks like it's going to be a roaring great series - cannot wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

comic con 2012 panel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1R0e4EcM7g&feature=channel&list=UL x 3

ha first thing Sarah Wayne Callies says, "i know some of you are mad at me"

and her response is at the very end of the third part

Well it's certainly a string trailer & hints at lots of new tensions: it's all very well having a show based in the zombie apocalypse, but ultimately the real horror & drama has been because of the inevitable conflicts between the surviving humans; pick a zombie story and that's where it nearly always goes.
    Whatever else series 2 lacked, it needed some form of a human aggressor, not omg-moar-zombies. I'm sure The Governor will provide that - and clearly his little community from the trailer will be some form of tinpot dictatorship; it's ripe for plotlines.

Kinda worried about the lack of Hershel in the trailer, especially during the scenes in the prison. He grew on me, seemed to genuinely grow as a character, and with Dale gone he seemed liked a good replacement for being the voice of reason & conscience (but knew how to handle himself)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I got a BIG hug for Merle Dixon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Problem is, trailer for last season looked amazing, even posted it on my facebook page telling everyone how great it was going to be, We saw how that turned out, stupid characters combined with stupid writing=waste of great potential in a tv show.

New trailer once again looks great but how great will it actually be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Dallas Roberts has joined
    The actor will play the right-hand man of David Morrissey’s Governor
    Roberts’ character Milton “is the details guy,” executive producer Robert Kirkman tells the site. “He’s the guy … who is monitoring all situations and is trying to help the Governor make sense of this world that they’re living in. He’s not exactly a scientist, but he’s a smart guy that is trying to find out how zombies behave.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

New webisodes out! Much better than the last batch. Can't view them on the AMC site but this guy has uploaded them to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/selenesilk?feature=watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Had a thought that if each season takes place over the course of a couple of weeks, they are probably going to have get rid of Carl soon, since the actor will age too fast. I hope so anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

anyone and idea when its back on fx?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

edellc wrote: »
    anyone and idea when its back on fx?

From Wikipedia:
    Season 3 will be split into two halves with the first 8 episodes set to premiere on October 14, 2012, and the other 8 episodes to air in early spring 2013.

So the first one airs next Sunday in the US by my admittedly wobbly calculations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Questions

I don't have FX channel on my cable package :mad:

So

how long before it is on RTE?

or

Is there some way I can watch it on AMC on the web for free
    legally of course? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Folks,

I hear October 14th being mentioned as the start date for the next series...but I think that's just America.

When will we see it in Ireland? What channel?

Don't want to miss it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement