Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead - Season 3 [AMC - US | No Comic Book Discussion!!] **Spoilers!**

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Syferus wrote: »

Did you ignore the 'likely' part of what I said? :pac:

I don't get what you mean by it. You.said they "likely"'buried their remains and I.said they didn't as there are no.remains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Do you we think the phone call was Rick hallucinating or is someone from the governors outfit making the calls..

Remember those books in his office with all the numbers? Phone numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

T-K-O wrote: »
    Do you we think the phone call was Rick hallucinating or is someone from the governors outfit making the calls..

Remember those books in his office with all the numbers? Phone numbers?

Did you see the last episode? I thought it was explained who was on the other end of the phone? :confused:

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Did you see the last episode? I thought it was explained who was on the other end of the phone? :confused:

One episode behind..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

One episode behind..

Ep.6 will inform you.....

Due to spoilers I would advise you not to read this thread until you see the episode. I am usually a week behind so stay away till I see the latest episode.

Tenger wrote: »
    Ep.6 will inform you.....

Due to spoilers I would advise you not to read this thread until you see the episode. I am usually a week behind so stay away till I see the latest episode.

Cheers tenger..

One episode behind..

Ah, glad I didn't say anything spoilerish then! Enjoy ep.6 so! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

just watched episode 6 and i have to say the show has had a remarkable return to form since the dip in season 2. brilliant stuff altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

E 8 Wow wow...Stunning

award winning television right there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

February cannot come soon enough. Arguably the best episode of tv I've seen this year, brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm gonna have withdrawal symptoms waiting till Feb for the next episode.
    Brilliant first half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

That was brilliant!

Are we ok to blurt spoilers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Boooo to season breaks Boooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

That was brilliant!

Are we ok to blurt spoilers?

Yes, There is a spoiler warning in the title and the episode has been aired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU 2 month wait! Watching the clips at the end just got my heart racing.

...those scenes with that chunk of glass hanging out of the Governors eye had me in horrid, can't-look-away-fron-this-car-crash fascination.

And Andrea is a twat. "Oh, you had a fishtank full of animated heads and a wee zombie girl prisoner, can't imagine why Michonne was after you. After all, we f*cked and now I wubs you."

Maggie: "RIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!"
    Rick: "DARYYYYYYYYYLLLL!"
    Andrea: I have absolutely no idea who these raiders could possibly be despite the names being shouted all over the place, or why you're using increasingly pathetic excuses to keep me away from the baddies, but I am no longer bad ass and also slightly deaf so I will indeed go and cower indoors on request.

Andrea is becoming my new Lori. Put on the red shirt, Andrea McTraitorface!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

What an episode!!!

That heart-beat type music they use makes it even more tense.

Andrea is a tool!

Also noticed every time a black guy dies, a new one conveniently appears!

Hahaha, us too! We have named him Three-Dawg.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Also noticed every time a black guy dies, a new one conveniently appears!

It's like highlander. There can be only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bombbastic22

Gammy representation of the comic book Andrea!! She is such a dumb ass!

I hope she gets eaten alive soon! muh-ha-ha

Starting to get jittery already without a new episode this week. Think ill pretend I'm a walker and bite a chunk out of the gf just to take the edge off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Dean09 wrote: »
    Starting to get jittery already without a new episode this week. Think ill pretend I'm a walker and bite a chunk out of the gf just to take the edge off.

I'm not sure that's exactly what she meant ya know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Why is there a mid -season break, whats the corporate logic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Why is there a mid -season break, whats the corporate logic?

I dont know but would imagine it allows time to produce a longer season?

Is it a feature of AMC - theyve done it with Breaking Bad as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I dont know but would imagine it allows time to produce a longer season?

Is it a feature of AMC - theyve done it with Breaking Bad as well?

Is it not something that was brought in after the writers strike a few years ago, so they don't loose whole series in case it happens again.

I know The Big Bang Theory only do a handful of episodes at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Remember when ITV/UTV used to start a film at 21:00
    and then break for a 30-40 minute news show at 22:00
    :rolleyes:

Remember when ITV/UTV used to start a film at 21:00
    and then break for a 30-40 minute news show at 22:00
    :rolleyes:

I actually think they still do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Mid Season break - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiatus_(television)

Sweeps - http://www.frankwbaker.com/sweeps.htm

Basically, they make fewer shows per season, so they have to be stretched, and to take advantage of when more people will watch them, making advertising cost more, etc.

Good god, I just watched this and it was very disappointing.

Andrea still doesn't realise the Governor ain't such a nice guy - how could she be so dumb? How?

Rick is not very keen on Michonne even though it's pretty obvious she's a friend and not a foe.

Rick's descent into madness isn't particularly convincing.

Finally, there's far too much sentimentality going on. Very Eastenders -ish ............again. It seems like they may have used up all their budget on the first half of the season.

I'm starting to lose interest in this series in a big way, this is one viewer who may well be tuning out before too long.

It's a shame really, as there is no shortage of decent story lines in the comic..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Good god, I just watched this and it was very disappointing.

Andrea still doesn't realise the Governor ain't such a nice guy - how could she be so dumb? How?

Rick is not very keen on Michonne even though it's pretty obvious she's a friend and not a foe.

Rick's descent into madness isn't particularly convincing.

Finally, there's far too much sentimentality going on. Very Eastenders -ish ............again. It seems like they may have used up all their budget on the first half of the season.

I'm starting to lose interest in this series in a big way, this is one viewer who may well be tuning out before too long.

It's a shame really, as there is no shortage of decent story lines in the comic..........

