Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People of other countries you get on well with, and those you don't.

• 24-05-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

A very general thread, I admit, but I want it to be generalistic. As a general rule, which countries' people do you tend to get on with. On holiday, on nights out, that you've bumped into etc. I was got thinking about this thread by the Northern Irish one here in AH.

Personally, I've only ever met lovely Germans. They're always polite and with a sense of humour that no one gives them any credit for. I've bumped into groups of them on holiday but also out and about in Dublin.

The Welsh too seem lovely, almost like our slightly more stupid cousins :p Nah, I'm kidding, but the Welsh are a great bunch.

For me, the worse experiences I've had have always been with English people. Don't know what it is but they always seem to act like dicks. But then again maybe I've not been unlucky around them and they do just act like dicks the whole time! Making fun of my "little Paddy accent", but also just being a raucous, ignorant bunch. I've seen groups out on the drink in Dublin but I also spent a long time in London - where the people I got on best with was basically everyone but the English natives.

What say ye, AHs? And I know this thread has the potential to get a bit racist, so let's keep it civil - I think a bit of an edge is probably alright for AH but let's not try to actually insult anyone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Stupid Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I judge people not nationalities.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

1.All of them

2. All of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Well isn't this a refreshing change of topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I would not judge someone on their nationality, If I like them I like them regardless of where they are from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Some people are ok and some are arseholes. Nationality has nothing to do with it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I get on very well with a lad from Poland.
    But there's a fellow from Transylvania who is bleeding me dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't judge people by their nationalities but I'm working part time in a shop for the summer and theres a few polish and pakistani guys are they are all soooouuund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Some people are ok and some are arseholes. Nationality has nothing to do with it really.

yes your dead right, because basically..........

We all know that people are the same where ever you go
    There is good and bad, in everyone

Learn to live, learn to give each other, what we need to survive
    Together alive...........

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

This OP is a typical example of a nice warm beginning and a bitter agenda later on .

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Very interesting thread.

I wouldn't say the english, I'd say Liverpudlians, i've got on great with them. Compared to Dublin, taxi drivers, homeless people, bouncers etc. Are all much friendlier. Why Liverpool has a bad reputation, I'll never know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Very interesting thread.

I wouldn't say the english, I'd say Liverpudlians, i've got on great with them. Compared to Dublin, taxi drivers, homeless people, bouncers etc. Are all much friendlier. Why Liverpool has a bad reputation, I'll never know.

Never bombed during the Troubles!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Ya can't just say a nation are nice/sound, nor can you say a nation are a shower of dicks, cos it's summit we can easily say about ourselves, we're all nations full of sound people and dicks...

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

As for people i'm not sure about - the Dutch are just a very difficult bunch to read. I don't like or dislike them, they are just a very different group of people. Everyone to a man is supremely confident. Supreme confidence can be perceived in different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't like the Italians at all, I think they're a nasty bunch. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Mallei wrote: »

For me, the worse experiences I've had have always been with English people. Don't know what it is but they always seem to act like dicks. But then again maybe I've not been unlucky around them and they do just act like dicks the whole time! Making fun of my "little Paddy accent", but also just being a raucous, ignorant bunch. I've seen groups out on the drink in Dublin but I also spent a long time in London - where the people I got on best with was basically everyone but the English natives.

What say ye, AHs? And I know this thread has the potential to get a bit racist, so let's keep it civil - I think a bit of an edge is probably alright for AH but let's not try to actually insult anyone!

:rolleyes: practice what you preach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Doesn matter where u go you'll find arseholes
    I personally used to think the Chinese were nice bunch but on a recent trip to hong long found them to be the most ignorant bunch of w****rs I have ever met

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I love the Israelis and the South Africans, great lads all together. Never met a bad one. Lots of others feckin hate them though, so the two people I've met might not be the best sample of the breeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I'll bite as I think the OPs heart is in the right place for this thread.

Generally I get on very well with Polish people, I find them to be very like the Irish, they get our humor and they like a drink so we mix well.

I get on well with lads from Spain but the women just wreck my head, all the drama and the shouting, ugh. I suspect I'm more inclined to let the Spanish lads away with more just out of sympathy for what they have to put up with hahaha.

As was pointed out, its probably just pot luck as to what the individuals of the nationalities you have met are like that will color your view of a country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Jesus...not another one of these poisonous topics about race and nationality, so somebody can tell about the nasty time the had with that Harry from souf London .How many threads on this subject now ...96 ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Nope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement