Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marabou

Options
  • 24-05-2012 10:52pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can get Marabou chocolate in Ireland. The bars of it not the sweets.

Preferably the honey and macadamia nut one. I have 6 squares of it left and i can't justify a trip to sweden to buy chocolate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mairzydoats

Do they not sell them in Ikea?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mairzydoats

Do they not sell them in Ikea?

I googled this because you put me in the mood for Marabou. Been ages since I was in Ikea but it seems they don't do them anymore. And they don't do any Swedish brands anymore. Just do their "own brand" stuff now.
    Ikea spokeswoman said:
    “The purpose is to be able to fully control the recipes, the quality, and make sure the code of conduct is respected," she explained. Which I believe is code for "we can make more money off our own cheap shoite"
    Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I find a lot of the Ikea food (most everything i tried really) really nice:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I don't know if it's okay if I bump this thread? I have the same question as lordgoat, been looking all over town for Marabou chocolate and can't find it anywhere. Anyone have any ideas where I could get some in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I don't know if it's okay if I bump this thread? I have the same question as lordgoat, been looking all over town for Marabou chocolate and can't find it anywhere. Anyone have any ideas where I could get some in Dublin?

You looking for the bars same as lordgoat or would the roll of chocolates do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Yeah they'd have to be the bars of Marabou, it's for a Christmas present and I don't think they like the rolls much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Kraft Foods own the Marabou brand now, so maybe you should contact them and ask. I love Marabou chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Dunnes stores in beacon south quarter sandyford Dublin were selling them this week, the rolls that is & had been waiting all week til today, my treat day to buy some only to go down this morning & see they were sold out :( as a major chocolate & marabou lover I was devastated haha
    If they get them back in I won't be waiting again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 deebs

Help! Can anyone tell me where I can buy the rolls of Marabou sweets in Dublin?? I need a fix!! ;-) ikea dont sell them anymore!!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The rolls tend to be in most Dunnes, that's where I've always found them before.
    There is also BusStop at the top of GraftonSt they sometimes have them too (if more expensive).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

centre in maynooth nearly always has them, so maybe try other centres

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Bump.. Has anyone seen the rolls of marabou lately? Preferably in Cork? I have tried all the centra, dunnes, supervalu, spar outlets in cork city.. Can't fine then anywhere!

Need to buy a box or two at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RockPaperMario

The shop in the UCC Student Centre always had the Marabou rolls, so far as I remember. Maybe try there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Bumping an ancient thread here, but Mr. Price has Marabou bars in stock. Huge Daim flavoured ones for €1.50

Advertisement