While I do enjoy the show, I can admit it's pretty poor in a lot of areas and agree with you. None of this is a surprise to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭meitina

Does anyone else got the feeling that prison is being watched by somebody???CCTV???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Not a great episode, the adrenaline shot towards the end can't really change that. But at least now Merle should be able to provide some interesting group dynamics. Glenn is pretty much in perpetual PMS mode, least favourite character in the show. Somehow Carol has become one of the most compelling female leads. I'm not sure if that's a testament to how far she's come or if it's because of how rubbish all the other women are. Maybe it's both.

Every single one of them can head shot a walker when they try to take one out, yet couldn't hit a barn door when they are in a firefight. That end scene was really irritating.

shizz wrote: »
    Every single one of them can head shot a walker when they try to take one out, yet couldn't hit a barn door when they are in a firefight. That end scene was really irritating.

Walkers don't shoot back ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Yeah and they also don't move as fast as humans. Did think the shoot out went on for a few mins too long, but I was just glad to FINALLY see some action.

Also, Hershal insisting they move on from the prison- dude, you have ONE LEG and a newborn. Terrible idea, stop drawing attention to it when you're the one who'll slow everyone down and get them killed.

Yeah they don't. But that doesn't take away from the fact that every shot they take at a walker is a head shot but they cant shoot a guy in any place while he is standing up on a balcony with no cover for ages.

I know there is a difference between the two but that scene was really frustrating watching every bullet miss wildly. Then as soon as they start taking out walkers they have good aim again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah they don't. But that doesn't take away from the fact that every shot they take at a walker is a head shot but they cant shoot a guy in any place while he is standing up on a balcony with no cover for ages.

I know there is a difference between the two but that scene was really frustrating watching every bullet miss wildly. Then as soon as they start taking out walkers they have good aim again.

How are they supposed to aim accurately knowing if the stick their head out too far the other guy with an automatic rifle might hit them?

With walkers, even at a much shorter distance, they have more time to aim and take the shot. Being fired on, they simply don't have time to try and aim. Plus, none of them are properly trained, only being taught by Rick (and a bit by Shane and Daryl probably). They've gotten used to using guns, but against walkers, not in a shootout. And Rick couldn't aim properly because he couldn't stick his head up too high from his position.

Walkers are much easier to shoot at because they're a lot slower and can't hurt you from a few feet away. It's hugely different when pitted against a human with more training, the element of surprise, more organised backup and a better gun.

Penn wrote: »
    How are they supposed to aim accurately knowing if the stick their head out too far the other guy with an automatic rifle might hit them?

With walkers, even at a much shorter distance, they have more time to aim and take the shot. Being fired on, they simply don't have time to try and aim. Plus, none of them are properly trained, only being taught by Rick (and a bit by Shane and Daryl probably). They've gotten used to using guns, but against walkers, not in a shootout. And Rick couldn't aim properly because he couldn't stick his head up too high from his position.

Walkers are much easier to shoot at because they're a lot slower and can't hurt you from a few feet away. It's hugely different when pitted against a human with more training, the element of surprise, more organised backup and a better gun.

I'm completely aware that there is a difference between walkers and a human with a gun. However, they let that fire fight go on for far too long IMO.

If you look back at the scene and see the guy standing on the lookout tower its easy to see how someone could take him down from the position they were in when Maggie split from the little group to cover behind the filing cabinets as he was then split between two targets. Not to mention that that guy seemed to be the only threat to the three of them at that position.

In any case it was nice to have some action again. I just felt that they included too many miss fires and dragged it out significantly.

I'd agree with you Shizz to a certain extent. I turned to my gf in the middle of the shootout and just said what the **** is going on?! Too many bad aims and yeah, it did go on too long.

It's only after the episode I said fair enough, they were being shot at and were afraid to really stick their neck out. But the length of the scene is just down to poor editing or something like that I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I'm completely aware that there is a difference between walkers and a human with a gun. However, they let that fire fight go on for far too long IMO.

If you look back at the scene and see the guy standing on the lookout tower its easy to see how someone could take him down from the position they were in when Maggie split from the little group to cover behind the filing cabinets as he was then split between two targets. Not to mention that that guy seemed to be the only threat to the three of them at that position.

In any case it was nice to have some action again. I just felt that they included too many miss fires and dragged it out significantly.

Yeah the fire fight went on a little long but I'd argue it was a more accurate description of a fire fight than usually shown on tv. No-one wants to pop their head up too long when bullets are flying. The fear of being hit would override the attempt to get a decent shot off.

The guy in the tower(how did he get up there??) had a great vantage point to pin down the people below until Maggie split and armed the group. Once that happened he was picked off quite quickly.

As said by someone else the whole attack by the Governor just looked like an attempt to cause panic within the group and not a serious attempt at gaining control of the prison. Revenge for the group doing the same in Woodbury with the smoke bombs and breaching their barriers to allow walkers in.

• Advertisement

walkers don't shoot back man! ;-)

you're like me - full of criticism but somehow still watching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

It would have been cool if Axel wasn't shot in the head and Carol's human shield turned into a zombie shield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

watch this paleyfest panel and see if you have any more sympathy for andrea, the actress is certainly aware of the hate and is not impressed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJjqceegR48

If you don't want to watch the whole hour and a half (and you should, because it's great), Laurie Holden talks about her experiences with the public reatcions to Andrea at 1 hour 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

criticism if michonne at 21 mins

andrea at 23min and at 48min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I really enjoyed that episode, a bit disappointed Morgan didn't go back with them, hopefully its not the last we see of him. Michonne is getting some character development, whether thats good or bad I'm not sure.. (death ensues upon development).

And for those interested, this episode was written by the guy who will be the new show runner for season 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just to be clear - ye are aware these are weekly episode discussion threads?

Advertisement