Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquarium problems tropical

Options
  • 25-05-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

Ok ill try and make sense, ive had my aquarium for a few years, i feel ive done everything right, ive done my water changes the way it says in book, i dont over feed, i havent over populated, at one point i had around 25 fish, my tank is more than big enough for this amount of fish, anyway what ever i do i still get deaths.

I got water tested and that came back perfect, i made sure i had fish that were compatible with each other, anyway im down to my last 5 fish, none have died in roughly 2 months. i know im not making much sense , i just dont know what to do, do i just call it a day, im so pissed off, or do i just go cold water.

to make it worse my neighbors each side of me have small tanks of cold water and theyre thriving , they never die, ... like i said i dont know what to do

ive noticed though lately that im getting a build up of algy on my tank wall, ive a new filter that was a good bit bigger than last, i thought it might cut down on the deaths but didnt make any difference

help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What are your water test results?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Did the tank re-cycle when you put in the new filter? That could have killed some fish...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I think we'd need more information like what size tank, what kinds of fish, the exact water test results, and anything else that might be pertinent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

the other piece of info on top of what is requested above would be how the fish died, symptoms etc.

You dont say how long you have kept fish for, but some small tropical fish only have a lifespan of 5 years or so...so if you bought a shoal 5 years ago it may not be that unusual to have a number of deaths around now.

But as said above need details on: fish in tank, size of tank, water change routine, water parameters, any other changes you made (e.g. filter), symptoms of fish

Advertisement