Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead - Season 3 [AMC - US | No Comic Book Discussion!!] **Spoilers!**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've walked this thread over to the new forum. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Mr E wrote: »
    I've walked this thread over to the new forum. :)

229197.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So is this thread staying put, or will it be deleted for per-episode threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

pixelburp wrote: »
    So is this thread staying put, or will it be deleted for per-episode threads?

Personally I would prefer a thread for each episode... that's just one per week and judging by this thread we would have a few pages each week so enough to justify a thread. And it would stop us going off topic or skipping between episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thread for each new episode moving forward.

If you think I'm splitting this thread into individual episodes, you can flip off. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Thread for each new episode moving forward.

If you think I'm splitting this thread into individual episodes, you can flip off. :)

Sorry that's what I meant! I don't expect anyone to wade through this thread retrospectively!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

so someone gonna start a thread for tonights episode?

retalivity wrote: »
    so someone gonna start a thread for tonights episode?

Just did one... I took care not to put in anything that would need a spoiler, all opinions outside last weeks synopsis are my own and not based on anything read online or previews etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Grimebox wrote: »
    She must have got very lucky by guessing that number

Less so if it's a multiline phone system and the other phones in the system are on 2 or 3 digit extensions. She could just try all of them. Seems odd that it would still be operational though. They turned the power back off after killing that guy, right?

• Advertisement

Anachrony wrote: »
    Less so if it's a multiline phone system and the other phones in the system are on 2 or 3 digit extensions. She could just try all of them. Seems odd that it would still be operational though. They turned the power back off after killing that guy, right?

Yea, they turned off the generator again.
    That type of phone does not need mains power to work.

Remember in Season 1 Episode 1, Rick goes to some guy's house with a kid and their wife is outside?
    She didn't behave like the others.
    Here's a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM1p87zlCXQ
    At 0:35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Remember in Season 1 Episode 1, Rick goes to some guy's house with a kid and their wife is outside?
    She didn't behave like the others.
    Here's a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM1p87zlCXQ
    At 0:35

I forgot all about those two. I wonder will we see those again? (I haven't read the comics)

Oh how I hate Michonne and Andrea. I was really hoping they'd both leave and get eaten as soon as they left the compound!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 F.A.S.H

Dean09 wrote: »
    I forgot all about those two. I wonder will we see those again? (I haven't read the comics)

Oh how I hate Michonne and Andrea. I was really hoping they'd both leave and get eaten as soon as they left the compound!

Why hating Michonne? Most people seem to like her, as opposed to Andrea, whom the majority seem to despise

F.A.S.H wrote: »
    Why hating Michonne? Most people seem to like her, as opposed to Andrea, whom the majority seem to despise

It's the over-acting I think that annoys me. The constant tough-guy, surly face. And the way she walks reeeaallllyyy slowly everywhere! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 F.A.S.H

It's the over-acting I think that annoys me. The constant tough-guy, surly face. And the way she walks reeeaallllyyy slowly everywhere! :D

True, and she always reminds me of Whoopy Goldberg, i think it's the dreadlocks. I do like her character in some ways, unlike the other major female characters, she does not need anybody else, or let her emotions take over. She's got a fantastic weapon and an air of mystery that keeps us wanting more. Michonne also seems to be far more resourceful than anyone else we have seen, using the walkers as pack mules and possibly a deterrent. I hope we see more of her background......:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

irish son wrote: »
    When Rick was beginning to stab the zombie I thought he was doing it to get her wedding ring, I didnt really get his repeated stabbing, the suggestion about blaming the baby is a good shout. He hasnt interacted with her yet, maybe he will shun her.

Was this zombie supposed to be stuffed after eating Lori? If so, what was the point in digging the 3 graves if there was nothing to bury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

nc6000 wrote: »
    Was this zombie supposed to be stuffed after eating Lori? If so, what was the point in digging the 3 graves if there was nothing to bury?

