Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outfit for graduation?

• 25-05-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hello!

I'm graduating from medical school next month, and need a little advice on whether the outfit I'm planning to wear is appropriate for the ceremony. I'm <mod snip> - and not too sure how dressy the events are here. As far as I know, the graduation gowns are open in the front, and are black.

This is the dress I bought:
    298121-23-1.jpg

To spice it up a bit, I bought these shoes:
    neon-shoes-zara-thumb-390x439-158411.png

Alternatively I could wear more basic shoes, though I'm afraid it would all be a too boring then!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Love the outfit. I've seen lots of girls wear bright or interesting shoes as you don't get to see much of the dress at the actual ceremony, so it adds a bit of personality to the black gown. The dress is very pretty, and occasion appropriate, IMO.

I've not had my graduation yet, but maybe just check with the college to see if there's a dress code? Maybe someone who's gone through it could help me out here, I'm not sure if there even is such a thing for grads.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Love the dress and the shoes are amazing!!

I know that Trinity has a black and white requirement, at least it does for PhD grads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Yep Trinity has a black and/or white requirement for all grads. I don't think any of the other colleges do though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

BEAUTIFUL dress, any link to it? Those sandels are amazing also, a nice necklace would finish the outfit off nicely!!!

I'm in the same predicament at the minute. I can find nothing in stores that I think is appropriate, can anyone point me in the direction of any stores in Dublin, not like Topshop or Asos.. I have tried all them, and I'm just not falling for anything clothing?

I can only wear black or white or combination of them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ShadyLane

Thanks all for the replies.

As far as I know, the only dress code is "semi-formal" - no black/white requirement <mod snip>

I was mostly worried about the shoes being a bit much, but I love them so much that I might just wear them anyways!

Forgot in my original post to say where things are from - the dress is Reiss, the shoes are Zara. Now to just find a good necklace to go with it all....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement