Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead - Season 3 [AMC - US | No Comic Book Discussion!!] **Spoilers!**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

sheehy83 wrote: »
    'rise of the governor'

Just finished re-reading it. Good read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Anyone else thinks he looks\sounds like liam neeson?

Not Liam Neeson exactly
    It's the image of James Cromwell ...
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000342/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Anyone else thinks he looks\sounds like liam neeson?

Spit of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

John_D80 wrote: »
    Its just poor writing in this instance. The writers haven't given her reason to be suspicious yet when it comes to woodbury. Very frustrating.

And anyone that thinks she wont be a central character this season? You're way off.

Blay wrote: »
    Stolen from YLYL;

5703426_460s.jpg

7nTnr.png

Daryl was every bit as sour faced and surly as Michonne when they were on the farm and temporarily safe , yet he despite that seasons failings was/is considered the best character in the show(**see above**). Do we need to know how he and merle grew up to understand their worldview now , did we need Daryl to spell it out to appreciate that character or do we just take it as read that their experiences shaped them ? . Don't get me wrong Daryl >>> Michonne and if we get to the end of the season and she is still essentially T-Dawg on the rag I'll jump on the bandwagon and **** on her and the writers from a great height but being that she has been in one and a half eps thus far I think it's abit early to be too hard on her or the writers .

donfers wrote: »
    the michonne character is terrible

for 7 or 8 months she's been roaming around a wasteland and a living hell, finally she finds a place where she gets security, food, even hot showers, tea and eggs and all she does is go around in a sulk the whole time with her seventh sesne psychopathic powers that she knows, she just knows that something is up and this badass hard as nails "I don't need no man" woman is a sister who is going to it for herself, such an annoying cliched representation of a character designed to appeal to fashionable demographics rather than create an interesting multi-dimensional character, yawn when shows start taking these kind of decisions it's bad news - however I will just have to put up with it for now as the rest of the show is pretty good although i'd agree with the poster who said the attack on the soldiers was not very plausible, i haven't seen the military go down so easily since I watched episodes of the a-team as a kid

You guys are being awful hard on her based on one full ep featuring her , were you really expecting a fully formed multi dimensional character right out of the gate ? As someone said maybe the writers are trying to build mystique around the character to make you wonder what could possibly have happened to her to make her so much more closed off then everyone else who would all be fairly traumatized too given the state of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

I like how the governor is power-hungry and that he'll eliminate
    anyone who is a threat to his power. Are the heads he keeps in the tanks like trophies to him or what ?

Daryl was every bit as sour faced and surly as Michonne when they were on the farm and temporarily safe , yet he despite that seasons failings was/is considered the best character in the show(**see above**). Do we need to know how he and merle grew up to understand their worldview now , did we need Daryl to spell it out to appreciate that character or do we just take it as read that their experiences shaped them ? . Don't get me wrong Daryl >>> Michonne and if we get to the end of the season and she is still essentially T-Dawg on the rag I'll jump on the bandwagon and **** on her and the writers from a great height but being that she has been in one and a half eps thus far I think it's abit early to be too hard on her or the writers .

You're seriously comparing Daryl to Michonne? If Daryl was ever dark and brooding it was a vehicle that carried a plot line. From day 1 Daryl has been an engaging and interesting fan favourite. Michonne..... so far has not.

Dont need to know her back story to determine an opinion on her as a character. She is surly, moody and to be honest boring to watch right now. But I hope that changes.

You guys are being awful hard on her based on one full ep featuring her , were you really expecting a fully formed multi dimensional character right out of the gate ? As someone said maybe the writers are trying to build mystique around the character to make you wonder what could possibly have happened to her to make her so much more closed off then everyone else who would all be fairly traumatized too given the state of the world.

I was expecting a character that would leave me wanting more. So far she has not had this effect on me at all. To date she has not really contributed anything other than beheading a few zombies and parading around with a perpetual frown. The few lines of dialogue she has had have been wooden and uninteresting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Overall I liked episode 3 but it has its flaws.

I sense the writers will wuss out with the governor. Having Merle there allows them to dilute the nastiness. The ending was a bit of a cop out too. There better be a damn good reason why he's like that.

Andrea's character has always been a bit off the wall. Not the most likeable but she has always had purpose unlike many other characters such as Daryl and T-Dawg

Jury is out on Michonne. We need more context. But anyone who has an team of zombies shackled to themself only a few feet apart is going to have something wrong with them. She carries a sword!

There is a big challenge for the writers ahead. We have had a full episode dedicated to the girls now and barely scratched the surface. Too many characters are now in the mix. The only way to deal with it is a cull

faceman wrote: »
    The only way to deal with it is a cull

Good call.

My moneys on Carol to go first.

You're seriously comparing Daryl to Michonne? If Daryl was ever dark and brooding it was a vehicle that carried a plot line. From day 1 Daryl has been an engaging and interesting fan favourite. Michonne..... so far has not.

Dont need to know her back story to determine an opinion on her as a character. She is surly, moody and to be honest boring to watch right now. But I hope that changes.

Yes I seriously am and as for " if Daryl was ever Dark and brooding " are you serious ?? are we watching the same show I've never seen anyone be so willfully miserable in my life . Daryl has become an engaging and interesting character over time (helped by the glimpse we got of his headspace in the merle hallucination mid season two) , but to say he was engaging from the start for any other reason then the crossbow/bike and the fact he was simply not as unlikable as the other character were at the time is bananas imo .
    I was expecting a character that would leave me wanting more. So far she has not had this effect on me at all. To date she has not really contributed anything other than beheading a few zombies and parading around with a perpetual frown. The few lines of dialogue she has had have been wooden and uninteresting.

Bolded the important part . you do realize taken together her 10 seconds in the season 2 finale her 5 minutes in episode 1 of season 3 and this episode she has maybe been on screen for 45 mins tops , like I said if nothing has changed by midseason fair enough but it's abit early to rush to judgment imo.

• Advertisement

Yes I seriously am and as for " if Daryl was ever Dark and brooding " are you serious ?? are we watching the same show I've never seen anyone be so willfully miserable in my life . Daryl has become an engaging and interesting character over time (helped by the glimpse we got of his headspace in the merle hallucination mid season two) , but to say he was engaging from the start for any other reason then the crossbow/bike and the fact he was simply not as unlikable as the other character were at the time is bananas imo .

Daryl has been the fan favourite since the very start of the show. And I personally have never found him 'unlikable'. You cant compare an original character like Daryl to Michonne. The reason he has been the favourite since so early on was that, whatever his demeanour, he was always interesting. Michonne just isn't.

So, instead of being engaging, her attitude just grates to be honest. In terms of impact in the third episode she took fifth billing behind The Governor, Merle, Andrea and the Doctor dude (cant remember his name), in that order. Not a great start for her.

the important part . you do realize taken together her 10 seconds in the season 2 finale her 5 minutes in episode 1 of season 3 and this episode she has maybe been on screen for 45 mins tops , like I said if nothing has changed by midseason fair enough but it's abit early to rush to judgment imo.

If you read my posts relating to her you will see i use the phrases 'so far', 'to date', 'I hope she changes'. So yes I am judging her on what we have seen up to now. My opinion will change if she does. But until then I dont like this character at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Good call.

My moneys on Carol to go first.

nope sweet and innocent Beth will defiantly go first id say

Daryl has been the fan favourite since the very start of the show. And I personally have never found him 'unlikable'. You cant compare an original character like Daryl to Michonne. The reason he has been the favourite since so early on was that, whatever his demeanour, he was always interesting. Michonne just isn't.

So, instead of being engaging, her attitude just grates to be honest. In terms of impact in the third episode she took fifth billing behind The Governor, Merle, Andrea and the Doctor dude (cant remember his name), in that order. Not a great start for her.