They started to dig the graves before they knew Lori was eaten. Parts of T-Dawg's body was still there, and they didn't know what happened to Carol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Just had a thought, what way is Carol going react when she discovers that they've "buried" her already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

nc6000 wrote: »

Its about honouring your dead. You may have noticed that they simply leave or burn dead walkers? Its to symbolise a difference between someone you care about dying and a walker or otherwise. Its a mark of respect common across a lot of cultures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just had a thought, what way is Carol going react when she discovers that they've "buried" her already?

They'll kill her thinking she's a zombie. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

What's the story with the three graves - don't understand that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

rocky1813 wrote: »
    One for Lori, one for T-Dog, and one for Carol (presumed dead at the time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

rocky1813 wrote: »

Symbolic graves (no bodies) for T-dog, Lori, and Carol.

Still annoys me that they just assumed Carol was dead, you'd imagine they'd go crazy looking for her until they found her, alive or dead.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Symbolic graves (no bodies) for T-dog, Lori, and Carol.

Still annoys me that they just assumed Carol was dead, you'd imagine they'd go crazy looking for her until they found her, alive or dead.

What annoyed me was that they got the prisoners to finish the grave digging... surely that defeats the purpose!

What annoyed me was that they got the prisoners to finish the grave digging... surely that defeats the purpose!

Why would it defeat the purpose. What do we use graves for? As a place to go and pay respect and remember the person. Daryl went to Carols grave with a Cherokee rose so it was serving its purpose alright.

None of us dig graves for our families and we think its fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

My understanding was that the prisoners offered to help? Acting as a gesture of respect and to try and merge the two groups?

The black guy hardly shot his fellow prisoner in the head for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I don't get why they actually dug holes though if they were just symbolic. Couldn't they just put down some headstones/markers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Is this tedium all we have to talk about? Really?

All three 'dead' would likely have some remains to bury.

The end.

Syferus wrote: »

In fairness, its the end of the world as we know it. Supplies are likely to be short, with a lack of fresh meat, and possibly a lack of fresh clean water.

Given the above, it would seem to make sense not to expend energy unless you have to.

Ive been interested in the food situation. Sure, tinned stuff and dried stuff is still to be found, and the odd owl or squirrel or rabbit, but surely food search would be taking up far more of their time and they would be slowly getting skinnier?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Ive been interested in the food situation. Sure, tinned stuff and dried stuff is still to be found, and the odd owl or squirrel or rabbit, but surely food search would be taking up far more of their time and they would be slowly getting skinnier?
    I agree but then the show would be very boring to watch. I assume the writers are suspending a few things to allow the story to move along.

Personally I would have a big map and be doing foraging trips every 2-3 days. yes they have the prison food supplies, but at least go find what else is out there. So many stores/malls that could hold supplies. Stay way from private houses as perhaps easier to have walker sneak up on you.

Part of me wonders why going back to the farm wasn't an option they took. (Granted I realise the the herd attack was a catylst for the exciting scenario in Season 3)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

The end.

They didn't have a body for Carol or Lori...

Tenger wrote: »
    Part of me wonders why going back to the farm wasn't an option they took. (Granted I realise the the herd attack was a catylst for the exciting scenario in Season 3)

They seem to believe that the walkers that attacked were part of a wave spanning miles like a line that they can't cross.

They seem to believe that the walkers that attacked were part of a wave spanning miles like a line that they can't cross.

Is it not that the farm is not safe from hordes of zombies, the fences simply wouldnt be able to cope with masses of them - but the prison fences can?

Is it not that the farm is not safe from hordes of zombies, the fences simply wouldnt be able to cope with masses of them - but the prison fences can?

Now that they've found the prison, yea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

If they locked down the prison properly, then that's by far the safest place for them. Until food runs out.
    They would have to keep going on runs to get food but eventually the area around them will run dry of food and they'll have to expand the search further and further.
    They would eventually have to move on, and I reckon the next safest place would be to somehow find another prison that isn't over-run by walkers. Failing that, head as far north as possible and try get to a cabin high up in the mountains and hunt their food.

