Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual Cup Sign-Up

Options
  • 24-05-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of setting up a manual cup over the next week or so, with the ultimate goal of gauging interest for a return of the Board's Manual League. Last year (Season 3) there were two divisions in operation. Unfortunately this led to a substantial amount of games being left unplayed, an issue I'm trying to get around this time by organising a knockout cup beforehand. Hopefully this will allow any newcomers to manual controls determine if they're willing to persevere with the difficulties that can be encountered when making the switch from the assisted configuration. It would also be great if some of the more experienced heads were interested in a return. I didn't get the chance to play with most of you before, but from what I've heard it sounded like a great set up!

To make things easy, the same ground rules will apply as per previous tournaments:
    1. No assistance allowed; including auto switching set to manual, auto switch move assistance to none and pass power assistance to off. Analog sprint, however should be set to ON.
    2. Boards fifa rules charter to be acknowledged and implemented during the cup.
    So, if you're interested in entering the cup, just put your boards name and PSN below. Also, please state whether you'd prefer if we use international or club teams (maximum of 4.5*) for the cup. Hopefully we can get this up and running soon enough :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

I'm brutal @ manual, but game ball for the craic, 4.5 Star International teams

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Yep count me in again. Id hopefully we get the 8 or even 16! for the cup

International 4.5 star or lower teams

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Count me in. Boards name gillysome. Psn gillysome.
    4 star international teams or lower

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

never tried full manual games but if this gets going ill give it a go! dont mind what teams we use to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Ok, so there are currently 6 of us interested in the cup. I'm thinking of starting it if we get another 2 since it's very unlikely that we will get 16. Also, it looks like the majority would like to use international teams with a max rating of 4.5 stars. These will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so start posting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm in as always.

PSN: Adam-88-S

Don't mind what teams we use.

can i be ivory coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Boards: bigred100
    PSN: BPK27

Gimme Ireland too, national pride and all.

dwainec wrote: »
    can i be ivory coast?

Sure, no problem. Can you put down your PSN too btw? Cheers.

Mexico please

• Advertisement

Ah so we have decided on 4.5 star countries?

People just seem to be randomly picking before you've even decided what star and countries/clubs?

The first few posters had said that they'd prefer 4/4.5* international teams so I went with that. A few others have signed up since then though, so we can have another vote if you like?

Equium wrote: »
    The first few posters had said that they'd prefer 4/4.5* international teams so I went with that. A few others have signed up since then though, so we can have another vote if you like?

No that's fine. Just wasn't sure what had been decided upon and people were already picking.

I'll get my 4.5* international team down here tomorrow.

Sure, no problem. Can you put down your PSN too btw? Cheers.

sorry,

PSN : djdwainec21

Thanks

So, we're up to seven players now. If we can get another one shortly then I'd be happy to hold a draw and get the cup up and running this week.

My PSN is transmoglified by the way, and I'll be using Belgium.

I'll take Uruguay if that is alright.

I am hoping to get this started on Monday, ideally with 8 players. Another boardsie has PM'ed me that he is interested but can't commit for certain yet, so that could potentially bring us up to the full compliment. If that doesn't happen then I suggest that we start the cup with two groups, one with 4 teams and one with 3. Everyone will play each other once with the two top teams in each group progressing to the semi-finals. It will at least give everyone a guaranteed amount of games. Of course, we could go straight to a knock-out style tournament (one team getting a bye) if people prefer that option.

Also, could Gillysome and Bray Header submit your team choices.

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Well lads, I'll take sweeden.

Boards: gillysome

Psn: gillysome

I am hoping to get this started on Monday, ideally with 8 players. Another boardsie has PM'ed me that he is interested but can't commit for certain yet, so that could potentially bring us up to the full compliment. If that doesn't happen then I suggest that we start the cup with two groups, one with 4 teams and one with 3. Everyone will play each other once with the two top teams in each group progressing to the semi-finals. It will at least give everyone a guaranteed amount of games. Of course, we could go straight to a knock-out style tournament (one team getting a bye) if people prefer that option.

Also, could Gillysome and Bray Header submit your team choices.

Cheers lads.
    Id say the two groups is the best job alright.. Lookin forward to it. My Mexican team are raring to go :pac:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Id say the two groups is the best job alright.. Lookin forward to it. My Mexican team are raring to go :pac:

5 at the back Ireland shall stifle everyone all the way to the fiinal.

• Advertisement

bigred100 wrote: »
    5 at the back Ireland shall stifle everyone all the way to the fiinal.

Do Ireland have 5 defenders?!

Do Ireland have 5 defenders?!

I go for the high risk tactic of playing wingers as full backs, something like
    O'Shea Dunne St.Ledger
    Coleman......................................... Duff

Unfortunately I wasn't able to secure the final player, so we are going to go ahead with the aforementioned group stage format. A draw held using a random number generator threw up the following groups:

Group A:

Uruguay (Adam-88-S)
    Mexico (Haunis87)
    Ivory Coast (djdwainec21)

Ivory Coast vs. Mexico
    Ivory Coast vs. Uruguay
    Mexico vs. Uruguay

Group B:

Belgium (transmoglified)
    Bray Header* (To be confirmed)
    Ireland (BPK27)
    Sweden (gillysome)

Belgium vs. Bray Header
    Belgium vs. Ireland
    Belgium vs. Sweden
    Ireland vs. Bray Header
    Ireland vs. Sweden
    Sweden vs. Bray Header

With only a few games to be played it's probably not worth setting up a new thread for posting result, so they can be entered below.

Everyone plays each other once with the top two from each group progressing to the semi-finals. Here, the winner of Group A will meet the runner-up in Group B, etc.

Group games can be played in any order. They are to be 7 minutes per half, with full manual controls.

Enjoy!

Sorry about the delay in getting this off the ground. A combination of the Euros and getting college results has left me out of action recently. I am available now though if anyone else in my group can play.

Advertisement