Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead - Season 3 [AMC - US | No Comic Book Discussion!!] **Spoilers!**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 growmyfans

boobar wrote: »
    Folks,

I hear October 14th being mentioned as the start date for the next series...but I think that's just America.

When will we see it in Ireland? What channel?

Don't want to miss it!

Its airing in the States on the 14th (Sunday) and will be on FX on the 19th (next Friday) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

growmyfans wrote: »
    Its airing in the States on the 14th (Sunday) and will be on FX on the 19th (next Friday) :D

What if you don't have FX channel?

What then eh ah ? ;)

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

growmyfans wrote: »

Great stuff GrowmyFans, thanks for posting.

I reckon this series is going to be a treat and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 17 growmyfans

boobar wrote: »
    Great stuff GrowmyFans, thanks for posting.

I reckon this series is going to be a treat and a half

Your welcome :)

I honestly can't wait to see it....I have huge expectations for this series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Season 3 comes out this Sunday in the USA, so I know what I'm watching on Monday! Let's face it, this one can't be less boring than spending 80% of the time on a bleedin' farm, can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

I do think there will be alot more action, the farm made it pretty bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The third season of AMC's Zombie drama series The Walking Dead will receive its UK premiere on FX UK on Friday October 19th at 10pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The third season of AMC's Zombie drama series The Walking Dead will receive its UK premiere on FX UK on Friday October 19th at 10pm
    this bought to you by JP Liz V1, stay classy boards.ie;)

it should hopefully be better again this season, no squabbling going on in the background between the show-runner the studio and AMC, the show improved a lot from season 1 and now hopefully with everything in the background more settled i expect season 3 to be the be the season which will show just how good this show can be:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

[QUOTE=Yakuza;81218465 Let's face it, this one can't be less boring [/QUOTE]

This is supposed to be couldn't be more boring right? Unless you thought the farm was riveting stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Im just hoping they go on the move again. Even if the writing isnt up to much, the very fact that they may be in a new environment every couple of episodes would stop the rot that set in last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

looking forward to seeing Merle back (Michael Rooker).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This should be merged with the larger thread on this subject, it's only a few posts below this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

What if you don't have FX channel?

What then eh ah ? ;)

:eek:

late-Spring/early-Summer 2013 on Channel 5

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/09/channel-5-closes-deal-to-acquire-free-to-air-rights-to-the-walking-dead-season-3/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

When I was on holidays last month, I caught up with the graphic novel.

Issue #100 was perhaps the most upsetting thing I've read / seen in a long time!

(if you haven't seen it, don't bother looking it up. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! But Robert Kirkman is f*cked... brilliant, but seriously f*cked! :D)

Looking forward to this season due to the Governor..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What comic is the show on at the moment?

Also, I've heard that tonights show will be streamed on amcs website, all you have to do is register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Also, I've heard that tonights show will be streamed on amcs website, all you have to do is register.

says on amc

This is a one-time only event for DISH customers
    Switch TV providers now to see the rest of Season 3 of The Walking Dead.

only for dish, whatever dish is ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm on comic 102 and kirkman gets some amount of hate mail especially for 100. Reading the novel 'rise of the governor' and the tv show has a lot to live up to with his character.

roll on tomorrow which could potentially be the start of an epic season of telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

says on amc

This is a one-time only event for DISH customers
    Switch TV providers now to see the rest of Season 3 of The Walking Dead.

only for dish, whatever dish is ?

I think they said the same thing with BrBa. But I don't remember registering for that. I'll try and find more information.

They arrived in the prison at Issue #13.

But the TV show is not following the comic that closely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

but i believe its region specific, you cant even watch videos on amc from ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm on comic 102 and kirkman gets some amount of hate mail especially for 100. Reading the novel 'rise of the governor' and the tv show has a lot to live up to with his character.

roll on tomorrow which could potentially be the start of an epic season of telly.

I've been reading the comics since they first came out. Without a doubt the best thing about them is the fact that no-one, not even Rick, is safe from Kirkman's genius twisted mind.

I think 100 was particularly hard for some people bacause we had grown so close to certain characters ( you know who I mean ) who featured so much more heavily in the TV show than they do in the comic book. If there was no TV show then I dont think what he did in 100 would have caused as much of an uproar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, there are a 100+ issues of this comic? I find that slightly nuts, I wouldn't think the premise was strong enough to keep going for that long.

My understanding is that the TV show isn't following the comics, outside of keeping the characters broadly intact (although even then the show deviates from their comic equivalents in some major ways)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

This looks so cool.
    The new chick with the 2 pet zombies and Merle is back. Hope he took his happy pills this time.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wait, there are a 100+ issues of this comic? I find that slightly nuts, I wouldn't think the premise was strong enough to keep going for that long.
    It's been running for 9 years this month.. at an issue each month.

Oh, Robert Kirkman is well capable of keeping it interesting. It's stronger now than it's ever been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

one more hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Well, that was pretty good!
    Why did nobody (including herschel himself) question rick when he went to amputate him?
    is it just the whole control he has over everyone? Whatever rick says, goes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

that was deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Awesome episode, if it keeps up like this we're in for a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Enjoyed that. Glad its back.

Delighted and shocked that they mentioned the possibility of the baby eating it's way out of her. :p I mean, we were all thinking it but I never thought they would ever voice that possibility on the show.....it's a pretty dark idea.

Cutting the leg off was a neat idea. He is realistically just going to turn anyway or die from infection.

I am slightly baffled by the Rick / Lori situation however. Why is he suddenly so cold with her?

I mean, she deserves it etc. etc. but he already forgave her last season for sleeping with shane and gave the impression he didn't care whose baby it was. Then he killed shane but admitted he wanted to do that anyway so he is hardly blaming her for that. I dunno. So it just seems like a bit of a creative turn-around. Friction for frictions sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Great ep, really enjoyed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

good episode, enjoyed it, ending was great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Anyone else notice how there was literally no dialogue for the first 5 mins of the episode. Pretty cool.

I think we're starting to see more of the comic book tone creeping into the show. And about bloody time too. Rick has finally grown a pair and Carl is slowly turning into the badass we want to see him becoming instead of being so bloody annoying. So many people who have never read the comic book hate Carl so I hope they stick with this transformation for him.

Apparently the Prison/Governer storylines are expected to span 2 seasons, so hopefully they wont drag the ass out of it like they did with sophia and the farm.

Also for the comic book fans, what do you think are the chances of seeing Darryl in the comic books? Kirkman has hinted at it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

<Mod Snip>

No downloads!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭twistedsoul

Was a great episode a lot more action in it then previous ones ! and the ending was good cant wait for the next one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Well as a lover of the comics and a critic of the shows failings in the past I've got to say I thought that was pretty damn good . From the dialogue free cold opening to the "holy ****" ending I was gripped ,the interseason time jump has allowed the writers to present us with a group who through trial and error seem to have honed their tactics to the point Carl is allowed to help clear houses , guns are fitted with adhoc silencers(i think they are adhoc anyways) but wherever possible they use knives machetes or poles to conserve ammo . The diff between the farm massacre with Hershals infinite ammo shotgun last season and now is night and day.

The writers also seem to have taken on board and dealt with certain gripes from last season like Carl's annoying wanderings(he now stays where he is told) and while Lori has a longer road to redemption in the eyes of both Rick(who gives her the cold shoulder all ep to my elation) and the audience she wasn't a complete c**t this ep so there is hope.

Really hope they can maintain this sort of quality throughout the season .

Fuk ya that was class!!

Yeah, the jump in time - probably about 3 months or so - was a good idea in moulding the group & making them finally behave like one; it's a cheap tactic to simply shoot the time forward, but it was the most effective way to get around the well-documented character deficiencies from last season; so at least it showed the writers took that much on-board. Some of it worked really well - as mentioned, the group were quite systematic and sensible, Carls maturity (and ability to do as he was told) was welcome, and T-Dog even got some lines! Other character changes didn't work so well & were a bit weird, specifically Carols intentional flirting with Daryl.

The prison setting was fantastic, frankly terrifying and you'd wonder what possessed them to think they could flush the prison out, supplies or no supplies. Surely finding some form of auxiliary power is a priority - they couldn't hope to clear out the prison in the dark. The Andrea / Michonne storyline was a little pointless & tbh I don't think the episode needed it - there was more than enough going on in the prison without that aside. I do hope
    Hershels ok and lives on - he was already rocking the beard so the peg-leg would complete his pirate look; plus he's the conscience of the group, he needs to live, for dramatic balance at least

All that said, given how strongly season 2 started, I'm still remaining cautious & intend to drop the show at the first sign of bad habits remaining (no matter how mitigating they were). So far so good, and look forward to seeing things pan out

Oh and the first episode already takes the award for "Most grissly TV gore of the year" for
    when the gaskmask is removed from the zombie
    . Ick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thought it was fantastic. I thought the farmyard setting was a bit sh*t from a narrative perspective, so it was great to see them holed up in a prison - much more opportunity for storylines in that setting.
    I really hope they don't slow to a crawl with progression, as was with the first half of season 2, but honestly I'm just glad Jon Beranthal is no longer in it (could not stand him and Shane was an ar*ehole anyway, so we ain't missing much not having his character in it).

The season 3 premiere is breaking all sorts of records, which bodes well for he show's future -
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/15/the-walking-dead-season-3-premiere-hits-series-high-ranks-as-biggest-basic-cable-telecast-ever-among-total-viewers/153085/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

good episode, better than a lot of the crap from last season. The prison makes for a much better setting.

So is cutting of Herchel's leg supposed to stop the infection or something? Can he survive despite being bitten. Hope he does survive, he is one of the better characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

tvnutz wrote: »
    good episode, better than a lot of the crap from last season. The prison makes for a much better setting.

So is cutting of Herchel's leg supposed to stop the infection or something? Can he survive despite being bitten. Hope he does survive, he is one of the better characters.

everyone is infected everyone who dies with a brainstem intact turns.
    rick says this at the "previously" bit
    "we're all infected; we all carry it"

z bites are posionious so he's trying to stop the poision rather than the infection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

just finished watching it now - can I just say in most unladylike language - O M F G - that ROCKED!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Does Hershel remind anyone else of Harvey Keitel's character in "From Dusk Till Dawn"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Haven't seen it yet but I'm glad the reviews are brilliant.

The ending of Season 1 when they were in that CDC place was great TV.

• Advertisement

nice to see season 3 kick off so well, after season 1 being so short and the issues with production last year, finally the show is looking like its gonna show its true potential in season 3,

the time jump was done well, maybe have one or two bits of info filled in, like how they ended up roaming around for a few months even though the prison was just over the hill, and how andrea and michonne ended up alone for so long,

i like that they seemed to act much smarter now and have bonded well as a group, the 2 or 3 quiet scenes were done well, no sounds being made as they quietly take out any walkers, and the suspension inside the prison was done very well,

also great to see it return to record viewing numbers again, its ridiculous that this pulls in more viewers than a lot of network TV shows, it goes to show that it could run for as long as they keep producing a good story, them numbers could half and the show would still be renewed, hard to believe this is on the same channel as Breaking Bad and Mad Men and pulls in 3 times their viewing figures

sunday has a great line up at the moment, with this Dexter and Homeland all to look forward to every money for the next 8 odd weeks:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

tvnutz wrote: »

they chopped the wrong leg off.

don ramo wrote: »

sunday has a great line up at the moment, with this Dexter and Homeland all to look forward to every money for the next 8 odd weeks:):):)

Plus Boardwalk Empire means Monday is telly night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Plus Boardwalk Empire means Monday is telly night!

And How I met your mother, some serious viewing to be had over the next few months.

I've never looked more forward to a Monday in all my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

A very promising opener which bodes well for the series.
    Comic book spoiler~ish -
    Having read all the comics the Prison arc with the Governor was the peak of the comic so far imo so I'm expecting an epic season.
    I'm liking the new intro also. It seems most of the cast get star billing on the main credits but Carol's character is relegated to the "Also starring" slot. I wonder if she'll be an early casualty.

Anyway good to see that their situation re lack of food and malnutrition hasn't seen any of the cast shedding a few pounds. :D

After the ending of the last series I was expecting the group to "miraculously" meet up with Andrea again straight away despite how implausible that would be. Good to see they didn't go that route although it did take them a whole winter to find the prison that was a stone's throw away from them at the end of the last series. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement