Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eCommerce software for first timer

Options
  • 24-05-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can tell me which eCommerce software is the easiest to use for a first timer regards to installing and setting up the products lists etc.

I have been looking at Zen Cart and Magento but they seem quite technical and i am trying to put an eCommerce website together for someone who wants to be able to manage it themselves once im finished with it so i doubt this person will have any knowledge of php mySql etc?

Any suggestions would be great

cheers in advance!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I use OpenCart.
    There is a module that allows you import product info from an Excel document. It makes much easier to populate your shop.

I find the MVC code structure difficult to hack because I don't understand MVC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

PrestaShop is an easy enough e-commerce website to use..

Megento is great but complex

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Milanie

Much depends on what you're trying to accomplish and sell. Are you selling physical or digital products? What payment gateways will you use? Do you anticipate ever needing an affiliate program to boost customer acquisition (but keep costs down)? How SEO-friendly do you want to be at launch - what about down the road? Do you have one or more retails stores? Do you want to dropship now or in the future? Do you want one platform for order, customer and inventory management?

Just a few of the questions to keep in mind. It's important to think not only about getting up and running, but what your ecommerce solution may need 6, 12, 24 months from now. Because it's usually expensive (in terms of time and money) to switch platforms.

Make sure to take a look at UpshotCommerce.Com. We are the most customizable on-demand ecommerce solution. Ever. Best of luck! I was in Ireland two months ago and LOVED it! Dublin, Warwick, Galway... Sigh. Lovely country.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 givepress3

tomato cart looks good although i haven't used it yet myself
    http://www.tomatocart.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Tomato cart is by far the easiest to set up with it's windows like admin panel. Check out the demo on there site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement