Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RDP12 Final - Leinster v Ospreys 27/05/12 - KO 4pm - RTE/TG4/S4C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ha! Shaggy saying "we didn't drift"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Pictures the extent of your ability to discuss then are they ? Get a few crayons and practice your big boy words. You might be able to learn something.

LemonTree.gif

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Tox56 wrote: »
    I was critical of Munster fans for blaming Poite for their loss and Im not going to be a hypocrite personally.

Poite was equally bad for both teams, albeit the questionable decisions against Leinster came later in the game.

It was a hard game to ref in fairness, but I never rated that ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I was critical of Munster fans for blaming Poite for their loss and Im not going to be a hypocrite personally.

Poite was equally bad for both teams, albeit the questionable decisions against Leinster came later in the game.

You cant avoid being a hypocrite by ignoring the facts. This has nothing to do with Munster only Poite's performance today.

I think most peoples problem is they try so hard not to look like a sore loser they ignore valid grievances.

LemonTree.gif

:pac:

Am I in the special class or something ? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Delighted for Williams. One of the true gents of Welsh rugby

Been one of my favorite players down the years and he deserved to go out on a high note
    I don't think Marcus Horan will agree with you after Williams falsely accused him of racism, one of the most despicable things a person can do.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭fitz

Poite was awful but acting like a sore loser will earn no sympathy

Who's acting like a sore loser or looking for sympathy for that matter ? I'm stating facts. Poite ruined that game for leinster by being absolutely shíte at his job. Its not the first Welsh "victory" over an Irish team this year built on incompetent refereeing.

I'd usually saw the same thing Tox, but a yellow card out of nowhere, without warning, you can't say it didn't have a huge impact. I'd have backed Leinsters defence to hold out for the last 8 minutes if they'd had 15 men on the pitch, as they should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

You cant avoid being a hypocrite by ignoring the facts. This has nothing to do with Munster only Poite's performance today.

I think most peoples problem is they try so hard not to look like a sore loser they ignore valid grievances.

You're also ignoring questionable decisions that went Leinster's way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

having fallen down my stairs and broken two toes, i fell asleep and missed the game:D

however awfull lot of soar grapes here..... at the end of the day id take the HC ,,,again!! over the Rabo any day of the week. People are over reacting a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

liammur wrote: »
    I watched it and was shouting for Leinster, I knew, and the players knew this wasn't the average league final, this would have put them down as the greatest european team of all. They are still up there with the toulouses/leicesters/wasps/munnster tho and let's give them credit. But anyone thinking the ospreys were an easy touch were sadly mistaken.

I think Leinster have very much established themselves as the greatest European team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

No way was Poite was even handed for both sides.

One occasion early on in the second half, Heaslip had the ball at the back of an advancing scrum in the Ospreys half. He tells Reddan and Heaslip to use it. Eventually it leads to a Leinster knock on.

Next scrum Ospreys win the hit and get the nudge on, ball at the back of he scrum, going forward, Poite awards Ospreys a penalty and get to clear their lines.

Same situations with two different outcomes. Poite may have been bad but he was awful (at times) to Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

I didnt want that result. But it could be the saving of the league in Wales where some fans are calling for a break from the Rabo.

In that sense alone it is a good result. But devestating the double was missed out on

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Am I in the special class or something ? lol

LemonTree.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Jigga wrote: »
    I don't think Marcus Horan will agree with you after Williams falsely accused him of racism, one of the most despicable things a person can do.

Jesus, was reading up on it there. Dodgy alright

Irlandczyk wrote: »
    I think Leinster have very much established themselves as the greatest European team.

Surely you would have to win your league for that claim? For instance, I'm not sure chelsea are the finest football in europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Rather than accuse people of bitterness, I'd like to see people defend Poite's decision to bin White.

yimrsg wrote: »
    No way was Poite was even handed for both sides.

One occasion early on in the second half, Heaslip had the ball at the back of an advancing scrum in the Ospreys half. He tells Reddan and Heaslip to use it. Eventually it leads to a Leinster knock on.

Next scrum Ospreys win the hit and get the nudge on, ball at the back of he scrum, going forward, Poite awards Ospreys a penalty and get to clear their lines.

Same situations with two different outcomes. Poite may have been bad but he was awful (at times) to Leinster.

He made a howler at the end of the 1st half, and then was balancing it up. That's the problem.

You're also ignoring questionable decisions that went Leinster's way

Whatever went Leinsters way was no where near what went Ospreys way. They were gifted scrum dominance and Leinster were deprived of a man.

Surely you would have to win your league for that claim? For instance, I'm not sure chelsea are the finest football in europe

If Leinster weren't off the back of a 3 week run of huge games who do you think would have won? Honestly

If SOB, Healy and Ross had stayed fit there would have only been one winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭IveSeenFire

Did you actually just watch that match?

I watched it and was shouting for Leinster, I knew, and the players knew this wasn't the average league final, this would have put them down as the greatest european team of all. They are still up there with the toulouses/leicesters/wasps/munnster tho and let's give them credit. But anyone thinking the ospreys were an easy touch were sadly mistaken.
    This final won't define the team. And I'd say there's very little correlation between what happened today and why Ireland are losing to Wales on the international scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

They are clearly, head and bloody shoulders, the best team in Europe. I don't even understand how a person can look at what happened this year and see otherwise.

If Leinster weren't off the back of a 3 week run of huge games who do you think would have won? Honestly

But did the ospreys not win in dublin earlier in the season? They are very underrated, just look at the way they smashed munster.

No, I don't think so. How does beating every other team in Europe to win the Heineken Cup become nullified in the face of losing one game at the end of a domestic season? Did you forget when we ran away with the Pro12 league??

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

If my aunt had balls she'ld be my uncle.

But did the ospreys not win in dublin earlier in the season? They are very underrated, just look at the way they smashed munster.

They were underrated alright but that wasn't close to Leinsters full team either

Ospreys have had a lot of luck in terms of timing for their games with Leinster this year

No doubt Leinster are the better side overall

• Advertisement

Munster are a shadow of a team.

Leinster are streets ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

There's no denying that Poite made some bad decisions but you can't dwell on that and overlook the fact that Osps played some good rugby, contested every tackle and took some serious pressure kicks when it came down to it -the way some people are commenting you'd swear they were complete incompetents :rolleyes:

maddragon wrote: »
    If my aunt had balls she'ld be my uncle.

If your aunt had balls I'm sure she'd be very confused

It was Leinster B team against a half strength Ospreys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Thought I'd take a quick look to see comments on the match... good to see the bitterness is still alive and well for the Wesh teams.. (not every comment)

Game over, leinster lost, too bad, move on...

• Advertisement

It's amazing people are alluding to Ospreys being a better side.

Some very short memories

Noffles wrote: »
    Thought I'd take a quick look to see comments on the match... good to see the bitterness is still alive and well for the Wesh teams.. (not every comment)

I agree with you, but you only need to visit certain Welsh forums to get the other side of the coin

Noffles wrote: »

Stellar contribution!

They are clearly, head and bloody shoulders, the best team in Europe. I don't even understand how a person can look at what happened this year and see otherwise.

This year they are the best, without a doubt, but are they better than leicester tigers of 10 years ago? Winning today would have said yes. But neither the tgers won their league even tho they got back to back H cups. That's why I think it was a huge, huge final for them. Look how disappointed they are.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Havent seen the game but christ theres alot of bitterness going around here.

Excuses are being thrown around. (not fresh...if we were full strength...)
    How unfair a knock out is after a league (heard none of this last year...)
    Griping about the ref being bad is fine in my book (see below for my thoughts on him outside of this game) but blaming him for the loss is ridiculous from what ive read here only.

Ive said before and been called biased because it was Munster but Poite is one of the worse referees at scrum time I have seen.

He doesnt go 50-50.
    He picks the apparant dominance and decides if it isnt working its the others fault. Still no excuse for blaming the ref for the loss.

Leinster have been fantastic over the last 4-5 years and will be in the next few I would think. Losing today will hurt (no matter what people say about it only being the Rabo) and they will come back fighting next year once more!

Any word on Ross?

No, I don't think so. How does beating every other team in Europe to win the Heineken Cup become nullified in the face of losing one game at the end of a domestic season? Did you forget when we ran away with the Pro12 league??

The only 2 tough matches leinster had this year was today and away to clermont

ffs, cop on

They were underrated alright but that wasn't close to Leinsters full team either

Ospreys have had a lot of luck in terms of timing for their games with Leinster this year

No doubt Leinster are the better side overall

I agree, but I do think the ospreys are the only team in rabo capable of beating leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

SOB and Healy missing was an immense problem on the day, we never had the kind of fast go-forward they usually generate. Poite seemed to miss a lot of stuff, and the yellow card for White was the absolute turning point. I was down the far end of the ground though so couldn't tell if it was deserved or not. However,2 yellows certainly cost us the match in a one point game.

And why is that? Because they're head and shoulders better than practically every other team in Europe, maybe? What are you actually trying to argue by saying that?

ffs, cop on

You surely won't tell me beating cardiff blues was a triumph? or ulster? or as someone called munster a shadow of a team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Really disappointed that we lost today but you have to take your hat off to the Ospreys. They were really up for it and a really impressive team to watch now that they've turned themselves around this season. Congratulations to them. They'll be one to watch next season.

On a positive note - this will really, really hurt the Leinster lads. They'll be back next season, stronger than ever. If you're not a Leinster supporter, be afraid.

You surely won't tell me beating cardiff blues was a triumph? or ulster? or as someone called munster a shadow of a team.

Should Leinster be forced to play an amalgamation of all the best players in Europe as punishment for being so good or something?

Massively disrespectful to Ulster Munster and Blues in that post but it doesn't warrant adressing

And why is that? Because they're head and shoulders better than practically every other team in Europe, maybe? What are you actually trying to argue by saying that?

They're clearly not head and shoulders ahead of clermont and ospreys. better than them yes, but not by as much as folk like yourself think.
    They are way ahead of all others they met, no doubt about that.

ffs, cop on

Montpellier was won by the final kick, just a few weeks ago against a tough, physical and pumped up Glasgow team.

There were other tough games but those are two that spring immediately to mind.

Also, the scoreline hugely flattered Leinster against Ulster, it was a very high intensity game

Really disappointed that we lost today but you have to take your hat off to the Ospreys. They were really up for it and a really impressive team to watch now that they've turned themselves around this season. Congratulations to them. They'll be one to watch next season.

Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sorry to see Leinster lose but nice to see Shane Williams depart the scene in such a fine manner. I really thought Leinster had it sown up after Nacewa's second try but Poite had an outstandlingly bad day at the office. Credit must be given to Ospreys - rentless as the Terminator and they just didn't know when to roll over. On a positive note, Sean Cronin is some player - is there any position where he doesn't pop up?

• Advertisement

Sorry to see Leinster lose but nice to see Shane Williams depart the scene in such a fine manner. I really thought Leinster had it sown up after Nacewa's second try but Poite had an outstandlingly bad day at the office. Credit must be given to Ospreys - rentless as the Terminator and they just didn't know when to roll over. On a positive note, Sean Cronin is some player - is there any position where he doesn't pop up?

I've often wondered how did munster let cronin go! unreal.

Advertisement