Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

illness benefit to JA/Jobseekers benefit

Options
  • 24-05-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello everybody,
    Can you please help! I have been claiming illness benfit for the last 4 years. (188.00 per wk) I am now fit to return to work and want to begin looking for a new job ASAP. I went into my social welfare office today with a final medical cert from my doctor. I filled in all the paperwork for jobseekers benefit and allowence. The girl checked the system and told me I would only be entilted to 80.40EUR on Jobseekers benefit and I would have to be means tested for JA. When I got home, I worked out I would only be entilted to 40.00EUR on JA. I am so upset, My partner earns 550EUR per Wk and we were pretty hard up as it was without a cut of 100eur per week in my welfare payment. We have one child. Am I missing something here?? I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Hello everybody,
    Can you please help! I have been claiming illness benfit for the last 4 years. (188.00 per wk) I am now fit to return to work and want to begin looking for a new job ASAP. I went into my social welfare office today with a final medical cert from my doctor. I filled in all the paperwork for jobseekers benefit and allowence. The girl checked the system and told me I would only be entilted to 80.40EUR on Jobseekers benefit and I would have to be means tested for JA. When I got home, I worked out I would only be entilted to 40.00EUR on JA. I am so upset, My partner earns 550EUR per Wk and we were pretty hard up as it was without a cut of 100eur per week in my welfare payment. We have one child. Am I missing something here?? I don't know what to do.

JSA is a means tested payment so your partners earnings are assessed. Also be aware it is gross earnings less prsi which is assessed not net earnings.

Advertisement