Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead - Season 3 [AMC - US | No Comic Book Discussion!!] **Spoilers!**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ricero wrote: »
    il put my money on
    Beth

ill agree with that and add
    woodbury scientist guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

2 characters will die in this Sundays episode
    - who do you think it will be?

[deleted url due to possible spoilers in the text of link]

Don't forget to add spoiler tags to any thoughts/replies :)
    Things aren't looking good for the following, imo:
    Carol, Beth and T-Dog (when Merle meets him)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What about
    Hershel, or is that too obvious? He may have lived through the fever, but he wasn't exactly 100% by the end of the episode - I certainly wouldn't put it past the writers to have him take a sudden turn for the worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

2 characters will die in this Sundays episode
    - who do you think it will be?

[deleted url due to possible spoilers in the text of link]

Don't forget to add spoiler tags to any thoughts/replies :)

just heard from a friend that its
    t-dog
    and
    Lori
    who are getting the chop this week

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭socco

just heard from a friend that its
    t-dog
    and
    Lori
    who are getting the chop this week

And your friend would know because....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

socco wrote: »
    And your friend would know because....

well he got the season 2 finale spot on so i trust him on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

well he got the season 2 finale spot on so i trust him on this

So he knows for a fact or he speculates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

It could well be
    Lori
    imo, in ep 2 she spoke about what could happen if it was a
    stillborn
    , and the next ep
    called 'killer within' sounds like it might end up the way she described

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

gungun wrote: »
    It could well be Lori imo, in ep 2 she spoke about what could happen if it was a stillborn, and the next ep

That would make for a really good shocking bloody episode! Plus I have a serious under lying hatred for the character.

I'm sure i'm not alone in this hatred.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

gungun wrote: »
    It could well be imo, in ep 2 she spoke about what could happen if it was a stillborn, and the next ep
    why didn't you spoiler the name, Jesus christ its not a tough concept

• Advertisement

Why does everyone want to know what happens before they watch?!
    You guys are sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Lori
    is a gowl, I hope
    she
    gets it

Sincerely doubt it will be Lori. <SNIP> I'd bet my house on Carol.

MOD EDIT: Infraction issued... no comic book spoilers on this thread, as indicated in thread title. Final warning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Anyone familiar with American football (or American Dancing with the Stars) will know of Hines Ward. He is going to have a cameo role in an upcoming episode but not in a role you'd expect

enhanced-buzz-2868-1351871503-16_original.jpg?1351877844

Here is a video link of Hines getting his make up done. Don't worry, there are no spoilers

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/0ap2000000089182/Hines-Ward-appears-in-The-Walking-Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Watched tonights FX episode and am I right in thinking
    that Merle and the other guys who killed the soldiers are unhappy with the Governors way of doing things or are they just as bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

pookiesboo wrote: »
    that Merle and the other guys who killed the soldiers are unhappy with the Governors way of doing things or are they just as bad?
    they simply dont like being under the thumb, but at the same time the govenor seems like a good leader, and under his guidance they have survived, set up a safe place to live, and have plenty of food and weapons,

the positives far outweigh the negatives of taking his orders, but you know one of them will get pissed off at some point and do something,

Good spot. Merle definitely, but I didn't see anything like that from the other ''underlings'' to indicate similar feelings. Merle doesn't like being told what to do but at the same time he doesn't have what it takes to be a leader himself.

Also, why did that post have spoiler tags? It was a reference to an episode that had already aired and there was no spoiler there bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Michonne hate is ridiculous - and I'm a non-comic reader.

She's been in one episode properly - the other three appearances were pretty much cameos, the writers saying "here's a sneak peek and this new badass character" - now she is going to be developed. shouldn't expect much is one episode - all we know now is that she had a sword, is handy with it, took in Andrea and cared for her, so has some compassion. Keeps pet walkers, who may or may not have been known to her before they turned - either family members, or members of her previous group who tried to do her harm. She is very wary of the new Governor for a reason. We don't know yet what that is, but an educated guess would probably be that she's been treated badly by men, and not by women.

Governor is a very good character, interesting and disturbed.

Life IS good at Woodbury, seems to be well defended, everyone is fed and watered and warm. There are some pretty draconian curfew rules in place, but they are a small price to pay for safety really.

Heads in formaldehyde. Heh, weird.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Good spot. Merle definitely, but I didn't see anything like that from the other ''underlings'' to indicate similar feelings. Merle doesn't like being told what to do but at the same time he doesn't have what it takes to be a leader himself.

Also, why did that post have spoiler tags? It was a reference to an episode that had already aired and there was no spoiler there bud.

Cos theres always one who isnt happy if you dont use spoiler tags and they havent seen episode yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Regarding Michonne.

If the weapon that kept me alive was sitting as a trophie piece on the self of a man who blindfolded me and was underhanded about not letting me leave his compound..... then Id be badger faced aswell.

Its been one episcode.

_blank_ wrote: »
    Michonne hate is ridiculous - and I'm a non-comic reader.

She's been in one episode properly - the other three appearances were pretty much cameos, the writers saying "here's a sneak peek and this new badass character" - now she is going to be developed. shouldn't expect much is one episode - all we know now is that she had a sword, is handy with it, took in Andrea and cared for her, so has some compassion. Keeps pet walkers, who may or may not have been known to her before they turned - either family members, or members of her previous group who tried to do her harm. She is very wary of the new Governor for a reason. We don't know yet what that is, but an educated guess would probably be that she's been treated badly by men, and not by women.

Governor is a very good character, interesting and disturbed.

Life IS good at Woodbury, seems to be well defended, everyone is fed and watered and warm. There are some pretty draconian curfew rules in place, but they are a small price to pay for safety really.

Heads in formaldehyde. Heh, weird.

+1.
    I like her. Besides Andrea, the females in the show are pretty submissive so she makes a nice change. From the clips they were showing advertising the new series, Rick and the Governor clash so maybe Rick makes a new ally in Michonne. Its too early to dislike her, shes only been in one episode properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Jofspring

ryoishin wrote: »
    Regarding Michonne.

was underhanded about not letting me leave his compound..... then Id be badger faced aswell.

Its been one episcode.

He hasn't really been underhanded about them leaving though has he? He said they could leave at anytime and get their weapons back with nothing leading them to believe he wouldn't allow that.

All I kept thinking during the episode was if Michonne wants her sword back so badly then just leave the camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Hes the boss man and he has mounted it in his kitchen. I doubt she would get it back and it sending a message to some degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I think it'll be
    Lori and her baby
    who kick the bucket in the next episode.I just don't see that particular storyline coming into fruition.

Oh and how in the name of bejaysus do you say Michonne?

[/B]

Cos theres always one who isnt happy if you dont use spoiler tags and they havent seen episode yet

Sorry but thats just spoiler tag overkill. If we're discussing an episode that has already aired (nearly a week ago in this case) then spoiler tags should not be used.

If someone hasn't seen it then that's their own problem for coming on here.

• Advertisement

According to Robert Kirkman, its pronounced Me-shawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

According to Robert Kirkman, its pronounced Me-shawn.

I have and will continue to pronounce it Me-shown :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If I was Michonne, I'd act like she's acting in the episode.

If you'll indulge me: The Governor is a politician. He makes sweeping statements that don't correspond with his actions, such as saying that the girls can leave at any time they want...just not now. Then instead of asking them if they still wished to leave the following day, we see him wining and dining them, almost attempting to charm them into staying.

Whereas, think about it, if you were The Governor and as good as your word: you'd be handing them their coats. You'd be pissed that you'd saved these women's lives and one of them continued to treat you only with contempt. You certainly wouldn't try and sell them on staying, they're a drain on resources and could potentially upset the peace with their attitude. That is unless you wanted them to stay for reasons you're not willing to divulge yet.

Now, for reasons of self-preservation, I'd probably be a bit more diplomatic than Michonne is being. There's also a good chance he's telling the truth, I mean there are a lot of survivors who all appear happy there, so you don't want to risk getting kicked out of the compound either. That's the only slight flaw I'd find in Michonne's behaviour, but you can write that off because perhaps she's more concerned with being immediately able to protect herself should she need to. It's an understandable stance, especially in a post-apocalyptic world where you've learned that one bad decision could cost you your life.

And look: as we, the audience, already know...she's right to be suspicious! If anything, Andrea's attitude infuriates me. She was abandoned by her last group, why is she willing to embrace a new one so readily? If anyone has earned the right to have some trust issues, and all that.

For me, though, Michonne is the only one in the scenario acting with a bit of cop-on. If you tell someone that they can have their weapons back the next morning and then, when that comes, don't have their weapons ready for them to go and are trying to sweet-talk them instead...eh, that's alarm bells time! Simple as.

Jofspring wrote: »
    He hasn't really been underhanded about them leaving though has he? He said they could leave at anytime and get their weapons back with nothing leading them to believe he wouldn't allow that.

All I kept thinking during the episode was if Michonne wants her sword back so badly then just leave the camp.

He said they could leave any time, but was dismissive and tried changing the subject quickly everytime it came up. When he said they could have supplies and a vehicle I believe he was only saying that and theres no way they'd even walk out alive if they actually tried leave. I'm surprised people would even consider that the Guv would let those woman walk out.

As far as I can see he wants them for two things, to keep the men happy and possibly to have kids. (I'm not saying thats all women would be useful for, but someone like the guv would be looking at it this way, ****in ledgend :D).
    I think it'll be
    Lori and her baby
    who kick the bucket in the next episode.I just don't see that particular storyline coming into fruition.

I can't see this happening, though obviously I could be wrong, but theres too much emotion to get rid of the first character and the 2nd character complicates things to much, its a real story line spinner.

Its a tough one to call, I can't see the prison crowd losing anyone, especially no-one useful, not yet, maybe a prisoner will be introduced as a decent fella and get axed. Maybe something will breach one of the Woodbury walls and we'll see a casualty, they spent all last episode cementing how safe it was and they might try shake it up a little, plus we're due some action.

I have been pronouncing it Mi-shown-ay, probably wrong though.

As I've said before I hate Andrea, the swagger with the gun on her belt, the belief that she has survived on her own merit, the panicy, bad tempered woman that she is. Can't wait until they get rid of her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    As I've said before I hate Andrea, the swagger with the gun on her belt, the belief that she has survived on her own merit, the panicy, bad tempered woman that she is. Can't wait until they get rid of her.
    While I don't share the hate Andrea has been a huge disappointment as a character.
    I don't even understand why they kept the name Andrea as she's hugely different from the character she's based on that it would have made more sense to call her something else so we wouldn't have any preconceptions.

This makes me wary about how Michonne will turn out but at least it's early days yet on that score.

I think someone upthread compared the Governor to Rick with both making ruthless decisions for the overall good of the group. The difference is that Rick isn't a cold-blooded murderer. Sure he cleaved the prisoner's head in two but said prisoner had twice tried to kill him - first by taking a wild lunge at him with a machete while pretending to swing for a walker and secondly by throwing a walker at him. The second prisoner that he locked out in the yard with the walkers might be more of a grey area though.

• Advertisement

DeepBlue wrote: »
    While I don't share the hate Andrea has been a huge disappointment as a character.
    I don't even understand why they kept the name Andrea as she's hugely different from the character she's based on that it would have made more sense to call her something else so we wouldn't have any preconceptions.

This makes me wary about how Michonne will turn out but at least it's early days yet on that score.

I think someone upthread compared the Governor to Rick with both making ruthless decisions for the overall good of the group. The difference is that Rick isn't a cold-blooded murderer. Sure he cleaved the prisoner's head in two but said prisoner had twice tried to kill him - first by taking a wild lunge at him with a machete while pretending to swing for a walker and secondly by throwing a walker at him. The second prisoner that he locked out in the yard with the walkers might be more of a grey area though.

I see similarities between the guv and Rick in so far as they are leaders. I wouldn't be inclined to question the morals they use when killing for the survival and safety of their groups simply because in this situation you need to be a badass. Yes Rick is less of a cold blooded killer, which giving people the benefit of the doubt could and nearly has cost him. On the other hand the guv is certainly a more self destructive character, hes alot more likely to have everything crumble around him.

Would other people be in agreement that at this stage of a ZA other survivors are a much greater threat then the zombies themselves. I know a year in I would be a lot more freaked to see someone alive approaching me.

Rick started out as an unwilling, uncomfortable, unconfident leader of the group.

Seems to me, The Governer took control almost immediatelym built his cult folllowing, and only takes in people he sees as useful.

Merle as an enforcer, the Doctor, women.

Seems to me, The Governer took control almost immediately.......

How do you know this?

I dont think we've seen anything of the governor's past to suggest this. For all we know he may only have taken over the week before, after being an ordinary resident for months.

He's a great character so far and going to get even better I reckon, but as someone who has read the 'The Rise Of The Governor' he certainly doesn't fit with what I was expecting of him.

How do you know this?

Er, I don't, hence me saying "Seems to me"

Are we not allowed to even speculate on events?

Are you the Ricktator around here?

Er, I don't, hence me saying "Seems to me"

Are we not allowed to even speculate on events?

Are you the Ricktator around here?

No I'm not, merely trying to have a discussion. Somehow i ended up with the impression thats why we're here. Silly me. :D

Allow me to rephrase, seeing as my first post obviously hit a sore spot when it wasn't intended.

I've read your post and I'm just wondering what you have seen, that I may have missed, that would give you the impression that the governor took power immediately?

Or even what gave you the impression he only takes in people that are useful to him? We've really only been introduced to a handful of people in woodbury.

I'm genuinely keen to hear your observations.

I've read your post and I'm just wondering what you have seen, that I may have missed, that would give you the impression that the governor took power immediately?.

Seems to me that he has been in charge of the 73 people in Woodbury for quite a long time, given their deference to him, the way he talks to them from on top of the tank, he didn't need to call everyone over, they all just dropped what they were doing and made the circle around him to listen to his pronouncement.

No-one questions him. You only get that unqiestioning loyalty by building it up, showing what will happen if you don't get it, or proving yourself
    Or even what gave you the impression he only takes in people that are useful to him? We've really only been introduced to a handful of people in woodbury..

Exactly. Merle, the scary enforcer guy and the doctor who makes nice tea. Oh, and the girlfriend/tour guide.

We KNOW he shot the National Guardsmen and took their supplies and killed the pilot when he'd given up his information. He doesn't want people in the camp capable of challenging his authority.
    I'm genuinely keen to hear your observations.

...and me yours, I've never dismissed your observations though :(

Sorry but thats just spoiler tag overkill. If we're discussing an episode that has already aired (nearly a week ago in this case) then spoiler tags should not be used.

If someone hasn't seen it then that's their own problem for coming on here.

Is it really that much bother for people regarding the spoiler tags, seriously?!
    Maybe you saw episode a week ago but it only aired on FX the night I posted a comment so I dont see what your issue is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭James McNulty

I thought the Walking Dead was getting a thread of its own? Is this still happening? BTW lads, its just a fun TV show. No need to get so invested in certain characters. Its not like a soap opera where certain characters are lifers, on TWD no character is safe so relax and enjoy a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Is it really that much bother for people regarding the spoiler tags, seriously?!
    Maybe you saw episode a week ago but it only aired on FX the night I posted a comment so I dont see what your issue is.
    It certainly isn't an issue in the zombie survival walking dead thread which is like the minutes of some covert government meeting with the amount of redaction going on and about as much fun to read at times , personally i prefer to run the spoiler gauntlet here rather then scrolling and highlighting my way through pages of black spoiler tags with every new ep, but to each their own .

Hopefully the ptb's will pull their finger out and get the walking dead forum up and running sooner rather the later so we can have seperate threads for people viewing eps on diff channels/times and this wont be an issue.

Yes I understand what you are getting at of course, but this thread is for TWD on AMC, not FX. That's why I was wondering about the unessacary spoiler tags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

I'm 100% sure the Governor would let them leave, that much is no lie.

It's just that he'd probably shoot them when they get out of earshot of the compound so they couldn't tell any rival groups about his community.

Syferus wrote: »
    I'm 100% sure the Governor would let them leave, that much is no lie.

It's just that he'd probably shoot them when they get out of earshot of the compound so they couldn't tell any rival groups about his community.
    That's what I said, they wouldn't leave alive

Seems to me that he has been in charge of the 73 people in Woodbury for quite a long time, given their deference to him, the way he talks to them from on top of the tank, he didn't need to call everyone over, they all just dropped what they were doing and made the circle around him to listen to his pronouncement.

No-one questions him. You only get that unqiestioning loyalty by building it up, showing what will happen if you don't get it, or proving yourself

Good point. And certainly not something I had considered.

Exactly. Merle, the scary enforcer guy and the doctor who makes nice tea. Oh, and the girlfriend/tour guide.

We KNOW he shot the National Guardsmen and took their supplies and killed the pilot when he'd given up his information. He doesn't want people in the camp capable of challenging his authority.

I still dont think this highlights how he ONLY takes in people who are usefu,l merely that he eliminates anyone who is a potential threat
    ...and me yours, I've never dismissed your observations though :(

Dont really understand what you mean by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Wowza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

let's face it, everyone new T Dog would be killed this episode. Sure he had two lines of dialogue :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

RIP T-Dog...hero, poor Carl too..tough on the kid, thought the flashback worked well

Well that was one of the most powerful pieces of television i have seen in a long time. Well written, paced, superbly acted. Some of the performances were just breathtaking.

The babies cry piercing the confusion, the tie-in with the barn scene, Lori's moment with Carl.....the juxtaposition of the high drama at the prison and the relative calm at Woodbury......

maybe i'm caught up in the moment but i haven't seen a piece of television as good as that in a long time. That's pretty much as good as it gets.

Honestly they could make 100 more episodes and be blessed to top this episode. It had absolutely everything any television show could aspire to - drama, tension, emotion and some stunning acting performances. A lot of the characters (and actors) came of age in this. Mind-blowingly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Great ep.
    Poor old T-dawg was always going to bite the bullet the moment Rick asked him for his opinion. They gave him the hero's exit though so I suppose thats something.

We didn't actually see Carl take that shot. We only heard it. Something tells me that perhaps he didn't quite go through with it and Rick might come face to face with Walker Lori (or Worrie ) in the future.

I'm probably the only one sad to see Lori go as I know she is quite hated round here (along with every female character on every show on the forum). I quite like Sarah Wayne Callies and feel she got given a raw deal by being lumbered with such a schizophrenic character. That's the writers fault. She's a stronger actor than some of the others left. She's a much better actor than your wan who plays Andrea for example who seems to be playing every scene this season like she is randy as hell.

I think Merle might be next on the Guv's hit list. Insubordination probably won't be tolerated. He might lose more than a hand if he's not careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Well, holy ****. That episode blew me away at the end. Gut wrenching stuff.

Advertisement