Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drilling holes in a belt

Options
  • 25-05-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Anyone successfully done this? If so, how? Not sure the mils of the belt but it's a powerlifting one, two prong. Fourth hole is gone too tight, third too loose.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

J-Fit wrote: »
    Anyone successfully done this? If so, how? Not sure the mils of the belt but it's a powerlifting one, two prong. Fourth hole is gone too tight, third too loose.

PeoPle have done it successfully. Apparently a boot maker is your best shout for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hanley wrote: »
    PeoPle have done it successfully. Apparently a boot maker is your best shout for it.

As hedelyyy said boot maker type people

I got mine done in a shoe menders...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

I did this with a single prong bodybuilding belt I got off Irish Lifting. I got a medium sized belt but I wasn't medium enough for it so I got a power drill and put another hole in it. The DIY superstar that I am.

EDIT: Actual it's double prong but still skinny and not equivalent to a powerlifting belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Drilling can be tricky, ideally it should be punched out, but most hole punch things you get might be too weak for a thick belt. Though of course the pros will have good ones, I have proper punches in work to go through steel. Another trick we have used is to get thin wall metal tube, hold it up to a belt sander and spin it around so the edge is razor sharp, then hit it with a hammer to go through.

If you are drilling I would advise you try it somewhere else on the belt first as a practise, if it is all frayed after drilling you run the risk of the hole growing.

A soldering iron might do it too, again I would practise elsewhere on the belt first, best on an end section that is never under stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

Thanks lads, I think I'll avoid the DIY option and take it to a shoe guy. Don't want to make a dog's dinner of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Drilled a 10mm PL belt with a dremel, there was no fraying or damage but it was a pain in the ass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Drilled a 10mm PL belt with a dremel, there was no fraying or damage but it was a pain in the ass.

You got drilled in the ass? no wonder it hurt.

Advertisement