Personally I never found him unlikable either, the rest of the cast at the time well that's another story ,for me he was best by default , yes he was always cool ,Crossbow and harley and all, but he wasn't especially interesting until the hallucination and chereokee Rose eps , to me anyways.

You can compare them , they are both damaged archetypes just at different stages of development.

what does her place in the billing of the FIRST episode she has featured for more then 5 minutes in have to do with anything ?
    If you read my posts relating to her you will see i use the phrases 'so far', 'to date', 'I hope she changes'. So yes I am judging her on what we have seen up to now. My opinion will change if she does. But until then I dont like this character at all.

I'm in the same boat dude I found her 'tude tiresome too' they either need to give it a context or have her change it, I'm just not gonna s**t the bed over one ep ,I'm confident the writers(this season anyways) know what they are doing and are gonna address it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Just watched the new episode there. Anyone else find Michonne an absolutely awful character so far? The final scene wasn't great either but I can forgive unrealism like that. The consistently poor characters in this is really starting to annoy me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I don't understand what all the moaning about Michonne is for, I like the character.

She's very cautious and suspicious of the Governor and the Woodbury setup. Who wouldn't be in a world over run with zombies. God knows what she's seen in the past. Some people are just naturally suspicious and skeptical. Give her some time, I can see her becoming a good character.

As for the Governor, what a bad-ass. Expected it somewhat having read the comics. Will be nice to see him and Rick square up if and when they eventually meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the last scene

tumblr_mcoc0oAHzc1qlajcto1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The Michonne character is awful so far. Which is fine as we don't know what's going on in her head, I can forgive it.

However the actress herself is making things much worse. I get she's supposed to be suspicious but her hammy, over dramatic glares are more comical than serious. All she needs is a pair of sunglasses and she'd be as badly acted as Horatio Caine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Keyzer wrote: »
    I don't understand what all the moaning about Michonne is for, I like the character.

She's very cautious and suspicious of the Governor and the Woodbury setup. Who wouldn't be in a world over run with zombies. God knows what she's seen in the past. Some people are just naturally suspicious and skeptical. Give her some time, I can see her becoming a good character.

As for the Governor, what a bad-ass. Expected it somewhat having read the comics. Will be nice to see him and Rick square up if and when they eventually meet.

I think it's the difference between being cautious and openly / needlessly hostile; we'd all forgive her for keeping her cards close to her chest - natural enough, given the world they're in as you say - but she point-blank refused even the most common courtesies such as some breakfast with barely-masked contempt, and seemed utterly begrudging of the help Andrea received; help that no doubt saved her life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Frisbee wrote: »
    The Michonne character is awful so far. Which is fine as we don't know what's going on in her head, I can forgive it.

However the actress herself is making things much worse. I get she's supposed to be suspicious but her hammy, over dramatic glares are more comical than serious. All she needs is a pair of sunglasses and she'd be as badly acted as Horatio Caine.

While watching the episode I twice commented aloud that Michonnes hostility was way out of proportion to what she was experiencing. Yes, Merle drew a gun on them, but then they were given medical assistance, food, water and shown around the 'safe haven'. Ok - be suspicious, but her behaviour is not coming across as realistic. Even given that she is totally capable of taking care of herself, personally Id be delighted to meet up with another group and be accepted immediately like that! She hasnt seen anything to cause her to be so hostile.

Im just not buying it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Wait, just remembered something there the Michonne thing annoyed me too,

But remember when she said to Merle "You had a gun on us"

and he replied with, I'd be worried about someone with there hands in there pocket strolling up to me,

Maybe that's why she's cautious, They're in paradise, but the phrase, "If it's too good to be true, It probably is"

The doctor/tea guy, looked disgusted or shocked when they came back and walked away, and with all the whispering i wonder what was been said to the Guv.

I'd be cautious too if i was accepted into this group with no apparent catches.

As someone also mentioned earlier, The Guv seems to be very interested in the Atlanta group,

Is this a case of keeping your friends close and enemies closer.

pixelburp wrote: »
    I think it's the difference between being cautious and openly / needlessly hostile; we'd all forgive her for keeping her cards close to her chest - natural enough, given the world they're in as you say - but she point-blank refused even the most common courtesies such as some breakfast with barely-masked contempt, and seemed utterly begrudging of the help Andrea received; help that no doubt saved her life.

I think there is a difference between not wanting to open up to a bunch of strangers who seem overly eager for you to stick around and being openly and overly hostile , as for her begrudging the help Andrea recieved , tbh I think it has more to do with seeing Andrea fall under the Governors spell so quickly, Michonne experience with groups may not have been as positive as Andrea's and she probably see's them as a greater danger then the relatively predictable Zombies Or ya know she could have full on lesbo feelings for Andrea, we just don't know yet .

I think we can all agree this season is a vast improvement right ? wayward unlikable characters have been course corrected in the face of fan criticism , so having raised their game elsewhere I don't think they would drop the ball with this character , they have a plan . Look at Daryl would his comforting of Carol in the chereoke Rose episode be as effective if he wasn't such a miserable sour puss the rest of the time ? , like or not sometimes you have to make characters extreme just to give them somewhere to go Daryl (and I'm sure Michonne in time) are just coming at things from the opposite end of the spectrum to Rick , whereas we are seeing little moments between Daryl and Carol to suggest he is softening Rick 'lets take a vote' Grimes has morphed into ricktocracy Rick, becoming closed off and hard as nails.
    While watching the episode I twice commented aloud that Michonnes hostility was way out of proportion to what she was experiencing. Yes, Merle drew a gun on them, but then they were given medical assistance, food, water and shown around the 'safe haven'. Ok - be suspicious, but her behaviour is not coming across as realistic. Even given that she is totally capable of taking care of herself, personally Id be delighted to meet up with another group and be accepted immediately like that! She hasnt seen anything to cause her to be so hostile.

Im just not buying it tbh.

Read between the lines people something happened to her to make her wary of groups regardless of how nice they seem . She has been in their camp one day if she is still as suspicious after a fortnight of them being just peachy then ok she is being unreasonable . She is just simply not the type of person who jumps into the back of the van because someone offers her sweets and tells her everything will be ok .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

I'm more than willing to wait the entire season to make a judgement on Michonne.

Considering during season 2, i completely sided with Shane on his "no B-S" attitude and really had very little time for Rick! His unwillingness to make the hard decision really annoyed me. His forgiveness of his wife betraying him. His willingness to let Dale (the only person who wanted to free the prisoner) sway his decision to not kill the prisoner.

Then in just the last episode of season 2 and 2 episodes of this season my opinion of him has completely changed.

He caused huge unrest by releasing the boy they captured in the nearby town and in then in episode 2 didn't hesitate in putting a machete into the prisoners head as he could likely turn out to be trouble.

In my opinion the writers have a development plan for the characters and this was the path for developing Michonne, I anticipate her likeability growing gradually throughout this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Read between the lines people something happened to her to make her wary of groups regardless of how nice they seem . She has been in their camp one day if she is still as suspicious after a fortnight of them being just peachy then ok she is being unreasonable . She is just simply not the type of person who jumps into the back of the van because someone offers her sweets and tells her everything will be ok .

Thats cool - but why so openly hostile? In her shoes Id be pretending to be nice but I wouldnt be openly antagonistic of people I was suspicious of. There is no gain to be made from her behaviour but there is possible loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Really enjoyed the last episode, ill give the brooding one a chance to grow, as they didn't bother developing the character over the couple of episodes.

Actually looking forward to the next episode, the way final reveal was perfect, left you wondering what is the gov up to exactly.

On a side note: Currently reading the comics, well the hard back book version, just finished the first book, they've just gotten to the prison. Crazy how much they messed up season 2.
    Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Keyzer wrote: »

This seems (already) to be a trend. People who have read the comic books predisposed to liking Michonne. Almost everybody who has defended her tv character has read the comic books. Indicating she is a fan favourite in the comics and you guys will give the character more time.

Non-comic book readers just see a big sour puss traipsing around saying very little and not doing a whole lot either. She didn't even tell Andrea who her chained walkers were! Seeing as they are dead, de-jawed, de-armed, would it be a big deal to tell her :rolleyes:

Episode Itself:

Liked it, David Morrissey is a tremendous actor so he'll excel in this role.

2 major gripes:

1. How in the name of God do the trained military personnel see a car coming, armed to the back teeth and not get one shot off against a flanked opposition more than 100 yards from their positions?

2. Surely even Andrea can't be buying that bullsh1t the Governor told them about the military guys getting bit? So they have all that weaponary and ammo and they get over-run by Walkers? I'm just praying to God she knows damn well they executed them and is playing it cute to avoid being next on the chopping block.

Final point, there is a certain symmetry in the actions of Rick in the prison and the Governor killing the military guys. The only difference is Rick needed thought and hesitated, the Governor just went out and did it. But both took out perceived threats in order to preserve their communities.

This seems (already) to be a trend. People who have read the comic books predisposed to liking Michonne. Almost everybody who has defended her tv character has read the comic books. Indicating she is a fan favourite in the comics and you guys will give the character more time.

Non-comic book readers just see a big sour puss traipsing around saying very little and not doing a whole lot either.

I am a reader of the comic books for about the last 6 years and I am very disappointed with Michonne, and most (80% I reckon) of the comic book readers that I know would agree with me. And I know quite a few.

Have a look round some of the dedicated TWD discussion forums and you will see that the general consensus among the comic book readers is hopeful disappointment. Disappointed for what they've seen do far and hopeful for better things to come. It would be a shame if she didn't reach her potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Anyone have any theory on Michonne's walkers getting restless and straining at their chains when the guv was stabbing those walkers?

In refence to the above, I see more comic book readers giving the writers a hard time because Michonne hasn't done enough yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Anyone have any theory on Michonne's walkers getting restless and straining at their chains when the guv was stabbing those walkers?

Probably sounds crazy but here it goes... When they lose their jaws and arms they become docile enough. Maybe it changes them enough so to the zombies it was like killing new born babies and that's why they were straining at their chains- almost a mothering instinct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

1. How in the name of God do the trained military personnel see a car coming, armed to the back teeth and not get one shot off against a flanked opposition more than 100 yards from their positions?

They made the point of saying that they were National Guard and if TV has thought me anything, its that they are useless cannon fodder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Dempsey wrote: »
    They made the point of saying that they were National Guard and if TV has thought me anything, its that they are useless cannon fodder!

True, also I'd say they had their guard down once The Governor mentioned he knew their pilot. Walkers aren't stealthy so they wouldn't have been looking out for people sneaking up on them if you know what I mean? Just quick glance through the fields would put them at ease. Just a theory! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

Jason Todd wrote: »
    True, also I'd say they had their guard down once The Governor mentioned he knew their pilot. Walkers aren't stealthy so they wouldn't have been looking out for people sneaking up on them if you know what I mean? Just quick glance through the fields would put them at ease. Just a theory! :o

I'm sorry I just couldn't buy it. They are trained professionals.

There’s was what, 15?, of them armed and looking at the Governor when he drew his pistol, and not one of them reacted in time?

You are right to say that they might have been used to a different threat, and I don't think it's implausible that they guys were able to ambush them, but just not like that!

I don't know if it was done differently in the comics but it just seemed lazy.

On a different point, I liked the point a different poster made regarding the symmetry between Rick and the Governor in terms of the killings. I wonder if we'll see any guilt by Rick over what he has done, to contrast with the glorification done by the Governor?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think the most interesting thing about the governer so far is that he is hiding his true name. Obviously he has a past to hide. My guess is that he was a well known serial killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

steve_r wrote: »
    I'm sorry I just couldn't buy it. They are trained professionals.
    They might be trained but the majority of them are only part time soldiers who hold down regular civilian day jobs so its not like they'd be a typical army unit who spend a lot of time training, shooting etc.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The majority of National Guard soldiers and airmen hold a civilian job full-time while serving part-time as a National Guard member.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Guard_of_the_United_States

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

stevenmu wrote: »
    I think the most interesting thing about the governer so far is that he is hiding his true name. Obviously he has a past to hide. My guess is that he was a well known serial killer.

I doubt it. I think he's creating a character for himself because his previous life was so mundane, and he probably considers himself to have died when (presumably) his wife and daughter did. He's now started a new life as the powerful Governor to try and distance himself from what he was, taking advantage of the situation now that he has nothing to lose, to become the leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Penn wrote: »
    I doubt it. I think he's creating a character for himself because his previous life was so mundane, and he probably considers himself to have died when (presumably) his wife and daughter did. He's now started a new life as the powerful Governor to try and distance himself from what he was, taking advantage of the situation now that he has nothing to lose, to become the leader.

Moreover in a dystopian, post-apocalyptic world, would it be such a bad thing for serial killers/murderers to find their way to the top of the power base? Technically speaking, in this new world, Rick is a serial killer. Yeah it's arguable he acted in self defence or for the greater good, but he's still racking up a fairly decent human body count.

I'd like to think his past isn't overly relevant. In a lot of ways reminds me of Tom Hanks character in Saving Private Ryan. It didn't seem to matter to him if others knew where he came from or what he did because "before the war" didn't matter, all that mattered was his ability to lead his troops as best he can.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Penn wrote: »
    Possibly, that does make a certain sense. But, that would not explain the heads in the jars, which is much more psychopathic serial killer territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

JohnK wrote: »
    They might be trained but the majority of them are only part time soldiers who hold down regular civilian day jobs so its not like they'd be a typical army unit who spend a lot of time training, shooting etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Guard_of_the_United_States

I have to say I can accept they were ambushed but if your argument is that they were part-time before the zombie-apocolypse then it does not make sense.

So a group of civilians who survived 10 months of zombies would be more battle hardened and better killers than a group of "part-time" soldiers survived 10 months of zombies??

Also I'd like to add that the soldiers all survived their encampment being over-run by walkers meaning they are all obviously skilled with their weapons.

I think a shoot-out that the soldiers ultimately lose would have satisfied much more people. Them not getting off 1 shot is ridiculous.

Only a few had their guns ready as they thought it was only one person. The guys in the bushes most likely had their guns trained on those who were the most immediate threat (even then they had their guard down because of what they've been told) so when the guvenor fired first, they fired immediately and killed several before they could even react to what the governer did. Most were dead before the 1st body dropped.

Did Welles say that they didnt notice anyone in their camp getting bitten or dying? I think he said bitten which suggests that they dont know that everyone turns so they are abit clueless still. I wouldnt think that anyone in the national guard has much experience of ambushing and/or killing civilians, them doing helicopter patrols suggests that they are abit 'idealistic' and naive still. The governer and his crew are well drilled in ruthlessly ambushing people which clearly indicates that this a regular enough routine for them.

question thats been bugging me. is the helicopter that crashed the same helicopter that we have seen glimpses of in season 1 and 2 ?

ricero wrote: »
    question thats been bugging me. is the helicopter that crashed the same helicopter that we have seen glimpses of in season 1 and 2 ?

AFAIK, its the same one

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say I'm predisposed to liking her because I've read the comics but I am predisposed to giving the character more then one ep to prove her worth before I cast judgement on the actress, character and the writing.

Non-comic book readers just see a big sour puss traipsing around saying very little and not doing a whole lot either. She didn't even tell Andrea who her chained walkers were! Seeing as they are dead, de-jawed, de-armed, would it be a big deal to tell her :rolleyes:

Look this isn't a case of Lost having people keep **** to themselves for narrative and not character reasons , she is obviously deeply ****ed up , for all we know they could have raped her(pre zombie obv otherwise iccckk) and she simply doesn't want to talk about it.
    I am a reader of the comic books for about the last 6 years and I am very disappointed with Michonne, and most (80% I reckon) of the comic book readers that I know would agree with me. And I know quite a few.

Have a look round some of the dedicated TWD discussion forums and you will see that the general consensus among the comic book readers is hopeful disappointment. Disappointed for what they've seen do far and hopeful for better things to come. It would be a shame if she didn't reach her potential.

The only difference between her portrayal in the tv show and the comics is in the circumstances in which she has been introduced , she is every bit as closed off in the comics the only difference is she only scowled in one panel every other page whereas here they, by nature of how the ep was written, were onscreen a lot more thus making her seem surlier then some remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Possibly, that does make a certain sense. But, that would not explain the heads in the jars, which is much more psychopathic serial killer territory.

"Absolutely power corrupts absolutely"

He's gone mad with power, and in a way has abandoned his humanity. Daryl had some walker ears on a piece of string around his neck last season too. They've all become somewhat desensitised to things like that. I think for The Governor, the heads in jars are a demonstration of the power he now wields. Serial killer... maybe. But I wouldn't say psychopathic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well where would you keep the heads? Can't have them rolling around the floor, and they could get squashed if you throw them all in a box. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

So who cut off the pilots head, does this mean the doc is in on the gov's mentalness!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bombbastic22

Definitely a big improvement on season 2 which seemed very slow paced and soap drama-ish a lot of the time with hardly a zombie in sight for a lot of the episodes. I read though, that their budget for season 2 was pretty poor.

The third is grittier, dirtier and more action packed - definitely more in line with what the comic is and what the show should be, though even so, it is a lot less gristly than what happens in the comic. In the comic you can really feel the descent into madness of many of the characters and you really can't help but feel anyone could be killed at any minute, by any other character in the group, by their own hand even. It's like the 'walkers' are actually the least thing the survivors have to fear. It's looking a lot like this in the new series too though. It's a world of anarchy and disorder and it's only those inside whom a switch has flipped that have what it takes to survive - the only thing is that not all switches are wired the same.

The only thing that bugs me with this series, is how squeeky clean the cars look. The end of the world and people take the time to keep their cars perfectly washed and polished at all times. It's a small thing though I guess..........

The only thing that bugs me with this series, is how squeeky clean the cars look. The end of the world and people take the time to keep their cars perfectly washed and polished at all times. It's a small thing though I guess..........

Not to mention someones been mowing the grass and looking after the fields as well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Not to mention someones been mowing the grass and looking after the fields as well!

One thing I laughed at the start of s03 was that Rick and Hershel are sporting beards, Daryl has stubble yet Glenn is always freshly shaven and T-Dog's head is always shaven! They must have a supply of razors that they use off-screen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bombbastic22

Jason Todd wrote: »
    One thing I laughed at the start of s03 was that Rick and Hershel are sporting beards, Daryl has stubble yet Glenn is always freshly shaven and T-Dog's head is always shaven! They must have a supply of razors that they use off-screen! :D

I don't think Oriental people have facial hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Hey, the Zombies do that.

It's a stereotype that all they are interested in is brains.
    Yes, this takes up most of their energy, but after a hard days "narrrrgghhhh" there's nothing a zombie like better than a bit of mowing and ploughing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

2 characters will die in this Sundays episode
    - who do you think it will be?

[deleted url due to possible spoilers in the text of link]

Don't forget to add spoiler tags to any thoughts/replies :)

2 characters will die in this Sundays episode
    - who do you think it will be?

[deleted url due to possible spoilers in the text of link]

Don't forget to add spoiler tags to any thoughts/replies :)

il put my money on
    Beth

• Advertisement
Advertisement