Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming lakes/ Rivers in south tipp??

Options
  • 24-05-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

With the good weather just wondering if there are any lakes or rivers around south Tipp for swimming in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Loads around Clonmel, Sandybanks is a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Mr Magners wrote: »

Where exactly is that?

I am not from the area, just moved here

Couple of hundred metres from Marlfield village which is a couple of miles from the town centre. Anyone in Clonmel could direct you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Mr Magners wrote: »

Yes there is a wonderful variety of ringworm available in Sandybanks. The Suir is stink 5 miles above and everywhere below Clonmel. Id advise against it.

Yes there is a wonderful variety of ringworm available in Sandybanks. The Suir is stink 5 miles above and everywhere below Clonmel. Id advise against it.

Would you have an alternative suggestion for the OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Has anyone ever been swimming in the lake up at the Vee??

I presume it's extremely cold but is it dangerous? More dangerous than a normal lake I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Never heard about the ringworm but the river is reasonably clean and you certainly can swim in it....loads of people do every year with no ill effects.
    Give Sandybanks a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

The Sandtrap near the Ragg
    Ballycamus near Boherlahan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Meathlass wrote: »
    Has anyone ever been swimming in the lake up at the Vee??

I presume it's extremely cold but is it dangerous? More dangerous than a normal lake I mean.

BayLough is the lake....Legend says it is bottomless:D,,,,,I never heard of anyone swimming in it..If you google Baylough,you will come acroos ythe story of Petitcoat loose....If you want to swim there after that ,it's up to you:D [Joke ]...But it makes for an interesting story.....I swam in Sandybanks a long time ago,also the Anner,,,,,Does anyone swim in the Anner now...we used to go up a long laneway.below Turnpike house...
    "She lived beside the Anner,and never swam a stroke ":D

Advertisement