If they locked down the prison properly, then that's by far the safest place for them. Until food runs out.
    They would have to keep going on runs to get food but eventually the area around them will run dry of food and they'll have to expand the search further and further.

The could go the route of the old BBC Survivors and start cultivating crops and raising animals and become self sufficient within the walls.

Wonder what the story is with a water supply in the prison?

Or, the could go to an island, a big island, like Nassau and de-walker it and then stay there?

Or, the could go to an island, a big island, like Nassau and de-walker it and then stay there?

True.
    I think getting there would be the big problem though. With such a small group now including a newborn baby and an old man with one leg, I think venturing outside the prison at this stage would be a suicide mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

The end.

Well, Carol is intact. Unless you count a headscarf as remains.

• Advertisement

Wonder what the story is with a water supply in the prison?

I'm not sure if they have running water. When they were eating at a table in the prison they were all drinking bottled water.
    Although now that I think of it, Rick was filthy and covered in blood until he snapped out of it after the phonecalls, and then he emerged fresh as a daisy and looked showered.

I noticed that, wonder where he got showered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

True.
    I think getting there would be the big problem though. With such a small group now including a newborn baby and an old man with one leg, I think venturing outside the prison at this stage would be a suicide mission.

Speaking of the one legged man and the baby - youd have to be considering what could get you killed, and weak links in the group could. I know Herschel is fairly lively with the crutches and giving walkers a smack - but genuinely, you couldnt be going back to help him or you are at risk yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

In any kind of emergency situation, even if there was a fire in a public place, the disabled or anyone who would be perceived as potentially slowing down the majority should be left until last to evacuate. In that kind of situation, the attention switches from "How do we save everyone?" to "How do we ensure the most people possible survive?" Compromise that and you risk the safety of everyone.

So, if you want to look at it realistically, Herschel shouldn't be moved unless he's in immediate danger and, only then, as long as helping him doesn't risk anyone else's safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm fairly sure Herschel already made the comment that they could plant within the prison's fences, those yards are fairly big and, as they're well fenced off with sniper towers every few hundred feet, should be easy enough to defend from anything but the largest of swarms, for which if you retreated into the buildings, should eventually pass by (perhaps a noise creator set a mile or so away from the prison that could be remotely triggered / accessed via a secure tunnel could be a useful defence mechanism for such a scenario).

Water could be collected from rainfall and / or recycled (using evaporation and filtration to re-use waste water).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

Thought that was the weakest episode yet this series....story line was all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Newaglish wrote: »
    They didn't have a body for Carol or Lori...

Did you ignore the 'likely' part of what I said? :pac:

Yes. Because we know for a fact it is incorrect. They did not "likely" have any remains of Carol, it is a fact that they didn't because she had all her bits on when we saw her. We also know that the corpse full of Lori is still in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

mrbrown69 wrote: »
    Thought that was the weakest episode yet this series....story line was all over the place

Last weeks episode was probably the weakest in my opinion.
    Not much happened other than Rick going crazy, this week at least we got to see some fighting between Merle and Michonne, Merle kidnapping Glenn and Maggie, Rick getting his **** back together after the hallucination phone calls, and Michonne making her way to the prison.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

They would eventually have to move on, and I reckon the next safest place would be to somehow find another prison that isn't over-run by walkers. Failing that, head as far north as possible and try get to a cabin high up in the mountains and hunt their food.
    I agree that the prison is a safe spot but only against walkers. The fence can be breached by humans. With a decent water supply and a bit of land to grow pulses and cereals they could 'survive' indefinitely.

The farm was self sufficient so no reason why they could not do similar with the prison. Even the crops could be planted outside the fences. (assuming they can get seed from somewhere)

As for the mountain idea, while I agree in principle there is not evidence that the walkers get slowed by colder climes (as per 'World War Z')

• Advertisement
Advertisement